Winnipeg Transit and area

BCT-3122-D800-10240

Interesting notes about 701:

-It has different type of headlights. If you look, the headlights have a blue-ish tint to them and they seem a bit brighter than usual.

-It is equipped with a curb feeler

-It has small LED lights in the interior for the rear steps

701 has LED headlights, 701-733 have curb feelers installed, 701 and 702 both have a different right side mirror and arm with non-adjustable head and an arm that can handle wash-rack abuse.

A few year ago I remember seeing a route 4 but I don't remember where it went ?

Most likely a Bomber bus... used for shuttling Winnipeg Bomber spectators from different parts of the city to the Stadium. I do remembering seeing a route 6 this summer for the Bomber game. It woulda made an interesting photo! :)

Couldn't it also be a bomber fan fare route? I guess it depends on where and when you saw it. I do remember the 4 Downtown Spirit however a while back. I think the route was canceled because of low ridership as I don't see a route going from the Forks to City hall serves much purpose as the rest of the Downtown Spirit routes.

Do you know when they got caned it and why?

Can't recall, but likely ridership along with what the businesses (that help pay for it) wanted. The 1 and 2 were modified to cover part of the 4's route.

Couldn't it also be a bomber fan fare route?

No, because those routes aren't part of the the regular route system.

No, because those routes aren't part of the the regular route system.

True... but the bomber fan fare routes do state the route number on the buses which can lead to some confusion with the spirit routes. All transitboy said was that he seen this route 4 a while back... could of been either or. My word is as good as yours! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I've notice on some 700's low 7 I think they have curb feller I was told that they are.

I think 700- 714 under test

I've notice on some 700's low 7 I think they have curb feller I was told that they are.

20 buses from 701 to 733

On all of them I think.

I don't think all of them do. Here's 4784 with a curb sensor: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...5870ets4784.jpg , but none of my D60LF photos show the curb sensors: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...d60lf/index.htm . ETS 214 photographed in April 2010 also does not have the curb sensor: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/alberta...-8736ets214.jpg . Some of St. Albert's buses have the curb sensors as well.