Brantford Transit

Aztek985

Well I figured I might as well begin a topic for Brantford Transit. What a better way to start it off than introducing you to the Brantford Transit 2006 Nova LFSes (ex-Oshawa?) :lol: . They arrived a month early, very suprising. I went to the garage today and took pics of all 4 of the LFS buses. I'll share some photos with you.

9061 - Will probably take service third, after 9064. The bus is about 45% to 50% decaled, yet most of it remains white.

dsc01583zs9.th.jpg

9062 - First and only bus ready for service. It actually WAS in service this morning for a few runs, but then went out of service, yet sits in service row.

dsc01595fr8.th.jpg

9063 - 9063 will probably be the last Nova in service. It remains decaled with factory default items, is all white, and still has the delivery tags attached to it. It appears they haven't even touched this bus yet, except for programming the sign, it looks like they drove it here, parked it, and forgot about it for the meantime.

dsc01601jc9.th.jpg

9064 - It appears 9064 will be the next bus ready for service. Its painted, decaled, and was getting some final touchups technical-wise when I was there.

dsc01579ss0.th.jpg

Interior - Interior of 9064. The interior is the same among all four Novas.

dsc01574wj7.th.jpg dsc01576tr1.th.jpg

Please note. These buses have side and rear destination signs. These are the first buses to have these since Brantford Transit changed the rollsign back in 2000, or something like that.

There you go. Be sure to subscribe to this thread and stay up-to-date on everything happening at Brantford Transit. :lol:

They should be 2005...

Brantford numbers their low floors the YEAR THEY got them, Not the year they were built.

And yes, these buses do look 99% Oshawa / Guelph Spec !!

( for those of you who don't know, Guelph has changed their specs to match the Oshawa rejects)

There you go. Be sure to subscribe to this thread and stay up-to-date on everything happening at Brantford Transit. :lol:

Funny, they have the Quebec yield sticker installed.

It looks like they are removing one of the side sign according to your photo. Perhaps back to front sign only? Brantford has been front sign only sometimes in the early 80's.

I'm not too sure if Brantford order their own, the remainder of ex-Oshawa or getting more ex-demo, unless one of the staff was former Oshawa and spec. their buses like that.

It looks like they are removing one of the side sign according to your photo.

If your refering to the 9064 photo, the sign was taken out at the moment of that photo. You can clearly see the wires hanging loosely and the sign laying on the wheel's cover.

If your refering to the 9064 photo, the sign was taken out at the moment of that photo. You can clearly see the wires hanging loosely and the sign laying on the wheel's cover.

I just noticed that aswell, Leave it to Brantford to do a a dumb thing like throw away a perfectly good sign !

Does anybody know if Woodstock got their LFS yet ? I Assume it is a Oshawa spec aswell :lol: ?

9061 -> 9064 all have side and rear signs.

Have you asked anyone at the garage why they order the side and rear sign? Majority of people just look at the front of the sign and less maintenance, unless people are starting to complained that they don't know what's the dest. sign when they stand on the side behind the bus when more than one buses arrive at the terminal.

Have you asked anyone at the garage why they order the side and rear sign? Majority of people just look at the front of the sign and less maintenance, unless people are starting to complained that they don't know what's the dest. sign when they stand on the side behind the bus when more than one buses arrive at the terminal.

I never asked. I never got confirmation if these are truely Oshawa rejects or not. Brantford doesn't seem to order their buses with side or rear signs, unless their going to begin doing that now, which would be a good idea.

I never asked. I never got confirmation if these are truely Oshawa rejects or not. Brantford doesn't seem to order their buses with side or rear signs, unless their going to begin doing that now, which would be a good idea.

Alright. I'll ask someone when they visit the garage next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I found out today that 9061 -> 9064 are not Oshawa buses. They are brand new 2006 Novas, and, I guess, were made to Oshawa specs. Brantford Transit really isn't that cheap. <_<

Also a heads up, 9061 hit the road today :lol: . That means 9061, 9062, and 9064 are all on the road. 9063 should be joining them in the near future.

I found out today that 9061 -> 9064 are not Oshawa buses. They are brand new 2006 Novas, and, I guess, were made to Oshawa specs. Brantford Transit really isn't that cheap. <_<

Also a heads up, 9061 hit the road today :lol: . That means 9061, 9062, and 9064 are all on the road. 9063 should be joining them in the near future.

They may have a new fleet manager who spec. the buses. The old guy may have retired after going for front sign only for years.

9063 hit the road today.

Brantford Transit does not have a new fleet manager.

Thanks Kyle for looking into if they were "Oshawa rejects."

Looks like "Oshawa's" specs are popular :P . Guelph also similarly speced their new NOVAs similarly to Oshawa, as John pointed out, and that type of fabric is used in Durham, York, and a few other companies which escape memory, one of which has highway coaches. Maybe it's one of those "fads" like bus companies in the 1980s - mid-1990s having faux wood laminate panneling and blue or orange and brown AS 6468 seats. :P

Alright. You have the photo of the dashboard BTW?

Yeah I do. Here.

9062dashga3.th.jpg

Will these Novas result in the retirement of any Brantford's fishbowls, (i.e. 9725, 9793, etc)

9793 is confirmed as the next bus to retire. Other fishbowls will unfortunally retire too, I'm just not sure of which ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...