The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

15 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Here's a glimpse of the old 600s series bus 621

And a interior light pic one of my favorite view inside the old 600s

received_860244027471066.jpeg

Sound like they pressed a wrong button on their systems while the OTS were updating the 2018 summer schedule!

Yeah. Some buses aren't even on GPS. It gotta get fixed at some point. By the way , did you see #80 - #99 recently? Also 6 300 series retired yesterday. 

19 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Here's a glimpse of the old 600s series bus 621

And a interior light pic one of my favorite view inside the old 600s

received_860244027471066.jpeg

Nicely caught! 

Did you see any ex-700 TMCs still running for the Navy Exchange? 

On 6/22/2018 at 3:34 AM, Rotidua said:

Nicely caught! 

Did you see any ex-700 TMCs still running for the Navy Exchange? 

Sadly..

Some units were blown up for military practice in January 2013 and three other units we're still running until the next year of January 2014. As I asked my auntie Sandy who works for next Shuttle in the morning and the OTS for kapolei route shuttles. I notice the 1994 600s and 1995 600s has different walls. The 94 ones had no glossy walls and the 95 ones had glossy walls..

1. The cleaning woman must have kicked the plug out again June 22 because the HEA system was down during the morning rush hour. Seriously, I understand that the main job of OTS is to run buses, not to maintain an online schedule. But if we’re going to have this system, let’s keep it running, because people depend on it. Don’t know whether it’s training, staffing or inattention, but the system is down far too often. When I lived in Chicago, which runs nearly 2,000 buses, I can’t think of a single day when the system was unavailable. And why is there still a message on the HEA saying buses may not have real time information for a couple of days after June 3?

2. Are there really 20 new 700s, or are there only 8? Obviously there will be more eventually, but each day it gets harder to consider additional new buses as part of the same batch. Reminds me of last year when we were told the 600s would go up to 698 but they stopped at 677.

3. Does anyone know what’s wrong with #703? I haven’t seen it on the HEA for a couple of weeks (not that I can trust the HEA).

4. In checking the city’s purchasing website, I note that there is no mention of new buses for 2019. Normally requests for proposals, if not firm orders, would be posted by now. OTS is running 21–year-old buses, many others are nearing retirement age, and all the manufacturers have large backlogs. So whether we are getting electric buses or more diesels, it is probably not a good idea to delay.

35 minutes ago, Williamv said:

1. The cleaning woman must have kicked the plug out again June 22 because the HEA system was down during the morning rush hour. Seriously, I understand that the main job of OTS is to run buses, not to maintain an online schedule. But if we’re going to have this system, let’s keep it running, because people depend on it. Don’t know whether it’s training, staffing or inattention, but the system is down far too often. When I lived in Chicago, which runs nearly 2,000 buses, I can’t think of a single day when the system was unavailable. And why is there still a message on the HEA saying buses may not have real time information for a couple of days after June 3?

2. Are there really 20 new 700s, or are there only 8? Obviously there will be more eventually, but each day it gets harder to consider additional new buses as part of the same batch. Reminds me of last year when we were told the 600s would go up to 698 but they stopped at 677.

3. Does anyone know what’s wrong with #703? I haven’t seen it on the HEA for a couple of weeks (not that I can trust the HEA).

4. In checking the city’s purchasing website, I note that there is no mention of new buses for 2019. Normally requests for proposals, if not firm orders, would be posted by now. OTS is running 21–year-old buses, many others are nearing retirement age, and all the manufacturers have large backlogs. So whether we are getting electric buses or more diesels, it is probably not a good idea to delay.

1. Half buses are on GPS buses. And will not show the buses coming hours later. And they should fix that.

2. I don't know.

3. I don't know.

4. Pretty sure. And Routes 19 and 20 rarely use the 950s and 960s. 

12 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

A bus driver told me that some of the TMC buses are unretired and are going to be used for a few days. 

Do you have any further details? Am I supposed to believe that the TMC’s have been retired, but still hanging around the base for the last couple of years?? That seems unrealistic at best. If you could provide some proof to these claims, it would be greatly appreciated. 

On June 30, 2018 at 8:30 PM, kainoa3 said:

Do you have any further details? Am I supposed to believe that the TMC’s have been retired, but still hanging around the base for the last couple of years?? That seems unrealistic at best. If you could provide some proof to these claims, it would be greatly appreciated. 

If this is false then the bus driver is telling me false information? And also recently and about 1 week ago and a few days ago , there was false information on the GPS. And for the GPS says that #875 is on Route C currently. So this means this is false or no? The path is off on the GPS for that and even has a question mark on TheBus sign. 

image.thumb.png.bd47b2624c356cb5bd90fcde1d768f0e.png image.thumb.png.79f3de2fea94b16db3aad4b2f9e04a85.png

image.thumb.png.2a441a41ae60fb23a9f527126214604d.png A more closer look. So is bus #875 really on Route C or is it really at the Kalihi Bus Facility? 

image.png

On June 23, 2018 at 1:44 PM, Williamv said:

1. When I ride TheBus in Colorado when I visited , there was not even a single day the GPS Bus arrival system was down when I was visiting Colorado. 

On 6/30/2018 at 8:26 AM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

A bus driver told me that some of the TMC buses are unretired and are going to be used for a few days. 

You do know that when I mentioned the TMCs, I'm talking about this one, right? Where does this bus driver that you rely info on work at anyways? 

8529123939_469b63e152_b.jpg

o0480031910871464012.jpg

19 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

I don't know. TheBus driver was talking about the 200 TMC RTSs. I think TheBus driver is just giving out false information. 

I expect info on the ex-700s to come from people associated with the Navy Exchange. Unless if that driver works for the Navy Exchange shuttle, your statement holds nothing of value. Please get a better sense of critical thinking.

On 7/17/2018 at 1:33 AM, Rotidua said:

You do know that when I mentioned the TMCs, I'm talking about this one, right? Where does this bus driver that you rely info on work at anyways

Uhhhh that pic of 721!

I can hear the 6V92TA roaring through the JPG image!

The 'regular' RTSs looked way more comfortable in Oahu, even though they were fewer in number than their flat-fronted cousins, the 200-series RTS-08s. I sure wish there had been more RTS-06s -- thankfully we have great photos like this to remember them by...

13 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Route 1

Cool. 

Just as the GPS shows 4 digit bus numbers on the GPS and they're not on the CPTDB Wiki , don't think they're new buses. On the GPS , 3114 is 667. And 667 was shown on the GPS as 667. And also 663 was also shown on the GPS as 663. Now it's not on GPS. And on the GPS just around a month ago , the GPS said 3110. It was actually 663. I don't get it. How can the GPS get messed up? 

Does anyone know when 663 is going to be back on GPS? 

And 667?

On 7/10/2018 at 9:37 AM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

As for recently , the GPS had some false information for some buses like 663 and others , so I know that 663 is going to be off GPS. 

Based on this entire thread, I am gonna be honest and think that nobody really cares about GPS, as it is inaccurate especially on estimated arrivals during rush hour. The only this its useful is just to see if the service got canceled and see what bus is actually in service. 

If only OTS will come up with something better and give us LIVE updates on bus services  

Such as if a bus has a mechanical problem, an emergency situation or a detour instead of constantly checking HEA or an App. 

If they get that done, I will trust the so called "GPS" again.