2008 Edmonton and Area Spottings

James

Not good news, they are tying up the trolley wires at 89street and 118 avenue today. I'm not feeling good about this because they aren't done the other side of the street farther down and our part is phase 2 and doesn't start till next year. it was Epcor out there too. it seems maybe they don't have enough work to do elsewhere?

Laura says they are putting back some EB wire between 87 and 82 Streets on 118 Avenue.

Laura says they are putting back some EB wire between 87 and 82 Streets on 118 Avenue.

I verified this morning. There is no wire put back. this was the wire they were tying the wire over at 89st and 118 avenue area. unless I missed something but it doesnt look like it. i don't think they will put it back in yet because they havent dug up the eastbound lanes yet. they have big tractors and they woudl get in the way of the OH.

I verified this morning. There is no wire put back. this was the wire they were typing over at 89st and 118 avenue area. unless I missed something but it doesnt look like it. i don't think they will put it back in yet because they havent dug up the eastbound lanes yet. they have big tractors and they woudl get in the way of the OH.

That's what I thought. BTW how does one type over wire?

So about that sandy colored stuff at Cromdale tail track... it's now asphalt! So there's some beside a portion of the track, with wood in between the rails. As well there is a big pad, presumably for parking or something.

They were working on that on Saturday. Often in spring time, or after heavy rain, a small lake forms in that general area!

They were working on that on Saturday. Often in spring time, or after heavy rain, a small lake forms in that general area!

How we love our bodies of water. Ken still talks fondly of the dive tank that formed outside Mitchell. He said he returned after work with his trunks and snorkel and, much to his dismay, the 'tank' had been drained. ;)

• Board Admin

Elevator at Corona is broken.

Sleeping bus passenger attacked

VICTORIA HANDYSIDES/METRO EDMONTON

September 22, 2008 05:42

Passengers on a city bus saw shades of the horrific Greyhound bus attack this weekend, after a man was attacked while sleeping on a bus ride in the west end.

Police said at around 5 p.m. Friday, a man boarded a bus on 156 Street and Stony Plain Road and sat next a man who was sleeping at the back of the bus.

Suddenly, and seemingly unprovoked, the man jumped on the napping passenger, hitting him several times.

Concerned passengers jumped in and stopped the assailant from beating the other man.

A short while later, an ambulance was called to 146 Street and Stony Plain Road, to help a man that was apparently in distress.

It was discovered that the man EMS came to assist was the alleged assailant from the bus.

Aaron James Cheechuk, 22, was charged with assault and uttering threats.

In July a man sleeping on a Winnipeg-bound Greyhound was attacked and beheaded.

Was also reading this morning that someone got robbed at knifepoint at Clareview LRT just after midnight.

• Board Admin
Man critically injured after falling onto LRT platform

Updated: Wed Sep. 24 2008 10:52:42

ctvedmonton.ca

160_fall_080924.jpg

Police tape surrounds a section of the Corona LRT station after a man fell two stories overnight.

A man is in hospital with life-threatening injuries after he fell nearly two stories and landed on a light-rail platform overnight.

Police say just before midnight, the man fell 20 to 25 feet from the upper level of the Corona LRT station and he landed on the concrete below.

The man was rushed to hospital with critical head injuries.

Investigators say security tapes reveal the fall was likely accidental and that alcohol is a factor.

Source: http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CT...ub=EdmontonHome

Unit # 160 had a bit of an oops tonight. From what I could tell , the harp got snagged in a switch and pulled the harp off and pulled some contact wire out of the switch. Not sure of the location, somewhere on 124 Street, I think.

ah great. now it will be all diesel this morning.

ah great. now it will be all diesel this morning.

Yup. My driver had a 'weekend trolley'. :o

I found out from a driver this morning that it was Unit # 198 involved with the SB switch on 124 Street and 108 Avenue. They just kept calling # 160 because they kept trying to catch up with it to change it over. Listening to the event unfold last night, it seemed like everyone was on a different page. Usually I don't have any problem following the conversations.

There was a 41XX on the Route 5 tonight, dep. WTC at 1847, and man, something was REALLY grinding under the bus, and the bus shook forwards and backwards very violently at times. It made HORRIBLE noises. Driver didn't seem to mind. Then there was a 44XX on the Route 2 that could be heard for miles. What an abomination. UGH.

This morning there was a parasite on the FEEDERCABLES outside my place and lockout tags on the circuit breaker. Epcor was doing some work on the traffic signals on 124 Street and 111 Avenue as the traffic lights were out and there was an officer on point duty. I guess early on a Saturday would be a good time to do something like that, less traffic and all.

My weekend is getting worse by the minute. I am very devistated to report that the trolley wires have now been removed up to about 95th street. So from 81st till about 95th on 118 avenue the wire is gone.

Ugh im so flipping pissed to see that. I yelled to one of the girls in the bucket truck to put my trolley lines back up. she was like you like those? i said id take the overhead any day over the exhaust from those stink diesel buses. She responded that she couldnt blame me for that!