Today's Sightings

14-024 on the 105 and totally grafitti'ed to hell bigtime!!! This could be the worst I've ever seen on an STM bus! The inside is completely finished... Every seat, setion of windows, floor, roof.... OMG!

'The PURE trash sighting of the day'...

18-057 on the 51 at 4:30pm

14-024 on the 105 and totally grafitti'ed to hell bigtime!!! This could be the worst I've ever seen on an STM bus! The inside is completely finished... Every seat, setion of windows, floor, roof.... OMG!

'The PURE trash sighting of the day'...

18-057 on the 51 at 4:30pm

Why doesn't the media report this on the TV news, shaming those who perpetrate these outrages?

Have Barry Wilson lambast them as well. Offer rewards for turning these cretins in--just like those morons in the hockey game riot--and when caught, publish their sorry faces in the media as well, like they do in the U.K.

Didn't they make the Cote de Liesse inside lane a diamond lane exclusively for busses a few years back? I swear they did. Maybe the paint wore off!

That is a 24 hour bus and taxi lane, one of the few in Montreal. Usually cops can be found patrolling the lane (higher probabilities than I've seen anywhere else).

That is a 24 hour bus and taxi lane, one of the few in Montreal. Usually cops can be found patrolling the lane (higher probabilities than I've seen anywhere else).

That's what I thought. I do remember seeing those painted diamonds a couple of years back, but from where I was sitting I couldn't see if they'd been re-painted since last winter probably wore them off--as commonly happens. Wise-guy car drivers (and there are lots of those, right?) can then obviously claim they were unaware of the lane being only for busses and taxis--not to mention our faded crosswalks as well, where you take your life in your hands.

As an aside, I love shouting at drivers who go through stop signs! Some dumb &%$#& woman almost ran me down at a shopping centre the other day, totally ignoring the stop sign, and when I yelled at her, she gives me the usual "Who, me? Hey, I'm special.", look. Wish I could have pulled her out of the car and drawn a crowd of likewise infuriated pedestrians to give her a resounding blast, and then hold her for the cops to deal with it. I would imagine a citizen's arrest would be applicable in such cases.

And the city wants to allow "right on red"! Dumbest idea ever! :rolleyes:

Yesterday:

12-096 was doing the 54. Front looks pretty rough. :rolleyes:

14-105 was doing the 31.

Ex-505 runner 14-173 was doing the 56 at Henri Bourassa Metro. No website on the back.

15-087 was parked at Henri Bourassa as unknown, but likely 48 or 49.

Same for 14-085 but for a Legendre route likely.

27-531 was doing the 171 when I got on it, did the 121 later.

15-060 was doing the 171 too. Got on it.

13-062 was doing the 141 in the afternoon. This bus really needs a new front paint job. :mellow:

Yesterday:

12-096 was doing the 54. Front looks pretty rough. :P

14-105 was doing the 31.

Ex-505 runner 14-173 was doing the 56 at Henri Bourassa Metro. No website on the back.

15-087 was parked at Henri Bourassa as unknown, but likely 48 or 49.

Same for 14-085 but for a Legendre route likely.

27-531 was doing the 171 when I got on it, did the 121 later.

15-060 was doing the 171 too. Got on it.

13-062 was doing the 141 in the afternoon. This bus really needs a new front paint job. :(

Hey, man, you should apply for a job at the STM as their Metropolitan Maintenance Investigator.

Seriously, you'd wake up a lot of people over there. :P

One of my pet beefs: why do they remove the outdated bus schedules from bus stops but not replace many of them with the new ones right then and there at the same time, instead of leaving the frame empty often for weeks and months? How dumb is that? Would this happen at airports or train stations? Ha!

16-004 with STM.info on 97 Mont-Royal today.

94 D'Iberville did not have extra frequency on it and this line is pure trash with obese unwashed people taking this route... definitely low class/no class area it serves, how surprising could it be!

Better off taking the 97 with unofficial 97X extras serving Hournal de Mourial HQ!

Other than that, nothing else particularly seen today was particularly good! Save for the Museum shuttles!

94 D'Iberville did not have extra frequency on it and this line is pure trash with obese unwashed people taking this route... definitely low class/no class area it serves, how surprising could it be!

Oh, so?

I'll have to add this to my "grunge route" list, which thus far includes the 18, 125, 193, and 121. :):P

Oh, so?

I'll have to add this to my "grunge route" list, which thus far includes the 18, 125, 193, and 121. :):P

Your pretty much save to add any routes east of downtown.. there all filled with trash for the most part..

Your pretty much save to add any routes east of downtown.. there all filled with trash for the most part..

Now, now...even the riff ra...uh, working class have to get to their jobs cleaning toilets. Somebody's gotta do it.

And anyway, I refer mostly to the ugly and decrepit buildings beside which these routes run. :P

First time experience today.

Was riding route 55 southbound when it pulled over to the curb just before Jarry.

An STM inspector/maintenance car (or whatever it's called) is parked halfway up onto the sidewalk. The guy from the car gets on the bus, yanks the transfer machine from its bracket, and replaces it with a new one--displacing the keyboard and its bracket in the process, of course.

The inspector/maintenance guy lugs out the old transfer machine, drops it into the back of his car, opens it, and plugs it into a power source for testing. From where I'm sitting I can see the huge cardboard roll and mechanism within. The bus, with its new transfer box installed, then pulls away and we continue south.

Hmmm...I wonder what will become of those trusty old bus transfer boxes? "Ker-chunk"! I think that sound will be ingrained within me forever--just like the old Metro turnstile's "clunk". :P

Forgot to mention, Cote-Vertu's Monty platform now has Sanyo Metrovision LCD monitors. Oh joy.

That's right.....brackets went in a couple of weeks ago, and the screens went up very fast, just like it occurred at Bonaventure.

Watch for more stations, Im sure they won't stop there, I hope they will, but I doubt it at the same time.

12-080 on the 105 with what looked to be an ancient ad for Carrefour Angrinion, done up in paint and BEHIND the rear ad rack. I've never seen this anywhere before, has anyone else?

Also worth noting, is the driver side back-up light is dirty and hardly white, and the door side one is crystal clean and clear, you can see the bulb through the plastic.

I'll try and get some pics up if needed.

12-080 on the 105 with what looked to be an ancient ad for Carrefour Angrinion, done up in paint and BEHIND the rear ad rack.

I was actually on 12-080 on the 105 during PM rush... I didn't see this old ad though. Can you show us what it looks like?

Yeah man! Didn't we see this as one of the museum shuttles!!!?

12-007 today on the 214 still STCUM on the side :P

I'm really glad to see that. Last time we passed CT St-Laurent a few weeks ago, it was parked at the front with a defective sticker in the windshield.