Transit Detour/Delay Thread

David D.

Well looks like i missed this event.

Keep in mind somtimes they DON'T broadcast the message on the loud speaker inside the MR73s if the problem is on the green line and vise versa for the MR63s. Sometimes if there's a problem on the green its only mentionned on the Telecite screens for the other lines. Though the message is broadcasted throughout the system on the station speakers at all times from what i've seen.

Your mistaken there, I heard yesterday's message in a MR-73 at about 7:55 before getting off at Villa and that's the only place where I heard it.

What I think they don't do is broadcast messages on MR-63, I don't think I heard a message of an interuption on a MR-63 yet.

Your mistaken there, I heard yesterday's message in a MR-73 at about 7:55 before getting off at Villa and that's the only place where I heard it.

What I think they don't do is broadcast messages on MR-63, I don't think I heard a message of an interuption on a MR-63 yet.

Well I dont use keywords for nothing u know IE the word "Sometimes".

And about the MR63, what do u mean? u mean u never heard a message before on a MR63 ever? Or u mean on a MR63 of somthing going on on another line besides the green?

Because i can tell u that they certainly do broadcasts messages on MR63s of both a green line problem (mainly) but will for another line as well but the keyword i used here is "Sometimes" they don't for another line other than the green.

If people here dont always take the time to read a post properly word for word and then they misunderstand the post intirely than that is not my fault.

There was a detour today for the 460 Eastbound runners at Jarry and Pie-IX (my busfanning fav and also half journey spot) this evening. The buses had to turn into the Super C parking lot so 14-103 did the 460...at Super C! It then turned back on Pie-IX Southbound, most likely using the A40 to continue the route instead of going East on Jarry, then turning right on Provencher to get back on the 40. One picture of 14-103 doing the 460 at the store...

http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...tsuperc2py4.jpg

Slow-down on the Green line at 4pm to 4:15. It happened west of Lionel-Groulx going west as it was aboard a metro car- 81-590. I'm not too sure what happened but the doors to that cars were locked and two CO's were inside. This slow-down created the most congestion at Atwater where I was. The platform was FULL on the HB side.

• 2 weeks later...

Well because of an accident I presume the WB 216 and probably the 214 as well went on detour, which tends to screw over any passenger waiting to get on between Cote-Vertu and Henri-Bourassa. The detour route is the following: Cote-Vertu, St-Francois, Halpern, H-Bourassa.

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a time when the 214/216 along the Transcanadienne would be faster than the 215 at rush hour. Well, congestion nullfies this advantage! Nowadays around 5 pm there tends to be heavy traffic starting on the WB service road at or before Cote-Vertu, and so the 214/216 bus is forced to detour. I shudder at the thought of taking the 215 at rush hour and thinking that it's actually faster than the rush hour buses :lol: I wonder how the 470 copes!

• 2 weeks later...

MAJOR INTERRUPTION on the ORANGE LINE

This is happening now (5pm) to at least 7:30pm It has been in affect since 3:30.

It is between Berri-UQAM and Beaubien and/or Cremazie. It is due to a broken water main, or atleast that's what is being said.

That's all for now. SPS' should be in service hopefully.

Wow finally an interruption that somebody caught once again lol. That or the STM was going for a duration record of non-major metro interruptions lol.

Speaking of flooding in the metro, has anyone noticed that then entire tunnel between McGill and Peel, inlcluding much of Peel, has been flooded for some time now?? There's always permanant water coming in on the Northern tunnel wall right near Peel station ANG platform between Mcgill and Peel but now the tunnel itself has really gathered alot of water occumilation, its not deep or anything, maybe 20-30mm deep (2-3cm) but that can't be good for the rails for all that water to be there that long.

Then again between Berri and Jean-Drapeau that thing is pretty much flooded on a regular basis and pumps run constantly, in the springtime its worse and they have to shut down the service sometimes when the water gets 15cm or so deep and go suck it up with more pumps. Not to mention Frontenac has to be watched very closely because when the water is running normally under there then its fine but if the intensity of the flow changes which is also can alot in the springtime as well, then the station can become flooded within 15mins.

• 1 month later...

Major detour today here at my place. At the corner of Ste. Catherine and St. Mathieu there was a big fire that gutted most of the building. It blocked Ste. Catherine from St.Marc to Guy, and St. Mathieu from Maisoneuve past Ste. Cat.

So the bus routes effected were and are: 165/535, 66, 166, 15, and the 57.

Well my friend tells me there was an interruption or slow down late last night on the Green line while she was waiting on the platform at Guy-Concordia..

Also, while SMS and i were at Longueuil metro station on the last metro of the night back toward MTL, there was a stabbing on a metro car on the orange line at Place-D'armes metro station so the service was interrupted on the Orange line between Bonaventure and Berri-UQAM for an indetermined duration at 1h30 am!!!!!!!!!!!

IT was announced on the PA that all trains were to be delayed for 4mins so ppl could make their connections, however, once SMS and i got to Berri-UQAM from the south shore there were still about a dozen or so ppl on the platform at 1h36am! waiting to go to the south shore! Well they're last metro was at 1h30 and did NOT wait for them.

Now i would assume since we were being kicked out of the station by 1h39am or so that either that metro that was involved in the stabbing incident was either held back for the night and never completed its run to the end, OR it had just passed when we got to Berri-UQAM but since the Vaccum train was there im really not so sure. Unless it was the second to last train that was going to Cote-Vertu that was involved in the incident and that the last metro simply caught up to it?? Not sure but it really sounded like there was an actual train stuck at Place-D'armes not moving.

SMS and i were very interested in trying to see what the STM would do in such situations. Do u kick everyone off the train leave it where it be and call it a night? (i believe what they did). Do u restart the service at 2am and continue to CV or HB and make everyone finish their shifts at their station later? IE overtime? (Doubt it). Or if its a second to last train involved and downtown on the orange line like last night for example then is it even remotely conceivable that they would detour the last trains of the night on the Orange and actually dare i say?? Detour them to the Green line!!?? and then back on track after Berri or Lionel-Groulx? (Severly doubt it) I guess all very interesting questions that not to many ppl could answer, even in the STM!

Major detour today here at my place. At the corner of Ste. Catherine and St. Mathieu there was a big fire that gutted most of the building. It blocked Ste. Catherine from St.Marc to Guy, and St. Mathieu from Maisoneuve past Ste. Cat.

So the bus routes effected were and are: 165/535, 66, 166, 15, and the 57.

Another detour today! Due to a gas leak at the same place, as listed above. I don't know when it happened but it's gonna be closed for the next while.

This time the metro is affected, the metro's leaving Guy or arriving have to be in Manual, and at a low speed.

i can tell u tht as of tonight, the 106 and 109 are detoured severly. The CO was putting up the cover ups all evening long. The 106 stays on 90th and lasalle boulevard ONLY, and the 109 doesnt venture onto the narrow resi streets and instead stays on Juliette and i guess only uses Robidoux st. to get to and from Cordner to Juliette.

As for the 110's most difficult areas, it still was staying on route for the narrow streets around LS's borough city hall for some reason, IE Stirling, highlands, Airlie, Dupras etc. As for Lachine i dont know.

On CJAD radio today a caller called in and said a female STM bus driver on the bus he was on got up and said to everyone she cant take it anymore and she simply left the bus right there just liek that!! WTF!

She couldn't take the driving conditions apparently, i wonder how much trouble if any u can get in for doing that? It wasn't exactly one of those skating rink freezing rain days, the bus might have kept getting stuck but at least it wasnt sliding to the curb and hitting parked cars or ppl!

Hmm maybe she had some crappy first gen and tht's why she couldnt take it anymore, in which case i wouldnt blame her whatsover lol, today was CLASSIC day thanks! 34cm of snow means that bus stop zones might have snow higher than the floor of a LFS by far!

The difference between a high floor and low floor bus means although they might both get stuck in snow one of them has a much better chance of getting UNSTUCK!

The 51 is detoured because its too narrow to pass on Queen Mary Rd. between Decarie and Macdonald st. The route is detoured onto Cote st. Luc Rd for that part instead.

It's still going on today

Major detours,relocation of the bus stops and bus loop around the AMT's Sherbrooke street east parking lot park and ride. In effect from March 3rd to the 10th, 2007.

FERMETURE TEMPORAIRE DE LA BOUCLE D’AUTOBUS ET RELOCALISATION DES CIRCUITS D’AUTOBUS DE LA STM du 3 au 10 mars 2007

L’Agence métropolitaine de transport (AMT) informe sa clientèle du stationnement incitatif Sherbrooke Est qu’en raison de travaux effectués par la Ville de Montréal, la boucle d’autobus du stationnement sera temporairement fermée. Par conséquent, les circuits d’autobus de la STM nos 40, 182 et 430 seront relocalisés, du 3 au 10 mars 2007.

Relocalisation des circuits d’autobus de la STM nos 40, 182 et 430

En direction ouest : à l’intersection de la rue Sherbrooke et du boul. de la Rousselière, du côté nord-est

En direction est : à l’intersection de la rue Sherbrooke et du boul. de la Rousselière, du côté sud-est

travauxSherbrooke.JPG