Charter Bus Lines of British Columbia

BCT-3122-D800-10240

• 3 weeks later...

A rare sight in the Lower Mainland, CBL 1002 passed me on Nordel Way at 116th St in Delta this afternoon. I did capture a copule of photos with my camera phone but the sun was at a bad angle. This is one of four 102-DL3's in the CBL fleet that operates out of their Williams Lake office doing mine contract work. She was headed west on Nordel Way towards the CBL yard in Delta.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if CBL has been selling off any of their older Prevost H3-40's? Thanks!

As time goes by, yes older equipment get sold; and is always for sale.

As of today's date,:

H340s

801, 804 sold - gone to Wilson's, Victoria BC

809, 813, 816 sold - gone to Farwest, Kitimat BC

814, 815 sold - gone to Canada West, Kamloops BC (after the 6 speed standard had been replaced with a 5 speed automatic transmission)

H341s

826-8 sold/transferred - Quick Coach Lines 1601-3

Still in the CBL Fleet at either the Delta or Williams Lake BC yard: H340 802, 804, 805-7, 808, 810-12, 817-22. H341 823-5, 829

* Note that 806,7,10,12 have been reengined with rebuilt 8v92 and automatic 5-speed transmissions.

**Note that 808, 811, 817-21 are retrofitted with DD Series 60 motors with redesigned tag axles to clear shifter linkage/lines

***Note that 812, 817-825 have had windshield retrofit - now 2 piece glass- and headlight upgrade **subnote that only 818 and 825 are xenon, the rest are Halogen bulbs.

****823,4,5 & 9 have been upgraded to 36 pax "Executive" interiors.

Call Wayne for the coach of your choice!

The Squamish Coach Lines H3-40 here could be ex-CBLBC (headlight retrofit).

The SCL H340 is not an ex-CBL. Unknown to me the History, but the window cap and headlights are a Western Bus Service (North Vancouver) bodywork job.

I think they have four that are actually brand new, the rest are retrofits. Most the LeMirage XL's went to Quick Coach Lines.

As of today's date; CBL has purchased 14 H345s new from Prevost.

901-2 1997 (this needs to be corrected in the fleet list on this site)

903-6 1998

923-6 2006

927-30 2007

Guess those little coaches are 3035REs. http://www.abc-companies.com/models/3035REpg1.asp But who is the official manufacturer? VanHool or ABC Companies?

Google Search lists Champion as well. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&clie...earch&meta=

They are a bastardized coach; officially a "General Coach".

Freightliner frame/chassis

Cummins Engine - gutless power

Allison Transmission

VanHool rear tail light package and some interior parts.

Awful to maintain; and terrible service help.

NICE! I had no idea that Bob Marshall's bus was an old CBL!

Partially incorrect.

Bob Marshall was the last owner/operator in the CBL fleet. His coach, 210, was painted as if it was an official CBL coach andleft with him when he became an owner/operator with Cantrail; then he became independent.

I heard recently he may have sold the old girl.

915 is a VIP coach of some sort, I know it has a non-traditional interior equipped with tables, probably power ports and a fridge as well (if PCL's conversion job on 3008 for the NDP election campaign charter was any indicator). I suspect the roof-mounted A/C was necessary due to equipment boxes under the floor of the bus to power all the gizmos on board.

Incorrect.

915 is still a true coach in that the original A/C-Climate control system is in place; but can only be used when the Engine is running.

The roof-top a/c units were put in to be used with the gen-set that was put in the rear luggage bay, along with clean and grey water tanks and batteries. The gen-set runs a separate interior light circuit, water pumps, 110vAC plugs and the fridge.

The interior was modified by Bruce Coach in Salmon Arm, BC. It has a galley - fridge, coffee maker, cupboards, sink and an enlarged washroom.

As of this date, it is decal'd for Simon Fraser University.

Thanks! However, I do not believe a Series 60 engine will fit into the H3-40 engine compartment and AFAIK, that was the reasoning for the redesign of the H3-40 to the H3-41 to allow for the Series 60 engine at the time.

A DD Series 60 Engine will fit into a H340 with an automatic transmission with little modification(s).

A DD Series 60 Engine will fit into a H340 with Standard transmission if the tag axle is heavily modified. This and for ease of manufaturing, is why the H341 was created. (The h345 and h341 difference is only the one luggage bay, it's doors and 1 piece of glass.)

I know some of CBL's H3-40's were repowered with Series 50's

You are incorrect, sir.

Only 3 CBL XL coaches were repowered with the inline 4 Series 50; and were sold/transferred to Quick Coach Lines.

CBL H340s 808, 811, 817-821 were re-engined with the inline 6 Series 60; retaining the standard transmission, and receiving a heavily modified tag axle.

Keep your eyes open Gang! A friend of mine from CBL just sent me a photo on Facebook of one of the Airporter RTS II's on a flat deck. Apparently they have all been sold and are destined for Winnipeg.

Incorrect.

Only 1 has left the property from the 7 that were used in the Airporter fleet. 101 is the only RTS sold to date.

Not directly related to CBL but I don't know if you're following the Quick thread CBL-H345 driver, do you know where CBL 1705 came from? I know it was rebuilt by Western Bus Repair.

I will find out and update you in the next few days..... I can tell you that it is a first generation H345 with 4th generation front cap and engine door. And yes, this was done at Western Bus.

How does one update the fleet roster of CBL on this site? Many many errors and omits that need to be fixed!

Only 2 have left the property from the 7 that were used in the Airporter fleet. I'll find out which 2 they were and update you soon.
Welcome to the board!

When I was visiting the Beaver Bus Lines Garage back in October 2010, I got to see the one Ex-CBL RTS that they had purchased. I was informed at the time, that there were no plans to purchase a second unit unless something has changed since then. Attached is an image of the builders plate from the RTS. Would this help you verify which unit this was in the CBL fleet? I believe it was #101, but I am unsure.

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

I have sent a private message to your inbox with details on this.

Spent some time editing some things in the roster (once I figured out how to LOG-IN and edit); the CBL Fleet is not a simple roster to maintain!

Welcome to the board!

When I was visiting the Beaver Bus Lines Garage back in October 2010, I got to see the one Ex-CBL RTS that they had purchased. I was informed at the time, that there were no plans to purchase a second unit unless something has changed since then. Attached is an image of the builders plate from the RTS. Would this help you verify which unit this was in the CBL fleet? I believe it was #101, but I am unsure.

There has been some old mothball parking changes and I can confirm 102-107 are still on CBL property. I did hear rumour of 1 heading to Manitoba; and it would appear to be 101.

• 3 months later...
Didn't know CBL received any new H3-45's recently, but it is not surprising though. Here's an image of brand new CBL H3-45 #936: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicle-images/5745142251/

I had heard conflicting reports on what they were getting for new equipment but I knew they were getting new coaches. It looks like you caught her during her delivery drive. There are no BC plates on the front yet.

I had heard conflicting reports on what they were getting for new equipment but I knew they were getting new coaches. It looks like you caught her during her delivery drive. There are no BC plates on the front yet.

Yes that got pointed out to me last night by another member via instant messaging! I didn't catch that as I am sorta used to coaches out here in Alberta not having front plates, I had forgotten to look for it on that BC coach! :P

Edited by BCT-3122-D800-10240

Yes that got pointed out to me last night by another member via instant messaging! I didn't catch that as I am sorta used to coaches out here in Alberta not having plates, I had forgotten to look for it on that BC coach! :P

As of today's date, only 936 has been delivered of the 8 coaches ordered (935-942). The others will be transiting the zone from Quebec in the next 10 days.

Check wiki for updates.

There wouldn't have been conflicting "reports" if one actually asked a CBL employee. We were all notified at our last Driver's meeting in February as to what had been ordered by the owners.

As of today's date, only 936 has been delivered of the 8 coaches ordered (935-942). The others will be transiting the zone from Quebec in the next 10 days.

Check wiki for updates.

There wouldn't have been conflicting "reports" if one actually asked a CBL employee. We were all notified at our last Driver's meeting in February as to what had been ordered by the owners.

Is there any particular reason why they didn't stick with the new livery that was applied to the Van Hools? Or was that just an experimental scheme?

Is there any particular reason why they didn't stick with the new livery that was applied to the Van Hools? Or was that just an experimental scheme?

New livery?

As the 'Hools are a short term lease (4 years), they got a decal only. Very easy to return without green paint; as well the decal is way cheaper than paint.

The new 2011 H345s were ordered without the black "tongue" on the front to match the existing fleet. These are a purchase, not lease.

The conflicting reports came from CBL employees. And the conflict was a matter of which model of coach had been ordered.