TTC New Flyer Hybrid Electric Buses

1 hour ago, randall said:

yeah its running up and down the route, no way its a training bus cause its been on the route for so long 

I live near Keele and Wilson and just saw 9447. It entered service today. 

IMG_4496.jpeg
(Don’t mind the pic, I just put it here to prove)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, randall said:

how come the new busses dont have the same next stop displays as the 32xx - 33xx, 34xx - 36xx and the xe40s?

They seem to arrive with the older version of the software. All buses equipped with displays used to be like that. These displays have alot of options/potentials, but the TTC doesn’t seem to bother making them useful. 
Here is one from a very similar system, Chicago for reference.

IMG_4616.jpeg

I have a question. Roughly how many Artic's would have to enter service for there to be enough for a full conversion of the 935 Jane Express? I ask since it seems to be the eventual plan and im figuring that the conversion will not take place until there are enough in service for 29/929, 41/941 and 35/935 to all get artics. Could this conversion happen around May/June?

1 hour ago, lifty4ever said:

I have a question. Roughly how many Artic's would have to enter service for there to be enough for a full conversion of the 935 Jane Express? I ask since it seems to be the eventual plan and im figuring that the conversion will not take place until there are enough in service for 29/929, 41/941 and 35/935 to all get artics. Could this conversion happen around May/June?

The 41 is never getting artics again. There was enough complains about stupidly wide headways and I'm glad they reverted it to standard buses. Honestly everyone should be praying for the TTC to not convert their route. Artics just means wider headways over long travel times as they dwell longer at stops. They should only be deployed on limited stop routes. We can only dream that TTC will replace standard buses with them at 1:1 ratio.

The 941 was converted to artics and that messed it up. You can be waiting 20 minutes for one to find out it's a standard bus as half the PM rush are not dispatched with artics. This along with the wide headway, slower travel times and terminating at Finch West instead of York U campus (since 2017) totally killed the routes' ridership. The same would likely happen with the 935 conversion.

To actually answer your question. 10 is enough for a conversion based on today's headways. 12 if they want to do a 1:1 replacement (which they really should do). The question is do they really need artics on the route? It's 12" headways in rush hour and 16" in midday. It's terrible if they move it to 15" headway for rush hour and 20" for midday. At this point, they should just discontinue midday service.

The 905 reverted back to standard buses after all this garbage dispatching. That's probably the best thing that happened to that route recently.

Routes they should convert should be the 927, 939 or 960. The 935 doesn't seem to be a good candidate anymore. Maybe they should just take all the 36's artics and throw them on the 35.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

The 41 is never getting artics again. There was enough complains about stupidly wide headways and I'm glad they reverted it to standard buses. Honestly everyone should be praying for the TTC to not convert their route. Artics just means wider headways over long travel times as they dwell longer at stops. They should only be deployed on limited stop routes. We can only dream that TTC will replace standard buses with them at 1:1 ratio.

The 941 was converted to artics and that messed it up. You can be waiting 20 minutes for one to find out it's a standard bus as half the PM rush are not dispatched with artics. This along with the wide headway, slower travel times and terminating at Finch West instead of York U campus (since 2017) totally killed the routes' ridership. The same would likely happen with the 935 conversion.

To actually answer your question. 10 is enough for a conversion based on today's headways. 12 if they want to do a 1:1 replacement (which they really should do). The question is do they really need artics on the route? It's 12" headways in rush hour and 16" in midday. It's terrible if they move it to 15" headway for rush hour and 20" for midday. At this point, they should just discontinue midday service.

The 905 reverted back to standard buses after all this garbage dispatching. That's probably the best thing that happened to that route recently.

Routes they should convert should be the 927, 939 or 960. The 935 doesn't seem to be a good candidate anymore. Maybe they should just take all the 36's artics and throw them on the 35.

Have they considered converting 39/939/339, 902 to Artics? Hell they can swap back the 21 to Malvern and 905 to Birchmount. Once the Crosstown opens, I could see 86/986 and 116/905 moving back to Eglinton garage since the 34 is about to lose some of its runs. They could move the 25 to Birchmount to compensate but I don't know how it's it going to work. Perhaps, Wilson can take over the 11, 51, 74, 78, 103, 115, 122, 162 post-Crosstown.