Timmins Transit's No Photography policy

MCI102A3

my two cents: One the drivers are public servants. We are the tax payers... second transit property is owned by the city... hence "public" property during normal operational hours. if they don't want anyone past the gates... hire a security guard or put a gate up. the only place that the "public" generally are not allowed is the bus garage. bus stations terminals are for the public. and while on the bus its public transit. hence public property. as long as you behave, you can do practically anything. as long as its legal. those rules that say you can't eat, i say as long as you take your garbage with you .. go ahead eat your morning donut and timmies coffee. just don't leave the bag and cup on the bus.

As a Bus Operator from Calgary Transit in Alberta. I totally agree! Especially about Garbage being left on the bus! That's one thing that is getting on my nerves is how lazy and careless the average person is on the bus. Also, people putting their feet on the seats. Bus Operator yells back "Please REMOVE your feet from the SEATS! THANKYOU! :-)

As a Bus Operator from Calgary Transit in Alberta. I totally agree! Especially about Garbage being left on the bus! That's one thing that is getting on my nerves is how lazy and careless the average person is on the bus. Also, people putting their feet on the seats. Bus Operator yells back "Please REMOVE your feet from the SEATS! THANKYOU! :-)

i don't know if your seats are like the ones they "had" in ottawa but they were vinyl or plastic and rubber. in my opinion if your feet were clean or it was the summer and no one needed that seat then my feet went up but they never went up in the winter time.

The trouble is wouldn't you need authorization? If I had authorization I'd take pictures of the Timins buses. Besides it's a small city compared to Toronto.

Despite what the drivers may say you don't need authorization to take photos from public properity. There's technically nothing they can do legally.

Despite what the drivers may say you don't need authorization to take photos from public properity. There's technically nothing they can do legally.

they probably are camera shy. if a driver told me that i would tell him to call the police or his boss to tell me to stop taking pictures of public property from public property.

here is the official rule from the Timmins Transit Site. 27. No person shall operate for commercial purposes any camera, video recording device, movie camera, or any similar device upon any vehicle or premises of the Transit system without authorization.

Hope this helps.

here is the official rule from the Timmins Transit Site. 27. No person shall operate for commercial purposes any camera, video recording device, movie camera, or any similar device upon any vehicle or premises of the Transit system without authorization.

Hope this helps.

that rule only applies to companies such as MCTV, Channel 3 news, Moose FM, The Daily Press. Most people that post on here probably more than 99.9% do not work for the media. So hence none of our Camera's or Video cameras would be used for "commercial" purposes. this rule is probably there for insurance purposes so that media can't record on any property. and even if it was for the general public... then it doesn't state that you can't take a picture from Cedar Street of a bus sitting there as you are not on the bus or on the transit systems property which is public property as the cedar station is a pay public parking lot lol.

Hope this helps.

COMMERCIAL purposes you can't but they are doing it for personal purposes.