2012 Edmonton and Area Spottings

A. Wong

Does it REALLY make sense to tweet this?

CityofEdmonton

2012 senior annual passes will be on sale starting Mon. March 5 at ETS Customer Service Centre in Churchill LRT station #yegtransit

It's part of the 'It's All About Me' attitude. The City tooting its own horn because seriously, no one is going to toot it for them.

I doubt if any Seniors are on Twitter - and those that are, are probably on top of everything anyway. Then again- the twittering children and grandchildren reading this may offer a timely reminder to their grandparents.

Does it REALLY make sense to tweet this?

CityofEdmonton

2012 senior annual passes will be on sale starting Mon. March 5 at ETS Customer Service Centre in Churchill LRT station #yegtransit

2012-03-02 3:15 PM

It's part of the 'It's All About Me' attitude. The City tooting its own horn because seriously, no one is going to toot it for them.

I doubt if any Seniors are on Twitter - and those that are, are probably on top of everything anyway. Then again- the twittering children and grandchildren reading this may offer a timely reminder to their grandparents.

Wait you are unhappy that ETS used Twitter to reach seniors?

And you really believe that seniors aren't on Twitter? Or is that a joke?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the Sky Shuttle always picked up in the city. They had changed it recently from fixed routing to apponted pick ups to make it more efficient.

Wait you are unhappy that ETS used Twitter to reach seniors?

And you really believe that seniors aren't on Twitter? Or is that a joke?

I ddn't mean to give the impression of unhappiness. Having spent 4 years selling annual passes to seniors, I can say for a fact that a very small percentage of the seniors that purchase annual ETS passes are tech-saavy. There may be a few seniors on Twitter, and kudos to them. However, most (at the moment) are not. However, in the not too distant future, there will be more seniors on Twitter, as we all get older.

Since there is not much postings in edmonton, ill post here. I noticed today at Central that they have extended the loading area of the one side platform farther back past the one wall. exit only spot and very tight as well as a 5 car markers have gone up. ETS is preparing to setup for 5 car trains it looks like.

Since there is not much postings in edmonton, ill post here. I noticed today at Central that they have extended the loading area of the one side platform farther back past the one wall. exit only spot and very tight as well as a 5 car markers have gone up. ETS is preparing to setup for 5 car trains it looks like.

Jeeze, 5?! Haha thats insane!

http://www.metronews...es-off-april-29

Route 747... witty. :P

(Replacing C-Line, route 590)

Wait... replacing?! Unless they're making 590 Leduc/Nisku only, to improve travel times. Anywho, good news to get me from the hotel and WEM, to EIA without sprinting to Century Park from halfway across Edmonton! :)

My question is: would ETS run an hourly community shuttlebus service in Leduc to possibly feed 747 or 590? Is it possible?

• Board Admin

Actually, they updated the article, and it seems to indicate they will be running simultaneously so not replacing (yet).

C-Line will probably take a hit though, as they are contracting a 40' bus from ETS to make the trips into Nisku and Leduc...

Actually, they updated the article, and it seems to indicate they will be running simultaneously so not replacing (yet).

C-Line will probably take a hit though, as they are contracting a 40' bus from ETS to make the trips into Nisku and Leduc...

In Winnipeg, routes 67 and 79 cover the same area. During rush hour, 67 runs from Downtown Winnipeg to Charleswood via Polo Park. Mid-day, evenings and weekends, the 79 runs from Polo Park to Charleswood.

Maybe they could run 747 from roughly... 9-3pm and 7pm-12:30am, but run the 590 during peak period only. The fares would be the same, so trasferability wouldn't be an issue! Not only that, the 590 would maintain the same passenger count, and multiple buse's will not be needed, especially since the only way the 590 heads out of EIA, is back north to Century Park LRT.

Yes, once the NAIT line is running there will be 5-car consists on the main line.

In the near term, however, I think this is to accommodate 4-car consists having to stop further back to allow the escalator replacement at Central, as is the case at Churchill now.