TTC Application Process

ericgu22

On 2017-07-04 at 3:47 PM, Mark97 said:

Congrats :) !! Make sure to always be on time that is key, as well as pay attention to the information the instructors give you. It's going to be an information overload the first two weeks or so but it will become much easier for sure!! If you have any questions feel free to ask !! 

Thank you!..can't wait and excited also!

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

as I said previously, you are basically one accident away from being fired (during probabtion).  You will have an extra layer of protection after you pass your probation.  I am saying go have an accident after passing probation.  The more you drive, the chance of getting into an accident is higher.  

How many paid hours usually in a week on average? 

18 minutes ago, BBDRIVER said:

But if you do drive all week is it come to 45-50 hours ?

Pieces of work are different $ values. There is a lot involved in how much your paid. Sundays pay more, and if the work your doing is farther away you are paid travel time. To get work that pays 50 will take A few years of seniority ( more if your at a senior division)  As a new operator you are bottom everyone else will pick work before you. It's not as cut and dry as 8 hours 5 days a week 

Hi 

Just got the call starting training on July 24, mode bus and Wilson division.

Thanks to everyone with the questions and answers the board was great during the whole process.

Timeline

August 20 2016 application submitted

December 6 2016 attaended information session

February 21 2017 attended interview

March 22 medical

May 24 documentation

July 24 training

2 hours ago, BBDRIVER said:

After 40 hours it 1.5 or double wage ?

You make the same rate no matter what work you do, so if you're at starting rate (26 something/hour) you'll make that rate for your first year on the job. The thing is as Mrsb2you pointed out, each piece of work comes with a certain 'crew value'(the amount of hours and minutes you are paid for a specific piece of work). The lowest paying pieces of work (specials) have a crew value of 8h flat. Regular small crews pay 8h15min whereas some larger crews can pay between 9 and 12h. If you're on spareboard and end up being on report some days, the days you get sent home after no work becomes available, you'll be paid for 8h. Needles to say, you'll always be paid for a minimum of 40h each week, but more often, you'll be paid for more than that.

You could pick work that pays you 11 hours each day. You'd only get paid OT if you do work in addition to that.

1 hour ago, TTCOpITM said:

You make the same rate no matter what work you do, so if you're at starting rate (26 something/hour) you'll make that rate for your first year on the job. The thing is as Mrsb2you pointed out, each piece of work comes with a certain 'crew value'(the amount of hours and minutes you are paid for a specific piece of work). The lowest paying pieces of work (specials) have a crew value of 8h flat. Regular small crews pay 8h15min whereas some larger crews can pay between 9 and 12h. If you're on spareboard and end up being on report some days, the days you get sent home after no work becomes available, you'll be paid for 8h. Needles to say, you'll always be paid for a minimum of 40h each week, but more often, you'll be paid for more than that.

You could pick work that pays you 11 hours each day. You'd only get paid OT if you do work in addition to that.

Thanks for explanation...and what about your lunch ? If you are on a regular straight shift (not split ) when and how long is the lunch ?

3 hours ago, BBDRIVER said:

Thanks for explanation...and what about your lunch ? If you are on a regular straight shift (not split ) when and how long is the lunch ?

There is no lunch you eat when you can and not while driving . 

Where are you in the application process? 

16 minutes ago, Mrsb2you said:

There is no lunch you eat when you can and not while driving . 

Where are you in the application process? 

Just submitted online

When you are on a split shift can you work somewhere else while you are on break between shifts? Uber for example? 

10 minutes ago, BBDRIVER said:

Just submitted online

When you are on a split shift can you work somewhere else while you are on break between shifts? Uber for example? 

No side/part-time jobs without prior approval.  Also any side driving jobs count towards your maximum allowable hours driving.

Hello All,

I just had my interview this past Tuesday. Tons of behavioural questions, about 16 including job shadow. At the end of the interview, my interviewer said she will make an assessment including my job shadow then let me know later in 30 days about the result. She also asked my permission to contact my references as well as do the police report. 

Is that a good sign that I move on to the next stage or standard procedure after the interview? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Libra said:

Hello All,

I just had my interview this past Tuesday. Tons of behavioural questions, about 16 including job shadow. At the end of the interview, my interviewer said she will make an assessment including my job shadow then let me know later in 30 days about the result. She also asked my permission to contact my references as well as do the police report. 

Is that a good sign that I move on to the next stage or standard procedure after the interview? 

I think it is standard procedure. They have more than one recruiter all doing interviews at the same time. I was told that the third party company that does the reference calls gets those done while more interviews are being done so that the reference checks are completed when the interviews are all done and they decide which people to advance to the next round.

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I am a new member here. I am a mail man in Canada Post. I am interested about ttc driver job. I appliedon mid of August last year. I haven't heard anything yet. What could be the reasons. Should I apply again? They say that we don't need to apply twice in one year. Any suggestion appreciated.