TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Congrats hamster91, which division?

Congrats too. I'm wondering if you got Eglinton, but seems like everyone here goes to either Arrow or Wilson.

Thanks a lot TTCOpITM & Dayone. I am at Birchmount! I like 70 - 91 - 92 - 23 - 113 at end all routes should be good if I pass training successfully :P

Thanks a lot TTCOpITM & Dayone. I am at Birchmount! I like 70 - 91 - 92 - 23 - 113 at end all routes should be good if I pass training successfully :P

Good that you're going to Birchmount which is not too far from your home, right? And if you like Tim Hortons it's right across the division!

Best of luck in training using the Orion 7 buses :)

Apparently training is under a freeze so anyone expecting calls anytime soon should relax and sit tight. If you have passed the info session, only bad news is bad news. No news is good news. Give it time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. It'll take a couple months the most. If you have any run ins with the police, if they have your fingerprints on file, they'll send you a letter back with what they have. Once you receive it, if it's charges you haven't been convicted of, you will submit a request for them to destroy your records and fingerprints. Once they approve your request and notify you of the completion of the task, they'll send you your clearance and you're hired.

Just a little snag. You'll be fine.

Thank you so much for that! It's been 3 months to the day since my fingerprints were taken. I was arrested in 2011 but the charge was withdrawn. I guess I have a few extra steps but as long as I'm still in the running I feel good. I can't thank you enough for putting me a bit more at ease.

Thank you!!☺

Apparently training is under a freeze so anyone expecting calls anytime soon should relax and sit tight. If you have passed the info session, only bad news is bad news. No news is good news. Give it time.

I had the same problem. It'll take a couple months the most. If you have any run ins with the police, if they have your fingerprints on file, they'll send you a letter back with what they have. Once you receive it, if it's charges you haven't been convicted of, you will submit a request for them to destroy your records and fingerprints. Once they approve your request and notify you of the completion of the task, they'll send you your clearance and you're hired.

Just a little snag. You'll be fine.

Thank you so much for that! It's been 3 months to the day since my fingerprints were taken. I was arrested in 2011 but the charge was withdrawn. I guess I have a few extra steps but as long as I'm still in the running I feel good. I can't thank you enough for putting me a bit more at ease.

Thank you!!☺

Thank you!!☺

Thank you!!☺

Did you advise your recruiter this in your interview?

Did you advise your recruiter this in your interview?

Advise whom of what? His only concern is to answer truthfully to the pre-employment screening question asking "Have you ever been convicted of a crime for which a pardon has not been granted?". That's as far as TTC's HR concern goes - also for privacy and human rights reasons.

He got arrested for assault then his charges withdrawn because it was his first time and he's a good guy. So what? :)

Advise whom of what? His only concern is to answer truthfully to the pre-employment screening question asking "Have you ever been convicted of a crime for which a pardon has not been granted?". That's as far as TTC's HR concern goes - also for privacy and human rights reasons.

He got arrested for assault then his charges withdrawn because it was his first time and he's a good guy. So what? :)

Whoa! Let's all have a coffee this am shall we!

There was another applicant with the same situation if you scroll back - withdrawn doesn't mean not on your records most instances you need to ask for the Occurance to be removed. this is a forum to ask questions and solicit answers and opinions - with that said have a great day!

Whoa! Let's all have a coffee this am shall we!

There was another applicant with the same situation if you scroll back - withdrawn doesn't mean not on your records most instances you need to ask for the Occurance to be removed. this is a forum to ask questions and solicit answers and opinions - with that said have a great day!

Mrsb2you that's exactly what I told crankyfranky. I've been through the process myself so I thought I'd share.

You and I both know very well how nerve wrecking the whole interview process is to start with. I've felt it first hand how much more stress having issues with the police clearance adds so I felt reassuring a new brother was the right thing to do. After all the purpose of this forum is to provide support, right?

Coffee is really good btw [emoji57]

Mrsb2you that's exactly what I told crankyfranky. I've been through the process myself so I thought I'd share.

You and I both know very well how nerve wrecking the whole interview process is to start with. I've felt it first hand how much more stress having issues with the police clearance adds so I felt reassuring a new brother was the right thing to do. After all the purpose of this forum is to provide support, right?

Coffee is really good btw [emoji57]

Hey guys. The only thing I was asked during the interview was about convictions, which don exist. I didn't offer any other information to the recruiters. I honestly didn't feel it would be an issue because since 2011, I've acquired a Security Guard licence, which I believe included a vulnerable sector check (could be mistaken) and that process was much faster through OPP.

Hey guys. The only thing I was asked during the interview was about convictions, which don exist. I didn't offer any other information to the recruiters. I honestly didn't feel it would be an issue because since 2011, I've acquired a Security Guard licence, which I believe included a vulnerable sector check (could be mistaken) and that process was much faster through OPP.

I wouldn't stress over it! I just asked if you takes to the recruiter about it that's all.... It's a long wait I know I've been there hopefully it's more on the sooner then later side :)

Random question!! Are there any gym membership perks??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yeah goodlife.. but I don't know any specifics (Goodlife just makes it's membership prices up anyway so it can be anything).. my sister used to work there.

You're better off at Fit For Less .. if you're at Wilson or Queensway at least. There is one nearby both of those divisions.

You can go to fit for less with the good life membership... It's like 400 a year approx for towel service and to go to any club.... Not a huge secret that same deal is offered to almost every company I've worked for, nothing special. Fit for less is much cheaper but you can't use that one at good life.

Hello, was just at the info session on February 23rd.

Wondering, how long the interview is and what they ask.

Also, when you give them references, what kind of questions do they ask the references?

Thanks,

They said at the info session what will be asked and in what format. The interview length depends and no-one is gonna give you the exact questions. Lol. The references u provide will be called .. also was talked about in the info session

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

They most likely will ask your references what kind of worker you are or were.. punctuality? Work ethic? Customer service abilities etc.

Also if you wear deodorant or did at your previous position.. as it is important transit operators smell fresh..

I wouldn't stress over it! I just asked if you takes to the recruiter about it that's all.... It's a long wait I know I've been there hopefully it's more on the sooner then later side :)

Thank you. It's tough not to stress but at the end of the day it's not in my control so stressing really does absolutely nothing. Thanks again ☺

Thank you. It's tough not to stress but at the end of the day it's not in my control so stressing really does absolutely nothing. Thanks again ☺

It is extremely tough but stay positive and it'll happen. I have my days where I worry whether I don't get it or i will but I think everyday that I will. They just take forever and calling them for a follow-up on your interview after they've called your references is a complete waste of time. They wont tell you. They'll just tell you to wait it out.