TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Amazing !!!! And what do you think about training? Do we still do air brake endorsement test ?

Amazing !!!! And what do you think about training? Do we still do air brake endorsement test ?

No.

I'm sure the switch isn't too difficult, it has to be visible for night time and severe weather conditions... I am speculating now but I would think so.

Wait till it snows or leaves get on the rails, very difficult to stop or see the switches. Alot of junior operators transfer out to other modes after two years when they are eligible, but I suppose with the new street cars it should become much easier.

So if you do training for streetcar and after two years you apply for bus and do the training;

1) Do you get paid for training at regular starting wage or your last full rate as a bus driver?

2) If you fail training on Bus, do you automatically lose your job or can you go back to Streetcar?

On question #1, I believe after 2 years you are at full wage ($34/hour), and your starting wage is $24/hour BUT your training is $17/hour, so it'd be good to know what they would do in this situation....

So if you do training for streetcar and after two years you apply for bus and do the training;

1) Do you get paid for training at regular starting wage or your last full rate as a bus driver?

2) If you fail training on Bus, do you automatically lose your job or can you go back to Streetcar?

On question #1, I believe after 2 years you are at full wage ($34/hour), and your starting wage is $24/hour BUT your training is $17/hour, so it'd be good to know what they would do in this situation....

2) you go back to the mode you are assigned to.

I believe full rate is currently around $31.

1) From talking with the ops I know, you get full rate. The training rate is a one-time thing. I'm not sure if you only get the 30 hours or the full 40... I believe it's the latter but don't quote me on that.

Regular Operator training of any sort is paid at the operator's current rate. All full day training is 8 hours pay.

It's already been confirmed that if you are new than you get paid for full rate, work 8 hours and get paid for 6. Unless you are referring to an already existing operator training for another position (ex; streecar or bus)

uniform4.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

"Transit officials, who have been working closely with the TTC’s union, won’t provide details on the new colours and cut, saying the look hasn’t been finalized."

Mine are already ordered so I am pretty sure they are already finalized. Uniform orders for 2014 new uniforms have to be in this month by the 25th.

This uniform looks good.

Are you kidding? Even McDonalds has better uniforms. Wasn't anything wrong with the current ones, all they needed to change was the parka and windbreaker colors from oxblood to a dark blue to match the blazer. I especially like the new badge strategically placed on the right arm so people can better note your #. They don't even have to ask you for it anymore, oh wait, maybe that was the idea.

I think he was trying to ask how to approach a supervisor if there has been any changes to your drivers license (abstract)

Head on, straight up. Be honest and own up. If you're anything else they'll usually find out sooner than later anyway Then you've really got some splainin' to do.