Victoria Regional Transit System

On 8/6/2023 at 8:45 PM, Dane said:

I did manage to get it, and would agree with that assessment entirely. It really "feels" low quality overall, but that's entirely subjective as I have no actual knowledge of vehicle quality. 

Here's a taster of build quality: They form irreparable cracks in the chassis.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For when V2 Nextride Hits Victoria, I have a few Questions for Deckers and 9434

1. Will Tridents go the cheap route and use the Small display like Vicinities and Shuttles on both floors, or top floor only or will they get both floors screen?

2. How will 04 and 20-21 enviros work with replacing NR 1 display with V2 screens?

3. Will 08 Enviros use the top floor back unused dummy screen for NR Uses? (9529-9531 does not have the top floor dummy screen)

4. Will 9434 use the screen for NR V2?

image.thumb.png.d3393fb52a6bb869a77c1281f8e0c5ab.pngimage.thumb.png.bba960160069355f85ca8ba5ade8f2cb.png

• Like 1

The long-standing Santa Bus tradition in Victoria is being cancelled this year, due to a lack of equipment. BC Transit is concerned that "removing" a bus from regular service may cause disruptions to scheduled service, plus a shortage of maintenance staff means decorating the Santa Bus would impact their regular duties.

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/no-bus-available-to-be-santa-bus-this-year-says-bc-transit-7908427

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Articulated said:

The long-standing Santa Bus tradition in Victoria is being cancelled this year, due to a lack of equipment. BC Transit is concerned that "removing" a bus from regular service may cause disruptions to scheduled service, plus a shortage of maintenance staff means decorating the Santa Bus would impact their regular duties.

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/no-bus-available-to-be-santa-bus-this-year-says-bc-transit-7908427

But Kamloops has this "stuff the bus" going on.... 🧐🧐🧐

On 12/3/2023 at 12:11 AM, Busmanic92 said:

But Kamloops has this "stuff the bus" going on.... 🧐🧐🧐

Stuff-the-bus is typically a one-day event which doesn't require any decorating. Victoria is doing that too.

In previous years the Santa-Bus (9106 or 9434) would be removed from service for an entire month as it could not operate with all the lights and stuff on it. Unlike TransLink's 'reindeer buses' which can.

2 hours ago, SidneyTransitfan said:

Stuff-the-bus is typically a one-day event which doesn't require any decorating. Victoria is doing that too.

In previous years the Santa-Bus (9106 or 9434) would be removed from service for an entire month as it could not operate with all the lights and stuff on it. Unlike TransLink's 'reindeer buses' which can.

I saw Kamloops 1154, which is the santa bus doing driver training

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2023 at 9:41 PM, XN40G said:

For when V2 Nextride Hits Victoria, I have a few Questions for Deckers and 9434

1. Will Tridents go the cheap route and use the Small display like Vicinities and Shuttles on both floors, or top floor only or will they get both floors screen?

2. How will 04 and 20-21 enviros work with replacing NR 1 display with V2 screens?

3. Will 08 Enviros use the top floor back unused dummy screen for NR Uses? (9529-9531 does not have the top floor dummy screen)

4. Will 9434 use the screen for NR V2?

image.thumb.png.d3393fb52a6bb869a77c1281f8e0c5ab.pngimage.thumb.png.bba960160069355f85ca8ba5ade8f2cb.png

ImageImageImage

No one talked about it yet, but 9514 has v2 equipment installed, 1 Screen downstairs, 1 screen upstairs, and 1 Shuttle/Midi Bus next stop display on the upper front, took out the aftermarket stop light, screens are badly cropped, needs updating soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2024 at 5:19 AM, Articulated said:

BC Transit has purchased a proprrty for the future Uptown Exchange at 3657 Harriet Road:

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/province-buys-harriet-road-property-for-uptown-douglas-transit-exchange-8418457

While it's kind of good I unfortunately am not super happy about this. Part of the property will be used for TOD - something that I am super into, but not here. We need to stop forcing people to live next to the disgusting noise/pollution sources that are highways. In terms of the exchange, I'm very curious about how routings will change. 

For posterity, just leaving a note here: 13 Ten Mile Point has been discontinued on Saturdays and now follows the route of the 11, and is likely going to be cut altogether in September.

Nani?  Are the TransBus's all retired?  They were all gone on BCTracker

Furthermore, does anyone know anywhere on Earth I could find another in service TransBus?  Thank you