WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

7 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

We’re down to like 25 DE40LFs. No status update on 6002-6003, 6009, and 6014. 6010, 6012 (i think), and 6013 are at Montgomery as a reserve fleet. 6004, 6011, 6031, 6035 are confirmed retired. 6030, 6034, and 6039 are also retired but they are still at Montgomery still in operating condition. 

And most of the D40LFRs are retired too right?

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

And most of the D40LFRs are retired too right?

pretty much except 6105-6135. All are reserves except a few that got their numbers scratched off already (6159 and 6213)

Also, I'm hearing Montgomery are slanted to receive 6413-6423 and 6473-6530 during the June 6 changes. In exchange, 7348-7378 will be moved from Montgomery and will be split among Landover and Southern Avenue I'm hearing. All DE40LFs from Montgomery and Landover will most likely be retired by that time and possibly the DE40LFRs too. I'm also guessing 6105-6135 will be retired during June 6 too. Nothing else I know as of yet but we'll see on June 7.

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

pretty much except 6105-6135. All are reserves except a few that got their numbers scratched off already (6159 and 6213)

Also, I'm hearing Montgomery are slanted to receive 6413-6423 and 6473-6530 during the June 6 changes. In exchange, 7348-7378 will be moved from Montgomery and will be split among Landover and Southern Avenue I'm hearing. All DE40LFs from Montgomery and Landover will most likely be retired by that time and possibly the DE40LFRs too. I'm also guessing 6105-6135 will be retired during June 6 too. Nothing else I know as of yet but we'll see on June 7.

The new #4500s and new #5500s will likely play a role in that too. Better catch the last D40LFRs while I still can...

10 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Yeah more 4500s might appear that day. Just like what happened with the 5500s

Apparently, Fairfax Connector is getting 4 new electric buses in the very near future based on a Virginia clean energy grant.

8 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Apparently, Fairfax Connector is getting 4 new electric buses in the very near future based on a Virginia clean energy grant.

Ride On will be getting 44 buses for its silver spring garage

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MDMONTGOMERY/bulletins/2d8ea2a?fbclid=IwAR1fcPAlETKvd2kh3CQV-I5qKGnctx5JZeh43Tz8Xfi7ELPoUsUk5GN66HI

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Damn, that's quite a big leap for Ride-On. They went from having 4, to damn near 50 electrics. Putting NY MTA to shame, lol. Those Proterra's they got recently must be doing really well.

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

They went from having 4, to damn near 50 electrics. Putting NY MTA to shame, lol. Those Proterra's they got recently must be doing really well.

Ride On's Silver Spring division is an especially good fit for electric buses.

The routes are short, low-speed and, generally, have good space for layovers at both ends of the route -- whether a Metro station or Takoma Langley Crossroads.

These are ideal conditions for electric buses. From here, all involved should gain a better feel for scaling up electric buses to other environments.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Damn, that's quite a big leap for Ride-On. They went from having 4, to damn near 50 electrics. Putting NY MTA to shame, lol. Those Proterra's they got recently must be doing really well.

1 hour ago, Border City Transit said:

Ride On's Silver Spring division is an especially good fit for electric buses.

The routes are short, low-speed and, generally, have good space for layovers at both ends of the route -- whether a Metro station or Takoma Langley Crossroads.

These are ideal conditions for electric buses. From here, all involved should gain a better feel for scaling up electric buses to other environments.

It won’t be for a while and they’ll probably come in batches since they would need to build the charging stations. And it might not even be 44 buses yet just a bit at a time while they shift away from Diesel to Electric as Montgomery County wants to net zero carbon emissions by 2035, reducing lifetime emissions by over 155,000 tons, while delivering resilience to climate events and power outages. So it will take a while for it to be converted. 

also while on topic of electric buses, here's 3002E operating on Route 1 at Friendship Heights this morning taken by my mommy. Havent once seen these Proterras anywhere not in silver spring or Takoma tbh.

51692031-0D6F-4E7A-A886-EE15FF2EFEC0.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Is 2915 retired?  I’m guessing it was in an accident when FMR had it new.

32 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

It might be, we are not sure. #7255 could also be done. These buses have been gone for years.

I think those are gone but again not sure. Nobody actually knows the status of those buses but 2915 been out of service since 2017 and 7255 is possibly done since it hasn’t been repaired yet and it doesn’t look like it’ll be repaired during rehab

16 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I think those are gone but again not sure. Nobody actually knows the status of those buses but 2915 been out of service since 2017 and 7255 is possibly done since it hasn’t been repaired yet and it doesn’t look like it’ll be repaired during rehab

Guess #7255 will join #7100 in the scrap yard.

#2915 was assigned to FMR back then right? I would want was the nature of the wreck and on what route?

On 5/15/2021 at 12:04 PM, Chris.A said:

Guess #7255 will join #7100 in the scrap yard.

#2915 was assigned to FMR back then right? I would want was the nature of the wreck and on what route?

yeah it was but nobody knows what happened to it. 7255 isn't officially retired from our Montgomery friend he just said unofficially dead. If its skipped during rehab its basically a goner

13 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

yeah it was but nobody knows what happened to it. 7255 isn't officially retired from our Montgomery friend he just said unofficially dead. If its skipped during rehab its basically a goner

WMATA really takes a long time to repair accident/fire damaged buses I've noticed.

• Like 1

Also, the Alexandra Transit Plan is supposed to take affect in September 2021 with the 7A operating along the 25B routing between Southern Towers and Van Dorn, 25B cutting back to Southern Towers, and the 28A having modifications on its route. At the same time, routes 7F, 7Y, 30N/30S, and 63 will be eliminated beginning in September 2021. 

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/4A-Service-Update.pdf

9 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Also, the Alexandra Transit Plan is supposed to take affect in September 2021 with the 7A operating along the 25B routing between Southern Towers and Van Dorn, 25B cutting back to Southern Towers, and the 28A having modifications on its route. At the same time, routes 7F, 7Y, 30N/30S, and 63 will be eliminated beginning in September 2021. 

https://www.wmata.com/about/board/meetings/board-pdfs/upload/4A-Service-Update.pdf

Why can the 7Y? I can't wrap my head around that one...