Nuit Blanche 2010

SMS

really .. seems a bit excessive to me.

Well, at least you guys have FULL all night service METRO-WIDE, unlike we unlucky saps in TO with partial extended service till 4am within the central part of the city (B-D Keele to Woodbine; Y-U-S St. Clair w to Eglinton-still a step up from '08 when service was BD Christie/Broadview and YUS St. George/Eglinton) with service ev. 12-15 min. and at the height of the festivites (approx 2-4am) it was rammed! :)

Who knows, if I have nothing else better to do, I may come up there to check it out! EELLLLLAAAAAA!!! :D

packed? - maybe there were alot of people but 'packed' is when you have to squeeze yourself in. i doubt they were 'packed'.

You'd have to ask SMS about this one, since he has some great stories while riding the metro when it was SRO (standing room only) during certain hours in the middle of the night.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a Press Release from the STM which hints that all the special shuttles will be LFS.

MONTRÉAL, le 22 févr. /CNW Telbec/ - La Société de transport de Montréal (STM), à nouveau partenaire de la Nuit blanche du Festival MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE laquelle se tiendra dans la nuit du 27 au 28 février prochains, est heureuse d'annoncer à sa clientèle du Transport adapté (TA) qu'elle offrira, à cette occasion, un service spécial de nuit.

Ce service spécial ne sera offert que pour les points de rencontre des divers circuits de la Nuit blanche.

Une fois arrivés à chacun de ces points, les clients pourront emprunter les navettes (bus réguliers avec rampes d'accès à l'avant) et ainsi, se déplacer d'un site d'activités à l'autre sur le circuit choisi. L'utilisation des bus réguliers exige que le client soit autonome ou accompagné.

Just got a Press Release from the STM which hints that all the special shuttles will be LFS.

They mentioned that buses will have front ramps. For sure 29-XXX 40' LFS will be used. I don't think they will use artics because they mentioned "regular buses".

It sounds as if they'll be using 3rd gens by the sound of it, with ramps in the front.

It's kind of an oxymoron they use when they say "regular bus with front ramps". Those are far from regular.

I just hope they don't make this same decision when it comes to the Football shuttle or LaRonde shuttle. But then again, it would not be in their best interest to limit the capacity in those high pressure runs, the nuit-blanche should be a more relaxed event, and there is no pressure to deliver a certain amount of passengers in a given amount of time, so I probably can see where they're coming from if they decide to show off their 29's or 30's at this event.

I can't speak for frontenac, but the Alouettes shuttle is Lasalle classics till the end. They won't be running trash buses on that shuttle..

That is good to know. The way they have it now is very reliable and quick. And If it takes 30 Classics back to back to provide this service efficiently, they'll need to line up just as many artics back to back and even then service would run half as fast.

I was on the Orange line from Champ de Mars to Cote-Vertu. Started at 3:30 AM and arrived at Cote-Vertu at 4:10 AM. The car was SRO worse than a weekday afternoon at 17:05. We spent at least a minute at each station and the system went totally down at least twice, at Lucien L'Allier and at Snowdon.

Alex

SD 29s were used on the Plateau shuttle, the two downtowners were LaSalle. No idea what was running around the Olympic Park.

Star sighting: running into Steve Faguy, the brains behind the popular Montreal blog Fagstein on board one of the shuttles.