Edmonton LRT Roster

A. Wong

Aren't those beacons amber though?

I seem to recall seeing a green one in use... somewhere at some point. Might not have even been in Edmonton though!

On another note... Kept an eye out for pantographs... still only the 3 that I reported earlier in this thread as having the different type of pantograph as far as I can tell. Again, those were done upwards of 6-7 years ago or more now, so it doesn't seem to be any fleet wide ETS is undertaking.

I should add to that... if there's a slow order, which I believe there is as you enter

66 St tunnel NB, there'll be a maximum speed sign for that. Then when you can

resume speed, there'll be either a green flashing light in tunnel sections, or a green

triangular sign on surface sections, to resume speed at that point.

Or, in easier terms... a green flashing light means resume speed, all the time :)

I should add to that... if there's a slow order, which I believe there is as you enter

66 St tunnel NB, there'll be a maximum speed sign for that. Then when you can

resume speed, there'll be either a green flashing light in tunnel sections, or a green

triangular sign on surface sections, to resume speed at that point.

Or, in easier terms... a green flashing light means resume speed, all the time :)

"Go Dogs, Go, the light is green now...." VVVRRROOOMMM....

• Board Admin

1030 has a HID now.

My train (car 1011) was announcing the approaching "Next Stop" through the speakers above the door and everything else (extremely loudly) through the speakers by the artic joint. It missed Churchill and Grandin's approaching "Next Stop" announcements too.

just for info, from ETS' website:

LRT Service Disrupted on Sunday

Customers will experience delays of up to 10 minutes when traveling on the LRT on Sunday, February 25 between 7 a.m and 7 p.m. Trains will be running on a single track from 92 Street to Corona Station while ETS does maintenance on the track.

just for info, from ETS' website:

LRT Service Disrupted on Sunday

Customers will experience delays of up to 10 minutes when traveling on the LRT on Sunday, February 25 between 7 a.m and 7 p.m. Trains will be running on a single track from 92 Street to Corona Station while ETS does maintenance on the track.

This always happens my first Sunday back to work from my February vacation. :)

• Board Admin

I think it's pretty safe to say that all of the cars seem to have the HIDs now.

I've seen the missing ones with HIDs now. (1003, 1005, 1013, 1016, 1030, 1035, and 1037)

I think 1030's LED taillights stay lit up (though not full brightness) when in the middle of a consist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

At the DL Tour, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they said that our new LRVs should be on the assembly line in November. That is probably just the frame, so could be a while after that until we get them.

• Board Admin

I can now say that the HIDs are really an asset to the LRV fleet. I rode car 1020 tonight from University to Clareview, and on the surface portion the motorman used the HID.

What a difference! He turned it on just as he was leaving the station, and turned it off before entering. The light throws a nice beam of light at least 50 feet in front of the car. From the "1" car markers on the tracks, it lights up to the end of Coliseum and Belvedere stations.

When he turned the HID off, the regular headlights were really useless!

In other news, the PSOs came to Clareview in a Peace Officer vehicle (parked with no lights on at Clareview West) to apprehend some people, and as I was leaving, I saw some blinking red and blue LED lights from Clareview East.

• 3 weeks later...