Sound Transit Sounder South
Sound South is a commuter rail line that runs from Downtown Seattle to Lakewood. It has 8 stations and is 48 miles long.
This line travels between King Street Station and Lakewood Station. Platforms along this line are currently long enough to hold trains 7 cars long. There is a plan to extend south line platforms to accommodate trains up to ten cars in length.
Sound Transit is looking into extending the line further south to DuPont with an intermediate stop at Tillicum. This extension is planned to open in 2036.
- King Street Station Connection to Sounder North and Central Link
- Tukwila Station
- Kent Station
- Auburn Station
- Sumner Station
- Puyallup Station
- Tacoma Dome Station Connection to Tacoma Link
- South Tacoma Station
- Lakewood Station
- September 2000 - Service starts on Sounder South, starting in Tacoma with stops in Sumner and Auburn, terminating in Seattle.
- February 2001 - Puyallup and Kent Stations open.
- March 2001 - Tukwila Station opens.
- October 2012 - South Tacoma and Lakewood Stations open.