Sound Transit route 593 'South Tacoma / Seattle'
This north-south express bus route runs between South Tacoma and Seattle via Tacoma. This is a peak hour direction only route with seven trips operating on weekdays. In conjunction with routes 590 and 594, five to ten minute service is available between Tacoma Dome Station Zone B and Howell & 9th in Seattle for morning peak service and between Stewart & 9th and Tacoma Dome Station for afternoon peak service.
This is a temporary bus route which is expected to be cancelled in 2012 with the extension of Sounder commuter rail service to South Tacoma. Trips would be converted to route 590 running between Seattle and Tacoma Dome only.
- S Adams St at S 60th St/South Tacoma Station
- E "D" St at E 26th St
- Tacoma Dome Station (Bay B)
Northbound Seattle Stops are Drop Off Only
- SODO Busway at S Spokane St, S Lander St, and S Holgate St
- 4th Ave S at S Royal Brougham Way (May not be served following major events at Qwest and Safeco - Board at SODO Busway & S Royal Brougham
- 4th Ave S at S Jackson St and S Washington St
- 4th Ave at Cherry St, Seneca St and Union St
- Olive Way at 6th Ave
- Howell St at 9th Ave
- Stewart St at 9th Ave
- Lenora St at 4th Ave
- 2nd Ave at Stewart St, University St, Spring St and Cherry St
- 2nd Ave Extension S at S Washington St
- SODO Busway at S Royal Brougham Way, S Holgate St, S Lander St and S Spokane St
- Tacoma Dome Station (Zone E)
- S 26th St at E "D" St
- S Adams St at 60th St/South Tacoma Station
- Lost & Found, soundtransit.org, retrieved 13-11-2010
- 2011 Draft Service Implementation Plan, soundtransit.org, retrieved 06-11-2010