R.T.C. bus fire

Classic 9401

This morning at 06h25am, a 1995-1996 Novabus Classic from the RTC caught fire on Aut.40 West, near Blaise-Pascal avenue. The bus burned less than 10 minutes so the damage should not be that big. It was a unit that was still in STCUQ livery, so it wasn't rebuilt yet.

I'm assuming that the fire was not that intense, since there was only white smoke, and 10 minutes after the arrival of the people from the fire department, the fire was already gone. At 06h45am, the intervention was already over.

Here a list of the possible buses that could have been involved in that fire:

9502, 9503, 9520, 9523, 9525, 9526, 9528, 9530, 9532, 9534, 9538, 9539, 9546 to 9551.

So i'll try to get more informations about this, as well as the fleet number of the bus, before tomorrow morning.

This morning at 06h25am, a 1995-1996 Novabus Classic from the RTC caught fire on Aut.40 West, near Blaise-Pascal avenue. It was a unit that was still in STCUQ livery, so it wasn't rebuilt yet.

I assuming that the fire was not that intense, since there was only white smoke, and 10 minutes after the arrival of the people from the fire department, the fire was already gone. At 06h45am, the intervention was already over.

Here a list of the possible buses that could have been involved in that fire:

9502, 9503, 9520, 9523, 9525, 9526, 9528, 9530, 9532, 9534, 9538, 9539, 9546 to 9551.

So i'll try to get more informations about this, as well as the fleet number of the bus, before tomorrow morning.

you sure it was smoke or steam?

From the description of the topic, may I ask what "Once again" means? What other bus caught fire?

I think that it's a common occurrence that there have been fires in this bus model and year. Just as we have had several fires with our 1997 LFSes.

Cummins & Classics don't mix! Detroit Diesel 4 Life! :)

It looks like it was just fluid that fell on the hot engine which caused all that steam. If it had black in it, then it would have been an engine fire.

That's a question that I was also asking me.

From the description of the topic, may I ask what "Once again" means? What other bus caught fire?

#9509 caught fire in late 2007 and it was retired. #9541 also caught fire back in 2003-2004 but it was rebuilt and Repainted in RTC livery.

I think that it's a common occurrence that there have been fires in this bus model and year. Just as we have had several fires with our 1997 LFSes.

Cummins & Classics don't mix! Detroit Diesel 4 Life! :)

Yes, same thing happened to STTR #9606 (the last Classic from the STTR), earlier in April 2009.

On this site

http://www.zone911.com/index.php?option=co...01&Itemid=1

We can see the evolution of the things, this morning;

06h27am(smoke/steam is taking more and more expansion), 06h30am(The people from the Fire Department broke the engine panel to make a ventilation, so that's why there is a lot of steam/smoke), 06h33am(the things are getting controled really well), 06h42am(We can see that everything is over, since at least 3-4 minutes).

Finally the tow truck for the bus arrived between 07h00am and 07h05am, and they leaved with the bus at 07h20am.

So I did what I said yesterday, I looked for the bus involved in that.

The bus that got involved in this event is apparently...#L9548.

I saw the back of the bus that got involved in the event, yesterday afternoon (after my first post); there are not that much damage on the top part of the bus, but the damage are more on the bottom part of the bus. There is no several damage, like the bottom part that is all black due to the fire.

I heard that the bus would be getting a complete rebuilt. It's no big deal if there are damage on the bus since it was going to be rebuilt in the next 2 years anyway. So normally we should see #L9548 in the RTC paint scheme in the next few months.

Cummins & Classics don't mix! Detroit Diesel 4 Life! :lol:

Oh okay.

I agree, Detroit Diesel 4 life. Even Classics with a S50 don't sound so bad! They don't sound right, but at the same time, they don't sound bad.