STM 11-XXX & 12-XXX Watch

stm_5307N

MCI Watch

08 / 06 / 09

Get a load of this, gentlemen.

• LE 12-020 on the WB 29 at Metro Joilette at 10:45 this morning. That's a huge extra violation right there. Regardless, I got on and had me a very nice ride all the way to the Hotel Dieu Hospital. The driver was cool as well. Before we left the Metro, he was joking around with some kids from a daycare / camp. When the got off at La Fontaine Park, he held the rear door open for the kids and got out to make sure that the had all gotten off safely. That's some great professionalism right there :D. I also looked at the builder's sticker, and it said that 12-020 was built in February of '92, and its VIN is 2AUYT82J0N3000119. That's for all of you who like getting VINs from buses ;).
    Oh yeah, and 12-020 looks and sounds great :P!

Thursday August 6, 2009

STM

11-076 With Destination Sign Turned Off (Broken?)

12-009 On Route 121 at around 20:45!

I hopped a ride on 12-009 today, around 6:00pm on the 121 at the terminus that meets up with the 467. Sadly I didn't see any artics today, but I do have some stories to tell about that later. I met a really great driver who has been working for the STM for 3 years now and is impressed with my photo collection that I showed him, he has plans now to visit my site as well as check out the other drivers chatting from various garages at the mdem forum. (wrote down the web links on his route schedule sheet). As for the bus, it ran really great, and it looks great as well inside and out.

Unfortunately out of all the Classics I saw this afternoon, I only saw this one MCI... Pretty sad, I was expecting to see 12's up in the northend, but I was wrong...

Also a note about 11-063. It doesn't look too good. It's parked on the Bellechasse side of the SD garage, no more air laying flat on the ground, someone threw one of those new "mouvement collectif" ads and covered the front window with it (couldn't see if the farebox was there or not because of that), and someone swiped the MCI logo off the front of it!!!

Unfortunately out of all the Classics I saw this afternoon, I only saw this one MCI... Pretty sad, I was expecting to see 12's up in the northend, but I was wrong...

Somedays you see lots of MCIs other days not a single one! A couple days ago I saw 11-088, 12-011, 12-009 all in a span of a couple minutes outside of C-V so you do have to get lucky!

Somedays you see lots of MCIs other days not a single one! A couple days ago I saw 11-088, 12-011, 12-009 all in a span of a couple minutes outside of C-V so you do have to get lucky!

I was hoping to see something good while riding up and down the 121 today, but I did see 12-009 and the driver was a really big Classic fan, and we made fun of the Anjou lot filling up with 1st gens.

Also a note about 11-063. It doesn't look too good. It's parked on the Bellechasse side of the SD garage, no more air laying flat on the ground, someone threw one of those new "mouvement collectif" ads and covered the front window with it (couldn't see if the farebox was there or not because of that), and someone swiped the MCI logo off the front of it!!!

It's been sitting in the repair line for over a month just about. I'm not sure that is gone just yet.

I hope 11-063 pulls through! If it doesn't, then we're down to just one Balios disc-equipped 11 (11-032).

And now, here is some happier MCI news.

--

MCI Watch

08 / 07 / 09

• 11-035 was my ride on the EB 104 to Metro Vendome this morning at 8:33. Great ride, of course :)!
  • My 11 riding continued with old favorite 11-087 on the NB 55 at Metro Place d'Armes at 9:14. That's two 11s in a row :D! Also saw it several times during the day, so it must have been on the line all day. I think 11-087 might be the best-looking 11 out if the 15 we have left. There is no rust on it at all, and it runs like a dream. It was repainted last year, and still looks like new. Overall, a very well-maintained bus. This one will be around for a long time; I am very sure of it. Oddly enough, today is 08 / 07, and it's also NHL superstar Sidney Crosby's birthday today. He wears number 87. Very strange coinsidence that this bus was out today, I'd say.
  • AN 12-029 on the NB 14 at Palais de Justice at 12:45. Second day in a row where I've spotted a random 12 involved in a massive extra violation. Nice to see this one again, regardless.

All of the above look and sound amazing :(!

Thanks to mark callin me at some mad crazy hour of the morning ...aka 11:59am i was able to find 11-087 on the 55, at the 1630 departure at the first Northbound stop. Asked driver for photo permissions, and the result is the folowing:

Interior!

11-087_In.jpg

Front right:

11-087_Fr.jpg

Rear Right:

11-087_Rr.jpg

Told him it was for the wiki. Guys wana use it?