Out of ordinary Calgary Transit bus spottings

1 hour ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I would guess there were not enough standby Operators from VP or AG to send that run out that morning when the run needed to be covered.

Different scenarios different days. It could be man power shortages but it could also be fleet shortages where anderson and potentially victoria park are unable to meet or are right up against the service commitment due to change offs and or breakdowns. Given it was before 5am that this bus was dispatched, likely due to manpower and knowing they had limited bodies available and more than enough time to cover it from another garage.

56 minutes ago, School Bus 101 said:

6015 on the Route 9 arriving at Dalhousie Station at about 3:20PM. 

I'll double check but if I am not mistaken, this is an extra trip that was added effective monday due to overloads at Churchill. The demand for this will be better seen after exam period.

I don't think its as much short shuttle drivers as it is surplus of conventional operators when the spare work is distributed. Case and point, they managed to get a shuttle operator from standby to come out of vic park and finish the last trip and a half of a route 14 block on Sunday night. If they have a shuttle standby at that time of night, they can't be that short. These route 10s on weekends that they opted to keep spare have seen a conventional bus nearly every weekend this signup

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 1604 said:

8224 is on the 90 tonight, along with 1631, neither of which are showing up online. 

4 blocks of work were transferred from community shuttle to big bus Thursday evening. I believe it was a 32/46, a 90, a 199 and something out of Dalhousie. The way that the work was written and pushed out on CAD, operators were unable to log into CAD...hence no buses showing on Transit 55 or on real time on the website, the app or teletext.

The way its "supposed to" work when this happens is the status of the work on community shuttle block list is supposed to simply be changed to "cancelled" so it still shows up on the shuttle block list and gets pushed out to CAD. For what ever reason, the piece was completely deleted from the shuttle block list and added to bus and when the information was pushed to CAD and it looked for them on the shuttle block list, they were not there. CAD does not know or think to look for that work on the bus block list.