Mauricie Transit Discussion

Classic 9401

R.T.C.S. Shawinigan:

The regular schedule is beginning on Monday, August 17th. Sunday, August 16th is the last day of the summer service.

So that means that routes #1 & 2 are coming back in service. The R.T.C.S. also brought some modifications to these 2 routes.

Here they are:

Route #1 Centre Fiscal/St-Georges-de-Champlain;

- It will now be in service all day long from 06h30am to 17h30pm(last departure), just like it used to be before March 2009 (Monday, March 2nd), when they completely change the transit system. It will be in service Monday to Friday. It won't be a Rush hour route.

- Route #1 will now be serving "La Plaza de la Mauricie" Via Bd. Royal instead of Via Bd. Des Hêtres, like it was before March 2009. That means that the bus will be going in the parking lot of "La Plaza de la Mauricie".

- Finally, Route #1 will be serving the "Des Chutes high school" like route #2 is actually doing, and like it was before March 2009.

Route #2 Shawinigan-Sud/St-Georges-de-Champlain;

- Route #2 will now be serving "La Plaza de la Mauricie" Via Bd. Des Hêtres instead of serving it Via Bd. Royal and going into the "Plaza de la Mauricie" parking lot, since Route #1 will now be taking charge of it. But during Evening, Route #2 will be serving "La Plaza de la Mauricie" Via Bd. Royal ("La Plaza de la Mauricie" parking lot), like it is actually.

- Route #2 Shawinigan-Sud will now be taking the 5th Avenue instead of the 12th Avenue to serve "AlmaVille en Bas".

- No longer in Service on Saturday.

Route #3 Shawinigan-Sud/St-Georges-de-Champlain:

- Now in service on Saturdays instead of Route #2 from 06h30am to 23h30pm (Last departure). Just like during summer.

- On Sundays, Route #3 is now running between 08h30am to 17h30pm (Last departure). Before the service was ending at 16h55pm (Last Departure). But the route is not getting one more hour of service since the service will now start at 09h30am instead of 08h55am.

- Finally the schedule of Route #3 is getting advance of 25 minutes. Each departure from either Shawinigan-Sud or Saint-Georges-de-Champlain are now gonna be at: 30 instead of: 55.

Here are some links that are explaining the changes. If you click the second one, you could see a picture of the design for their future Eldorado EZ-Rider Max II, on top of the page.

http://www.lhebdodustmaurice.com/annonce2-...-transport.html

http://medias.lhebdodustmaurice.com/annonces/3046050.jpg

These changes are making way more sense and they are fairly better than the ones from February 28th 2009.

That’s it!!!

STTR:

Tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday night there will be a free shuttle service runs by the STTR, due to the events for "Le Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières (GP3R)". Tomorrow night André-Philippe Gagnon is in show, and on Saturday night there is a big firework presented by "La Magie des Feux Loto-Québec" just like the ones that are presented at "La Ronde". It’s supposed to be the biggest firework ever seen up to now in Trois-Rivières.

The shuttle will be in operation from 18h00 to 00h00 with a 15 minutes frequency. The shuttle will bring people to "Le Parc Portuaire" in Downtown. People can parked their cars and board the shuttle at the 3 principal shopping Centres; Le Carrefour T-R-O, Les Rivières & Les Galeries du Cap.

6 buses are supposed to be in service to bring people to downtown, but at the end of the evening between 10-15 will be working the shuttle.

That’s it!!!

How is it different that the previous one? Is it still on street? I'm sorry, I don't know much about STTR despite your feeding us information.

Here are some pictures that I took yesterday.

You can see the new terminal with 4 pictures with different angles, 1 picture of the informations column & 1 picture of the driver's toilet:

sttr_nouveau_terminusC_V_1.jpg

sttr_nouveau_terminusC_V_2.jpg

sttr_nouveau_terminusC_V_3.jpg

sttr_nouveau_terminusC_V_4.jpg

sttr_nouveau_terminusC_V_5.jpg

sttr_nouveau_terminusC_V_6.jpg

Even though it has the detested blue it is still better than Mississauga Transit. One colour, one stripe liveries are so unoriginal now, we can do much better than that...

I don't know if that's the right livery, it's more like an original livery from the Eldorado.

STTR:

The 2 new Girardin G5 2009 cutaways that the STTR just bought, #0905 & #0906, are now apparently in service. These are featuring the new STTR paint scheme (Blue and Green). These 2 cutaways will be assigned to route #10 & #12 as usual. #0801 will now become a spare unit to replace either #0905 or #0906 when they are Out of Service. With the arrivals of these 2 cutaways, #0401 will finally be retired :lol:! #0402 was already retired due to an accident in October 2008.

Apparently that #0905 was on route #10 yesterday, while #0906 is on it today.

• 1 month later...

R.T.C.S. Shawinigan:

#1010 that got involved in an accident in July 2009, is back in service since August, 24th. (I forgot to post about it)

STTR:

There was a shuttle service, this weekend at the STTR, for the 2 shows of "Le Cirque du Soleil". The shuttle was departing from the 3 main shopping centres; Carrefour T-R-O, Centre Les Rivières & Les Galeries du Cap. It is connecting to the "Stade Fernand-Bédard" where the shows take place. The shuttle was on operation on Saturday from 15h30 to 00h00 and on Sunday from 15h30 to 11h00pm, with a frequency of 5 to 10 minutes. More than 20 buses were on the road for the shuttles. There was also a special reserved lane for buses.

On Monday, September 21st it was the official inauguration of the new terminal in downtown. Julie Boulet also announced a subvention of 933 000$ to acquire 4 Novabus L.F.S in 2010, in addition to the ones that were already ordered. The STTR should received between 6 and 8 buses in 2010.

R.T.C.S. Shawinigan:

#1010 that got involved in an accident in July 2009, is back in service since August, 24th. (I forgot to post about it)

SMS, Guy-Concordia and myself were at the RTCS garage when 1010 came in just after having that accident. It had damage on the driver side bottom towards the middle of the bus. IIRC, I mentioned the accident on that day..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

STTR:

As I was looking at different things on Internet, I found something about the STTR;

STTR #0703 was involved in a incident, on Tuesday Night, at 23h00. The incident happened on De Cherbourg st. near Côte Rosemont, as the bus was on route #86 T-R Ouest (86 TRO).

3 windows at the back of the bus were broken, by projectiles mostly like the ones of Pellet guns shoothers. Fortunately, nobody was hurt by this since the bus was empty.

Here's the link to the report:

http://tva.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/player/player_...elle/101061.wmv

• 3 months later...

Some interesting pics were posted on the other board of the new RTCS El-Dorado's. I actually like the new livery. Since the guy who took the photos is banned from every board we know, the images were uploaded for him by someone else on the M de M. Anyways, here are the images:

Tum_09a.jpgTum_09d.jpgTum_11a.jpg

Tum_11d.jpgTum_11c.jpg

Some interesting pics were posted on the other board of the new RTCS El-Dorado's. I actually like the new livery. Since the guy who took the photos is banned from every board we know, the images were uploaded for him by someone else on the M de M. Anyways, here are the images:

Hmmm, Mr. Liar at least was nice enough to take some photos.

Yeah, I agree about the livery. Since this is a contractor and private funding, they are fortunate to get an full HVAC!

Now I've really got to try and get out that way this year! :D

No no Sherman! Midibus! Minibus ya sure no prob Girardin but STM wants midibuses for routes that don't need the high capacity of a 40 footer but also where a minibus would be too small!

So yes! El Dorado is an actual contender!

No no Sherman! Midibus! Minibus ya sure no prob Girardin but STM wants midibuses for routes that don't need the high capacity of a 40 footer but also where a minibus would be too small!

So yes! El Dorado is an actual contender!

Hmmm, so how will STM get the funding as Eldorado isn't local made?