What are you eating right now?

Kenster102.5

Had a doctors app't today. Instead of waiting forever, and then sitting in the little office forever, and then waiting forever at the pharmacy, I was in and out of there in 15 minutes. So with time to kill, and feeling sorry for myself because it was supposed to rain today and instead it was miserably hot and sunny, I stopped in at Northern Chicken to try their Brisket. (Was unsuccessful last time as they had run out). They didn't have the 'Burnt Ends' which I really wanted to try, but they did have the 1/3 lb BBQ Brisket, so I had that. Came with THREE small sides, so I got the Doritos Mac 'n' Cheese, Smashed Potatoes and Potato Salad. Had to take two of the sides home, just couldn't finish it.

Seriously though, they should just sell the sides separately, because I can see a lot of food being wasted. One can get the sides a la carte, so they should just have where you pick the meat, and the sides separately. 

I also had two Pickle Juice Caesar drinks.

Photo3695.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to Northern Chicken to see if they had the Brisket 'Burnt Ends' (my third attempt at ordering these succulent nuggets) but they had no BBQ meats at all today. I thought third time was a charm, but I guess not. ANYHOW, they had $8.00 Pickle Juice & Clamato Caesars (reg $14.00) --- so I had TWO of those, Plus I had a small Doritos Mac 'n' Cheese with a handful of jalapenos. (I should keep in mind that most people have larger hands than I do, and that a 'handful' is not a true measurement).

Also, Northern Chicken no longer serves Brunch on Sundays.

Photo3699.jpg

Photo3702.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, captaintrolley said:

Went to Northern Chicken to see if they had the Brisket 'Burnt Ends' (my third attempt at ordering these succulent nuggets) but they had no BBQ meats at all today. I thought third time was a charm, but I guess not. ANYHOW, they had $8.00 Pickle Juice & Clamato Caesars (reg $14.00) --- so I had TWO of those, Plus I had a small Doritos Mac 'n' Cheese with a handful of jalapenos. (I should keep in mind that most people have larger hands than I do, and that a 'handful' is not a true measurement).

Also, Northern Chicken no longer serves Brunch on Sundays.

Sounds like a place that I would not be going to any more.

BTW: The reason for a lot of the "sad" ratings: I can not stand over-spiced (mostly too hot) as they do a number on my system; burning at both ends! Or in a couple of cases, that horrible-looking seedy old bread!

Each to their own likes and dislikes.

• Thanks 1

Lunch - Cheese and Veggie Sandwich (German Butter Cheese, Butter Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, and Red Bell Pepper) on Pumpernickel Rye Bread. .

Supper - A Cobb Salad from Safeway Deli. I added some tiny tomatoes, Feta Cheese, Grated Parmesan Cheese and Crispy Onion. Tossed in Three Diamond Dressing.

PA170001.JPG

PA170001.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't planning to go to Northern Chicken, but went and got my Flu / Covid shots today and Northern Chicken was pretty much across the street, so I tacked off in that direction.

They have individual chicken pieces for $2.42 every Wednesday, so I took advantage of that. Got one piece of Hot Maple Chicken, and one piece of WNFA (We're not fooling around- about as hot as one can make chicken without a waiver needing to be signed). Got two sides, a Mac 'n' Cheese and a sausage gravy. (The only way to eat the WFNA chicken without dying is with the gravy)

Of course, no meal is complete without the Pickle Juice Caesar ♥

Pretty full after that, ended up taking home the Hot Maple chicken piece.

Photo3706.jpg

Photo3709.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1