What are you eating right now?

Kenster102.5

4 hours ago, captaintrolley said:

Garlic Toast (from yesterday's BP lunch) with Guacamole Spread, Kashkaval Cheese, and Liverwurst with herbs.

P4120001.JPG

Wow, you eat a lot of nice food. I don't think it counts as eating but right now I have my mouth resting on a furry feline head so I have a mouthful of fur...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started out with a yummy coffee at European Sweetness Coffee Bar and Deli. Then a baby (5oz) Munich Dunkel beer and a bowl of Wor Wonton Soup from Brewsters.

The soup was good, but not nearly as good as it used to be. It's been about 15 years since I've had it from there, and it used to be FULL of good things, not a few things and a big pile of bean sprouts. Also used to come with a side  ramekin of Sambal Oelek (crushed chili paste) not Sriracha. 

Photo3557.jpg

Photo3559.jpg

Photo3561.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a lovely Spinach & Arugula salad with tomato, onions, and 'salad trail mix'. Tossed in Three Diamond Dressing and topped with Feta, grated Parmesan and thin Hot 'n' Spicy Gouda slivers (created with a vegetable peeler).

Also had a slice of pumpernickel bread with Herb & Garlic Liverwurst.

• Thanks 1

Decided to check out the brunch at Ashford House Irish Pub across from my building.

I had a 'Guinness' Caesar drink. I did request extra spicy, no straw and no ice. Still came with ice. I suppose two out of three ain't bad LOL.

(I always request no ice because ice dilutes the drink, and takes up space which could otherwise be filled up with good stuff)

I had the corned beef hash. Hash browns, corned beef, sauteed onions, green peppers & mushrooms, and two poached eggs with white sauce.  I took the toast home to have later, seriously can't eat that much anymore. Overall it was quite tasty.

The prices were a bit higher than what was printed on the menu, so I have been promise a complimentary drink of choice on my next visit.

Photo3568.jpg

Photo3570.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My swim pal took me out for Chinese Hot Pot for an early birthday present. Very delicious. I am by no means an expert, and made a bit of a mess (I wish they had slotted spoons), but overall I did good for a nOOb.

Miso broth, an assortment of mixed sauces, egg noodles, bok choy, couple of eggs, beef, lamb, tofu, skinny mushrooms.

Pissed off my chop sticks didn't break properly.

Photo3573.jpg

Photo3574.jpg

Photo3575.jpg

Photo3576.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1