Edmonton Emergency Services

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Board Admin

Was looking on RMP's website - interesting trucks.

http://www.rockymountainphoenix.com/trucks.php?truckID=19

This one uses old Ford F-350 lights.

Saw EMS 2248 - looked like a new regular sized ambulance - it has the City of Edmonton logo above the cab. And all those retired police cars at Belvedere MES are gone now - only one remains.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd have assumed that the Macks would be spares/reserve as they have quite a few years on them and new equipment has been arriving at a fairly good pace.

Edmonton's firefighters also are all qualified as "wheel men" ;) too.

A fellow in my building who used to be a Platoon Captain (he's since passed away) hated driving the fire trucks because he had no sense of direction. It's not that he couldn't drive, it just wouldn't look good if a place burnt to the ground because the driver got 'lost'. I suppose this wouldn't be an issue now with the advent of GPS and such. He always made sure he had some excuse for not driving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Board Admin
Not too sure why we need push bars on the cars, don't seem to reacall any chases where the push bar was used.

So far 5 have been spotted: D14, D15, D16, A02 and A??

B04 spotted today.

Also saw the Hazmat 821 and Station 25 458?

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly an emergency vehicle...

I've been after these for awhile now. Wouldn't have cared normally about an animal control car, but, since it shares a common paint scheme for peace offices in Edmonton (Alberta?) including ETS's special constables I do have a bit of an interest in them.

SANY0083.JPG

SANY0084.JPG

I've seen that one in the white paint scheme around in different areas - I first thought it was transit, but then knew later that there were separate divisions of "PEACE OFFICER"S.

Might not be that one... There were two parked out front plus the leased one... there were other vehicles in the yard behind the building, which might have included others like the one pictured.

• Board Admin

EPS: Sure pedal bikes would've been money better spent, but a Segway is probably less expensive than a motorcycle or quad.

EMS: Probably only good for an incident where they just need CPR or water. Maybe a defibrillator or something. They bought some Ford Expeditions or something too for quicker response around the city - no patient transport in those either (although I suppose you could).

• Board Admin

Saw one of the new police cars - those LEDs are sure noticeable. Except someone didn't see the cop coming and stayed in the left lane, and the cruiser had to slow down quite a bit until they pulled over.

Got this one on the 18th of this month! Anyone know where I got this photo? Martin, do not answer this one! Lets see if anyone can figure it out! It will probably be quite easy for Edmonton area people!
Near Parsons Road?

• 1 month later...