MCI and Prevost Questions

Orion V

The D4500 has similar looking configuration when opened. I remember those 2 big fans are there at the same place and all the EGR and newer ones have that yellow circle thingy at the bottom.

Yellow half circle would be the belt cover.

• 2 months later...

After spending sometime comparing Prevost H3 series coaches of different years with a friend, here are some identification generalities that we have concluded.

Coaches with new caps- Recap or New from factory?

Of course if the new style coach has framed windows or differences in paint or if only the front is done, its a dead give away that it is recapped.

However, recapped coaches often don't have the word "PREVOST" engraved into the front panel of the coach; meanwhile, coaches that are new from the factory do have PREVOST engraved.

The current style front and rear caps were introduced in 2002; however, some 2002 models were built with older caps.

Luggage bay handles/access panels

Coaches built before but not including 1998 generally have the handles below the side turn signals and have an access panel above the front axle on both sides of the coach. The driver side access panel is larger then the one on the door side.

Coaches built 1998 and after have no such access panels and the door handles have been moved slightly above the turn signals.

Rear Grille Width- Driver Side

On 2004 and newer models, the grille is wider.

on 2003 and older models, the grille is narrower.

H3 Logo by the door

On 2006 and new models are silver emblems in the shape of the letters/numbers H345

On 2005 and older models, they are H3-45 on a black rectangular emblem.

Did we get anything wrong? If you think so lets see! Its nice to have a spotters guide I think as H3 series and coaches in general most of us seem to have a harder time telling the age.

Might I add that the way to recognize when a coach is recapped requires some attention to the interior of the coach. If the coach is built in the new style, the front two panels does not have the plastic thingy, while the coaches that have been recapped do.