STO and OC Transpo Routes

Cre47

Have you guys seen the signage for 245? There doesn't seem to be one. The only closest one Envrio_1203 found was:

99 RIVERVIEW

45 MANOTICK RIDEAU

All on one sign....wow...

I just realized either you made a typing error or OC made one, it's no longer 45 MANOTICK RIDEAU, it's the 245 MANOTICK RIDEAU.

I don't know if anyone noticed but it seems like the 118 and 179 will be re-routed in the fall booking, when Constellation Crescent will be opened to Baseline road (eastbound and westbound). The new map is reflecting that change.
Wow, it even is placed at the new station, which btw, you can see the road layout for the old station there lol

Other cases of sign changes.

The new route 99 was shown as Downtown with Leitrim Greenboro below

Route 18 eastbound as St-Laurent with Rideau Queen Mary below (that is on Inveros but not the Hybrids as it is only shown St-Laurent)

Route 16 westbound as Britannia with Carlingwood below

Route 18 eastbound as St-Laurent with Rideau Queen Mary below (that is on Inveros but not the Hybrids as it is only shown St-Laurent)

The hybrids only say St Laurent because they have not been re-programmed. They will gradually be re-programmed. Check bus 5007 or 5010 or 5026

The 16 actually scrolls "Carlingwood/Dovercourt"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No major changes planned next year unfortunately. Thanks to the flip-flopping from this council on LRT. And despite this sounds like there will still some massive fare hikes in some areas. Did I see a 12% increase for students, 13% for seniors and 8% for cash fare?

http://www.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/cityc...TING%20PLAN.htm

http://www.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/cityc...OCUMENT%201.pdf

No major changes planned next year unfortunately.
Well it's not like we really need any changes, sure route 7 could be cut in half but other than some minor flaws, the system is actually pretty reliable now, especially after the 2 and the 3 were cut in half. Only major reliability flaw is the downtown core, but it only is a flaw when there is an accident or protest. No service changes can solve this problem though.

Besides, changes scare away customers. Ottawa is probably one of the only cities that does a major route overhaul every few years.

I'm actually glad to see that there are no major changes next year.

From the Skyscraper Forum (in the SSP Ottawa-Gatineau section under the future of Ottawa's Transit thread), there is mention of the 2010 Transit budget of removing, combing or restructuring some of the peak routes again.

The link given was this, although it (at least from my computer) doesn't work

http://ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/bu...et_2010_en.pdf

If it is not working then here are some of the possible changes.

In Kanata, Route 62, 63 and 64 would be combined in two. I guess the 64 would be removed since only one side street is served which could easily be replaced by route 63 which also runs on Castlefrank at McCurdy. Route 96 would cover up the eastern Katimavik portion.

In Orleans routes 37, 38 and 39 would be combined in two. Not sure which of the 37 or 39 will go though, but if so at least one residential street will lose express service.

Route 69 would be removed with trips added to the 166 in Bells Corners. Note the 66 will still serve Moodie Drive.

Route 43 will also be removed and replaced as a feeder route, although more likely it would be extra trips to the 143 and/or the 98/114.

Route 67 will also be removed and become a feeder route or probably it would be more 172's and/or 174's.

Routes 8 and 88 will become one route. That might spell the end of service on Alta Vista south of Heron unless there are D8 trips skipping Heron Gate.

Changes are also proposed to routes 57, 86, 111, 117 and 156. I guess the 57 would end at Lebreton like the 150 (ex-51) and 155 (ex-55). Not sure about the others, but I might bet it would be changes around the Meadowlands area. Either which route would serve Viewmount for example.

With these changes, the red routes serving downtown will almost be completely gone.

What would be good also is some slight extension of routes that ends for example at St-Laurent (i.e 14 and 18) or Baseline (116 and 117) so to end them at Hurdman and Lincoln Fields (or one of the two ends at Bayshore) respectively so to cut a transfer. Route 99 should end at Hurdman during non-peak hours (maybe the same for the 112)

Another post on that forum indicates a city manager suggesting that Kanata and Stittsville buses before 7 AM bypass Bayshore and Pinecrest due to low-level ridership on these two stops on those routes and the fact that it is not congested yet on the 417. Also, he has suggested that routes 20, 22 and 35 would no longer stop at Place d'Orleans P&R during the morning.

Changes are also proposed to routes 57, 86, 111, 117 and 156. I guess the 57 would end at Lebreton like the 150 (ex-51) and 155 (ex-55). Not sure about the others, but I might bet it would be changes around the Meadowlands area. Either which route would serve Viewmount for example.

While I don't know the exact routing that is being planned for the Meadowlands area, I do want you to refer to a report that was presented to Transportation Committee in November 2005 ( http://www.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/cityc...GM-POL-0060.htm ). Go to the bottom of the document and locate the heading "EXHIBIT 8 - CENTRAL NEPEAN", where there is map of the bus network concept in that area if the former N-S LRT project had went ahead.

I don't know if anyone noticed but it seems like the 118 and 179 will be re-routed in the fall booking, when Constellation Crescent will be opened to Baseline road (eastbound and westbound). The new map is reflecting that change.

i also noticed in the new map that theres a short transit way alignment for south Orleans ( even the neighborhood map at Place D Orleans labels it as a transitway) its located between Trim Rd and 10th line south of Innis ( dashed line - - - ) Picture_1.png

While I don't know the exact routing that is being planned for the Meadowlands area, I do want you to refer to a report that was presented to Transportation Committee in November 2005 ( http://www.ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/cityc...GM-POL-0060.htm ). Go to the bottom of the document and locate the heading "EXHIBIT 8 - CENTRAL NEPEAN", where there is map of the bus network concept in that area if the former N-S LRT project had went ahead.

That would mean no direct to downtown service from Meadowlands expect at Fisher and Woodroofe. Doubt though the 3 will be removed unless the 86 would take its routing west of downtown. The 57 should have been combined or turned into a feeder route considering the 86 does basically the same routing aside from Viewmount.

I doubt also they would remove the 117 from Carleton too - even if LRT gets extended in the long range.

Winter timetables are now available - let's see if the shortage of buses is over.

http://www.octranspo.com/maps_menuE_NOV.htm

Edit: Aside for a few trips missing in total, it seems the shortage is mostly over.

The only changes seen so far, is route 18 being extended back to City Centre or more precisely the Champagne Lay-Up (I guess to restore the route's previous connection with the O-Train) via Albert/Scott and the permanent routing of route 195 on Longfields towards the RCMP office.

Another post on that forum indicates a city manager suggesting that Kanata and Stittsville buses before 7 AM bypass Bayshore and Pinecrest due to low-level ridership on these two stops on those routes and the fact that it is not congested yet on the 417. Also, he has suggested that routes 20, 22 and 35 would no longer stop at Place d'Orleans P&R during the morning.
They should just not have the buses "stop" at Bayshore and Pinecrest during AM Rush. Give the drivers the option of using it if traffic is bad on the 417. But Bayshore didn't get express service before September. So it wouldn't make any real difference. Also Bayshore is very well serviced by the 96, 97 and 101.

As for route 43, I did a passenger count on that route one day while I was bored, a total of 26 people rode the bus from end to end with only 17 people onboard when the bus left the Transitway at Walkley.

But I can see them doing a similiar interline thing that they do with routes 156 at Lincoln Fields with the 95 and the 245 with the 99.

Except most likely they will do the interline at South Keys and have the bus become a 97, doubt it would go all the way to Bayshore so it'd probably end at Tunneys.

As for the 57, I really can't wait to see whatever they plan on doing to that route. In Transplan 99 they planned to replace it with an 86X but the local residents fought against that and won. So this will reignite a fight from 10 years ago. But that Transplan 99 plan, I don't see why that wouldn't work, as the 57 and the 86 follow the same route except in that portion. But I will be keeping my eye on this 57 plan due to the previous history of trying to get rid of it.

Just as an FYI it was IMO the only thing that actually made sense in Transplan 99.

EDIT: Here is the link that works: http://ottawa.ca/city_hall/budget/budget_2...get_2010_en.pdf

That would mean no direct to downtown service from Meadowlands expect at Fisher and Woodroofe. Doubt though the 3 will be removed unless the 86 would take its routing west of downtown. The 57 should have been combined or turned into a feeder route considering the 86 does basically the same routing aside from Viewmount.

I doubt also they would remove the 117 from Carleton too - even if LRT gets extended in the long range.

OC Transpo wants to re-organize some of the bus routes in the city by "simplifying" the service by removing some sections where there are multiple bus routes going the same direction and destination, and simplify it by having less bus routes offered but operating them more frequently.

Last year, they simplified service between St. Laurent Station and Elmvale. Back then, there were three bus routes operating along that stretch (Routes C84, 85, and 111), now there is only one bus route (114) that operates every 10 minutes on weekdays along that stretch.

On the Meadowlands area (and referring to that November 2005 report), here are my predictions:

- Route 57 might be eliminated;

- Route 156 might be revised to remain on Merivale, instead of travelling on Viewmount, Chesterton and Meadowlands as it does today;

- I think Route 86 might be removed for the most part of Meadowlands. But unlike the 2005 report, I think the 86 will travel on Viewmount on its entire lengh instead of going to Colonnade as proposed back then (although if OC does this, then they will need to reorganize Route 3 in the Fisher, Viewmount area);

- The present Route 111 and 117 might be the only routes that travels the entire length of Meadowlands.

That's my personal guess....