OC and STO service disruptions

Cre47

Detours for the Orleans parade are posted. St-Joseph Blvd as expected will be closed, meaning all routes travelling or crossing St-Joseph will be detoured either via the 174 or via Tenth Line, des Epinettes and Jeanne d'Arc.

Detours for the 96 for the Stittsville parade are also posted.

The main parade (December 5) detours though are not posted just yet. That would hit both the STO and OC Transpo.

-------------------------------------------

Meanwhile there will be on the Quebec side, detours tonight for the Aylmer parade hitting routes 41, 44, 45, 46, 47, 51, 52, 53 and 57.

Construction is over on Main Street in Aylmer so on Monday routes 41 and 51 will return to their regular route

Ditto for routes 96 and 98 in Buckingham.

• 2 weeks later...

Detours are posted on the site for tonight's parade. They've recently added the omitted detours on routes 14, 16, 18 and 316.

Routes 8, 85, 86, 87, 94, 95, 96, 97 and 98, even though not mentionned will be greatly affected by the parade too.

STO buses will travel via MacDonald-Cartier, King Edward, Rideau, Sussex and the Alexandra Bridge.

http://www.sto.ca/actus_vie/flamme_f.html

From the STO site

Tommorrow

Routes 94, 96 and 98 will be affected in the Buckingham/Masson-Angers area at around 5:30 PM-6:00 PM tommorrow.

Routes 77 and 78 along St-Rene and Montee Paiement at around 6:30 PM

Routes 33, 77, 78 and 96 at around 7 PM near La Gappe and La Cite

Saturday

Aylmer Sector

Routes 51, 52, 53 and 59 along Aylmer Road/Main Street

Hull Sector

All routes will be affected in that sector as St-Raymond, Tache, Laurier, St-Joseph and Montcalm will have disruptions.

Monday

All routes affected downtown

King Edward and Rideau will be affected during the rush hour - so chaos very likely - not sure why are they doing it during the peak of rush hour though

As for OC Transpo, detours will be in place for routes 1, 2, 4, 7, 9 and 12 on Saturday.

Route 8 might also be detoured in Hull though not mentionned on the site.

There will also be delays and possible detours on

Route 9 on Sussex,

Routes, 1, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 18, 306 and 316 in Vanier and Rideau Street.

Routes 5, 14 and 153 on/near Elgin,

routes 3, 8, 16, 18, 85, 86, 87, 94, 95, 96, 97 and 98 on Albert/Slater/Queen.

Route 2 on Somerset/Richmond with impacts on routes 86, 16, 85, 176, 151, 3 and 87 along the north/south routes intersecting Richmond/Somerset.

Carlingwood area (16, 87, 156, 151, 174 and 85)

all along Carling (routes 85, 101, 151, 156, 14 and 176) and again routes intersecting Carling (86, 3)

also Bank Street north of Landsdowne (1,2, 4, 7, 153) and routes intersecting Bank (101, 14 + those already mentionned above)

On Sunday

Route 118 on Baseline

Route 152 and 172 on Greenbank/Pinecrest. Maybe Route 96, but less certain.

Route 96, 118, 161, 164 on Eagleson/Hazeldean/Terry Fox

Monday

Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 18 on Rideau/Wellington/King Edward. No disruptions for now on Albert/Slater.

Routes 120, 125, 127, 130, 131, 135, 136 and 137 along St-Joseph in Orleans as well as express routes 20, 21, 27, 31,32, 33, 34 and 35 and peak route 193.

• 2 weeks later...

On Thursday January 7, routes serving Carleton University (4, 7, 117) and route 1 may experience service disruptions as the funeral procession for fallen police officer Const. Ireneusz Czapnik heads from the Fieldhouse at Carleton University, down University Drive, Sunnyside Avenue, and Bank Street to Lansdowne Park.

It is estimated that 4,500 to 6,000 uniformed officers and civilian members will arrive on campus to muster and make their way from the Fieldhouse to Lansdowne Park (Urbandale Centre). The university community will see traffic and parking disruptions, with some campus roadways and parking lots closed to facilitate the gathering.

As the police procession unfolds in the afternoon, University Drive will be closed to traffic in certain sections. Campus Safety officers and Ottawa Police officers will be directing traffic as the parade gets underway. Police officers will exit Lot 5 onto University Drive, head northeast to Bronson Avenue and then proceed east on Sunnyside to Bank Street. Students and staff coming to campus or leaving after the lunch hour are encouraged to use the Colonel By entrance to avoid traffic congestion related to campus road closures and other City of Ottawa street closures.

Service was short of about 40+ buses this morning. Lots of 'em being D60LFs not starting up in the cold... I wonder how this impacted service. I also heard something about the Route 9, but it was very unclear.

Ottawa Sun has an article relating to the bus shortage - http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa/2010/...4/12347816.html

What about the 9? That is my local route.

While I don't know whether or not OC Transpo cancelled some trips on Route 9, I do know for a fact that whenever OC is faced in this type of bus shortage situation that they will try and protect rush hour tripper runs that does school, express and rural express service. Consequently by protecting those types of service, they do cancel some trips on regular and higher frequency routes (like Routes 12, 95, 96, 97. etc.).

BTW, Ken Gray has obtained and posted a copy of the internal memo to Councillor from Mr. Mercier regarding the bus shortage issue - http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitize...ls-94-runs.aspx

While I don't know whether or not OC Transpo cancelled some trips on Route 9, I do know for a fact that whenever OC is faced in this type of bus shortage situation that they will try and protect rush hour tripper runs that does school, express and rural express service. Consequently by protecting those types of service, they do cancel some trips on regular and higher frequency routes (like Routes 12, 95, 96, 97. etc.).

BTW, Ken Gray has obtained and posted a copy of the internal memo to Councillor from Mr. Mercier regarding the bus shortage issue - http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitize...ls-94-runs.aspx

I assume if they did cancel 9 runs it would have been the peak hour shorts. Mind you as the 9 is such an unreliable service at the best of times (Its particulary bad for early running) no-one would have noticed much!

On Thursday January 7, routes serving Carleton University (4, 7, 117) and route 1 may experience service disruptions as the funeral procession for fallen police officer Const. Ireneusz Czapnik heads from the Fieldhouse at Carleton University, down University Drive, Sunnyside Avenue, and Bank Street to Lansdowne Park.

The following file was on the Ottawa Neighbourhood Watch Executive Committee website:

http://onwec.ottawapolice.ca/file.asp?content_id=73

Update: More details on police funeral

By Matthew Pearson, the Ottawa Citizen January 6, 2010 11:03 AM

OTTAWA — Police encourage residents attending the funeral for Const. Eric Czapnik Thursday to take public transportation to Lansdowne Park because there will be no public parking available.

The public can view the funeral proceedings inside the Aberdeen Pavilion at Lansdowne Park, not at the Coliseum building as previously reported. A giant screen will be set up inside the pavilion to broadcast a video feed from the ceremony.

A funeral procession will leave from Carleton University’s Fieldhouse at around noon, cross Bronson Avenue, head east on Sunnyside Avenue to Bank Street and then north to Lansdowne Park.

Between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., the following road closures will be in effect:

- Bronson Avenue will be closed from Colonel By Drive southbound to Riverside Drive northbound;

- Sunnyside Avenue will be closed from Bronson to Bank Street; and

- Bank will be closed between Riverdale (northbound) and Fifth Avenue (southbound).

- Southbound traffic on Bronson will be diverted onto Colonel By, Hogsback, Brookfield and then onto the Airport Parkway.

- Northbound will be closed at the ramp for Riverside and traffic directed onto Riverside Drive.

Access to businesses on Bank between Riverdale and Sunnyside will be open from Riverdale.

The public can view the procession from anywhere along the route.

Increased traffic flow is expected on Bank and Queen Elizabeth Drive after the funeral.

A private reception for the family and sworn and civilian members will be held in the Aberdeen Pavilion after the funeral.

© Copyright © The Ottawa Citizen

Detours

Funeral - Ottawa Police Officer Detour

Route 1,4,7,117

Detours will be in place to accommodate the march from Carleton University to Lansdowne.

Detours expected from 11:30 to 13:30.

These stops are not in use :

All Stop from Bank and Fifth to Bank and Riverdale.

All stops on Sunnyside,Seneca and Grove

All Carleton University Stops

The following file was on the Ottawa Neighbourhood Watch Executive Committee website:

http://onwec.ottawapolice.ca/file.asp?content_id=73

There will be a temporary stop located at University Drive at the daycare, on the west side, across the existing stop at the intersection. Buses will go south and exit via Colonel By Drive to their respective streets, Bronson, Bank, and whatever the 117 uses. I don't think I can get photos of buses on Colonel By, as the detour is effective from 11:30-1:30, my next class is 11:30-1:30 and I'm not a fan of skipping... I'll try my best.

• 2 weeks later...
Transitway Detour

All Eastbound routes:

Will exit the Transitway at Tremblay road, left on St.-Laurent, right into St.-Laurent Station to service the upper level, to the Transitway, to regular route. No Service at Train Transit Station.

All Westbound routes:

Will exit the Transitway at St.-Laurent station, left on St.-Laurent, right on Tremblay, right onto the Transitway, to regular route. No Service at St.-Laurent Station.

http://www.octranspo1.com/updates/