STL Classic Watch (from 58XX onwards)

gmnewlook

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
any clue when will the next new order for STL be arriving? I am looking at coming back next April after the winter and wondering if any Classics would survive until then? Thanks

The 12XX series has been delivered. They are all being preped for service inside the new extension of the STL garage. They should be entering service any day now. There will be 7 classics retiring shortly as the 12XX enter service. As for which classics, I don't know, but the one's that will be retiring will be parked outside with 6010 and 6015.

The 12XX series has been delivered. They are all being preped for service inside the new extension of the STL garage. They should be entering service any day now. There will be 7 classics retiring shortly as the 12XX enter service. As for which classics, I don't know, but the one's that will be retiring will be parked outside with 6010 and 6015.

how many Classics they have remaining right now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

STL 6105 was doing the 15h17 departure of the 74 from Cartier this afternoon. Got on it and rode it to Terminus Contant where it then became a 25. Loved riding a MCI Classic with the 6V92TA/VR731 combo once again and what's better, this was a great bus chartered by SMS! :D

Also, 6211 was at Cartier!

• 1 month later...

Never mentioned this yet but all remaining STL MCI's were put in storage. It's not known if they will ever return into service at this point. There are only 6 Nova Classics on the active roster right now: 6402, 6403, 6405, 6406, 6407 and 6408. The 65XX were sent in storage as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

STL 6105 made it on the road today somehow, despite not having bike racks. Seen on Route 39 at Laurentides / Bellerose.

I heard the STL will remove the classics in the summer booking only, as they do now every year, because they don't have bike racks. Until the summer booking starts, classics can end up on regular rtes still.