Central Fraser Valley

Now I'm not the bearer of bad news, but is it possible 9751 is a temp replacement? Cause the other day when I was driving past Detroit Diesel on Hwy 1, I saw 9406 and it looked like the Whistler decals were off. So maybe 9406 is getting evaluated and going to be a perm replacement and 9751 will be sent back to Vic? I'm hoping that's not the case since I still have yet to catch 9760 which I have been chasing down but it's hard to catch it seems. But if 9751 stays, I will have a better chance at getting a ex CMBC bus :)

Now I'm not the bearer of bad news, but is it possible 9751 is a temp replacement? Cause the other day when I was driving past Detroit Diesel on Hwy 1, I saw 9406 and it looked like the Whistler decals were off. So maybe 9406 is getting evaluated and going to be a perm replacement and 9751 will be sent back to Vic?

Doubtful. 9751 is a contingency bus meaning it does not have a lease fee attached to it, so it or another contingency bus will "be" 9269 until the actual one is either repaired or officially written off the company's books.

2009 novas have different lease fees than 2008s so you can't swap them interchangeably at will. I don't know that whistler can even spare a bus and if they did it would make sense for one of 9286-9289 to be moved instead, for the lease fee situation mentioned above and that moving 9406 to CFV would create an orphan bus scenario. My guess is 9406 is just in for some routine or mid life work.

Now I'm not the bearer of bad news, but is it possible 9751 is a temp replacement? Cause the other day when I was driving past Detroit Diesel on Hwy 1, I saw 9406 and it looked like the Whistler decals were off. So maybe 9406 is getting evaluated and going to be a perm replacement and 9751 will be sent back to Vic? I'm hoping that's not the case since I still have yet to catch 9760 which I have been chasing down but it's hard to catch it seems. But if 9751 stays, I will have a better chance at getting a ex CMBC bus :)

Not to throw water on your fire of speculation... heheh... but just to be fair there could be any reason for 9406 to be at Detroit Diesel. (aside from fitting a series 50 engine to it, xD)

With the Novas I remember when 9381 was technically brand new and I rode it, it overheated and we had to let it cool down for five minutes before we could continue (in February 2010). 9406 could have been overheating in Whistler and it was sent down there for a thorough examination.

Who knows? We're just on this board to discuss what could be, what should be and other trivial things. Only time will tell. :-)

All we know for sure is that we were informed we would be getting 9751 before the 9268 incident, so now we are waiting for the official "word" that 9268 is a write off. After that "decision" is made they will send a replacement.

Some possibilities for the other contingency unit - 8106 has been deplated. 9750 has been out of service for the past couple months, although it still has Victoria plates. 9751 and 9760 received that same treatment before they were moved out.

not sure what you mean by more service, 9265 is out every day and usually start of service to end of service. Livery update is not going to happen any time soon, we can't take it out of service that long. And Yes LOL I meant 9269.

not sure what you mean by more service, 9265 is out every day and usually start of service to end of service. Livery update is not going to happen any time soon, we can't take it out of service that long. And Yes LOL I meant 9269.

You will see it a lot more in transit service.

They had to rush it into service as we are severely short on buses, thus no working destination sign.

Do you think they will have the destination sign working anytime soon? Is it not programmed yet for Abbotsford, if so I hope they do that soon. I'll need to ride it myself soon :P