What new routes should be added from Canadian airports?

hl7534

I was looking at some route maps and was wondering what kind of new routes would be feasible out of Canadian airports...

I came up with my own list (note: hypothetical/imaginary)

YYZ-UIO [Quito] (3x weekly AC 763 or XL 763)

YYZ-GYE [Guayaquil] (3x weekly AC 763 or XL 763)

YYZ-MDE [Medellin] (3-4x weekly AC 319 or AV 757 codeshare)

YYZ-CLO [Cali] (2-3x weekly AC 319)

YYZ-BAQ [barranquilla] (2x weekly AC 319)

YYZ-MVD [Montevideo] (2-3x weekly AC 763)

YYZ-DXB [Dubai] (daily EK 772)

YYZ-DOH [Doha] (3x weekly QR 332 via Europe)

YYZ-KIX [Osaka] (seasonal 3x weekly AC 343?)

YYZ-CAN [Guangzhou] (4x weekly CZ 772 via ANC)

YYZ-ARN [stockholm] (Daily AC 762)

YYZ-OSL [Oslo] (Daily AC 762)

YYZ-HEL [Helsinki] (3x weekly AY 752)

any more?

I'd LOVE to see Avianca's beautiful 757 or 767 here. It's one of my favourite aircraft liveries.

Here are a few of mine:

YKF-YOW (AC Jazz CRJ) Daily

YKF-YUL (AC Jazz CRJ) Daily

YKF-YHZ (Westjet 736) 6X weekly

YKF-ORD (United Express CRJ) Daily

YYZ-LJU (Skyservice 752) Seasonal

YYZ-DXB (Emirites 772) 6X weekly

Good List!

In addition to LJU, I think a charter service to either ZAG, PUY, DBV or SPU might do OK if enough tour packages are sold!

How about YKF-LGW by FlyGlobeSpan or Zoom?

Good List!

In addition to LJU, I think a charter service to either ZAG, PUY, DBV or SPU might do OK if enough tour packages are sold!

How about YKF-LGW by FlyGlobeSpan or Zoom?

Thanks hl7534! Skyservice already serves ZAG from YYZ. Apparently it must be successful because it's been around for a couple of years now.

About YKF-LGW, I doubt there is a lot of demand to England with YHM :) and YYZ both having direct links to the UK. It would be great to see YKF get more service, as we only get NWA, Sunquest/Signature, and now Westjet! Also, our runway here is only capable of handling 737's and A320's. I think a lot of us here at YKF are jealous of those in YHM because of all the service they get :lol::lol: . On a positive note, we get our first Westjet on Monday May the 14th!!! There are also rumors that Skybus, or $kybu$t :P have been considering flying out of YKF!

Thanks hl7534! Skyservice already serves ZAG from YYZ. Apparently it must be successful because it's been around for a couple of years now.

About YKF-LGW, I doubt there is a lot of demand to England with YHM :) and YYZ both having direct links to the UK. It would be great to see YKF get more service, as we only get NWA, Sunquest/Signature, and now Westjet! Also, our runway here is only capable of handling 737's and A320's. I think a lot of us here at YKF are jealous of those in YHM because of all the service they get :lol::lol: . On a positive note, we get our first Westjet on Monday May the 14th!!! There are also rumors that Skybus, or $kybu$t :P have been considering flying out of YKF!

YKF's runway should be able to handle up to 757-300 or 767-200/300 with load restrictions. 7000ft is more than enough... MDW's longest runway is 6522ft and gets/has gotten scheduled 757-300 service from TZ.

I was looking at some route maps and was wondering what kind of new routes would be feasible out of Canadian airports...

I came up with my own list (note: hypothetical/imaginary)

YYZ-UIO [Quito] (3x weekly AC 763 or XL 763)

YYZ-GYE [Guayaquil] (3x weekly AC 763 or XL 763)

YYZ-MDE [Medellin] (3-4x weekly AC 319 or AV 757 codeshare)

YYZ-CLO [Cali] (2-3x weekly AC 319)

YYZ-BAQ [barranquilla] (2x weekly AC 319)

YYZ-MVD [Montevideo] (2-3x weekly AC 763)

YYZ-DXB [Dubai] (daily EK 772)

YYZ-DOH [Doha] (3x weekly QR 332 via Europe)

YYZ-KIX [Osaka] (seasonal 3x weekly AC 343?)

YYZ-CAN [Guangzhou] (4x weekly CZ 772 via ANC)

YYZ-ARN [stockholm] (Daily AC 762)

YYZ-OSL [Oslo] (Daily AC 762)

YYZ-HEL [Helsinki] (3x weekly AY 752)

any more?

I'd LOVE to see Avianca's beautiful 757 or 767 here. It's one of my favourite aircraft liveries.

Montevideo 3 times a week non stop? I dont think it would work 3 times a week maybe 1-2 times a week or at least one stop over to make it worth while

Guest Jump Up 9492

very impressive list! :rolleyes: I know there is great demand for YYZ travellors going to Guangzhou. If this happens most people can avoid the stopover in HK.

very impressive list! :rolleyes: I know there is great demand for YYZ travellors going to Guangzhou. If this happens most people can avoid the stopover in HK.

Thanks!

Do you think ANC is a good fuel-stop for YYZ-CAN? Even if the 772ER can make it nonstop, it might be heavily weight/load-restricted, thus losing out a lot of profit potential, so I think that a fuel stop at ANC or maybe YVR might be necessary, and that is true especially Westbound due to winds aloft.

Montevideo 3 times a week non stop? I dont think it would work 3 times a week maybe 1-2 times a week or at least one stop over to make it worth while

I believe that the strong YYZ hub and its connection possibilities are enough to support a 3x weekly flight to MVD. It would even work better if they decide to codeshare with PU (Pluna). Having a flight 1 times per week doesn't make sense unless if it is subsidized or ad-hoc, or in occasions where bilateral air service agreements between countries restrict the amount of frequencies an airline can fly (eg. Angola). Having a 1x weekly flight outside those cases suggests that the market is weak and vulnerable, and it doesn't make sense to keep the flight crew lay over for a full week unless if it's an ultra long haul flight. 2x weekly or more should be feasible in most cases.

Having a stopover in EZE (Buenos Aires) etc might not be a bad idea provided there are seats reserved for passengers wanting to continue onto MVD. However, the problem is that the flight may initially be sold out by passengers wanting to end their journey at EZE, the intermediate point, instead of MVD, therefore preventing some pax who want to fly to MVD to do so. Consequently the plane would have to fly near empty from EZE to MVD. That is the same problem Virgin Atlantic has on their LHR-HKG-SYD flight. the LHR-HKG portion was full of passengers getting off at HKG, and it was hard to book a flight all the way down to SYD because the demand to HKG was so strong, and they weren't able to get enough 5th freedom traffic passengers from HKG to SYD.

Of course, AC could try to obtain 5th freedom rights that would enable them to sell tickets between EZE and MVD, however they would have to face competition from regional airlines such as Pluna, LAN or Aerolineas Argentinas, which are in a much more advantageous position because they have the frequency and network/feed that would make them more attractive to the average traveller, and AC would have to drop their prices, rendering the operation unprofitable.

Therefore, I think that a 2-3x weekly nonstop codeshared with Pluna is feasible. After VARIG's departure from Star Alliance, AC could need a partner airline from South America.

I believe that the strong YYZ hub and its connection possibilities are enough to support a 3x weekly flight to MVD. It would even work better if they decide to codeshare with PU (Pluna). Having a flight 1 times per week doesn't make sense unless if it is subsidized or ad-hoc, or in occasions where bilateral air service agreements between countries restrict the amount of frequencies an airline can fly (eg. Angola). Having a 1x weekly flight outside those cases suggests that the market is weak and vulnerable, and it doesn't make sense to keep the flight crew lay over for a full week unless if it's an ultra long haul flight. 2x weekly or more should be feasible in most cases.

Having a stopover in EZE (Buenos Aires) etc might not be a bad idea provided there are seats reserved for passengers wanting to continue onto MVD. However, the problem is that the flight may initially be sold out by passengers wanting to end their journey at EZE, the intermediate point, instead of MVD, therefore preventing some pax who want to fly to MVD to do so. Consequently the plane would have to fly near empty from EZE to MVD. That is the same problem Virgin Atlantic has on their LHR-HKG-SYD flight. the LHR-HKG portion was full of passengers getting off at HKG, and it was hard to book a flight all the way down to SYD because the demand to HKG was so strong, and they weren't able to get enough 5th freedom traffic passengers from HKG to SYD.

Of course, AC could try to obtain 5th freedom rights that would enable them to sell tickets between EZE and MVD, however they would have to face competition from regional airlines such as Pluna, LAN or Aerolineas Argentinas, which are in a much more advantageous position because they have the frequency and network/feed that would make them more attractive to the average traveller, and AC would have to drop their prices, rendering the operation unprofitable.

Therefore, I think that a 2-3x weekly nonstop codeshared with Pluna is feasible. After VARIG's departure from Star Alliance, AC could need a partner airline from South America.

I like the idea of 2-3 times a week with one stop over

From YVR as the following I want~~

YVR-CDG (AF 3-4x week, 772 or 77W)

YVR-DXB (EK daily, 77W)

YVR-DOH (QR 3-4x week, 346 or 77W)

YVR-DEL-BOM (AI daily, 77L)

YVR-BKK (TG 3x week, 345)

YVR-CAN (CZ 3-4x week, 772)

And more exist routes, I want some more competitor to join it as well~~

YVR-LHR (VS)

YVR-NRT (NH)

YVR-ICN (OZ)

YVR-HKG (O8, it will coming soon)

Maybe more as possible~~

YVR-DXB (EK daily, 77W)

YVR-LHR (VS)

YVR-NRT (NH)

YVR-ICN (OZ)

Maybe more as possible~~

I'm pretty sure that we'll see some of these airlines that you mentioned by 2010!

YVR-DXB (EK daily, 77W)

And more exist routes, I want some more competitor to join it as well~~

YVR-LHR (VS)

YVR-NRT (NH)

YVR-ICN (OZ)

Maybe more as possible~~

I agree with most of the above, especially YVR-CAN and DXB. However...

YVR is already served by the Air France-KLM group (through KLM to AMS), and an additional AF service might be an overkill, especially if you consider how easy and efficient it is to connect through AMS and also because AF is starting new flights to SEA.

DOH / QR might work if they can time the YVR flight properly to make it connect to their flights to/from South Asia (India, Sri Lanka etc.)

YVR-DEL-BOM could also work, but remember that LAX, SFO, JFK is higher priority for non-stop service with the 77L. If those markets are served first, there is a good chance that AI could send the 77Ls to YVR.

Another flight I can see being added from YVR is YVR-NGO (AC 763)