ElDorado National-California (ENC) to end production

ENC's parent REV Group has announced that it will be winding down operations at ENC business - marking the end of their transit bus manufacturing endeavors. Additionally, its school bus business will be sold off to Forest River Bus.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240129066373/en/REV-Group-Inc.-to-Exit-School-and-Transit-Bus-Manufacturing-and-Reorganize-Into-Two-Reporting-Segments-Announces-a-Special-Cash-Dividend?fbclid=IwAR3FaOT-c7_RwZ7d4FSCzu3fPemxYmNqWlilLlrcxNkgB6THfwMypM6sOFI

• Sad 2

The transit bus manufacturing business seems to be very competitive and that is what led to REV deciding to shut down ENC and El Dorado. After the 2024 fiscal year, only Gillig and New Flyer along with BYD will continue to make and produce bus for US Transit Agencies, with NovaBus exiting the US market in 2025 to focus on Canada

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, octabusfan92 said:

The transit bus manufacturing business seems to be very competitive and that is what led to REV deciding to shut down ENC and El Dorado. After the 2024 fiscal year, only Gillig and New Flyer along with BYD will continue to make and produce bus for US Transit Agencies, with NovaBus exiting the US market in 2025 to focus on Canada

And proterra is still in the process of ceasing operations in the USA as well. Hope EU and Asian bus manufacturers will take over the USA market in the near future for EV bus markets for 3rd world countries someday when the federal regulations is lifted. 

14 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

And proterra is still in the process of ceasing operations in the USA as well. Hope EU and Asian bus manufacturers will take over the USA market in the near future for EV bus markets for 3rd world countries someday when the federal regulations is lifted. 

If Trump wins later this year, I doubt they'll be a flood of outside manufacturers coming in so easily. 

The Green Agenda might be on the chopping block too. Who knows. 

Maybe even EPA altogether. Now that's going to far, but the pure geek in me is dreaming of two strike engines coming back. But I need to snap back into reality. Lol

16 hours ago, RailBus63 said:

No surprise. ElDorado just never made the jump to becoming a serious supplier of true heavy-duty transit buses.

Didn't they recently supply LA with buses? Either way, too bad.

14 hours ago, octabusfan92 said:

I'm no expert , but I'm interested to see how Nova will survived just being in Canada, considering the US market is bigger. Yes they've done it before, from 2003 to 2008 when they re entered. 

I get that Quebec will always give them business, but they also choosing not to make clean diesel buses too and focusing on EV. 

I'm sure New Flyer and Gilling are happy , more business for them. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/29/2024 at 9:46 PM, RailBus63 said:

No surprise. ElDorado just never made the jump to becoming a serious supplier of true heavy-duty transit buses.

Yeah, their biggest buyers was LACMTA and PACE right?

On 1/30/2024 at 2:22 PM, FlyerD901 said:

If Trump wins later this year, I doubt they'll be a flood of outside manufacturers coming in so easily. 

The Green Agenda might be on the chopping block too. Who knows. 

Maybe even EPA altogether. Now that's going to far, but the pure geek in me is dreaming of two strike engines coming back. But I need to snap back into reality. Lol

Didn't they recently supply LA with buses? Either way, too bad.

I'm no expert , but I'm interested to see how Nova will survived just being in Canada, considering the US market is bigger. Yes they've done it before, from 2003 to 2008 when they re entered. 

I get that Quebec will always give them business, but they also choosing not to make clean diesel buses too and focusing on EV. 

I'm sure New Flyer and Gilling are happy , more business for them. 

Now that would be nice! Maybe Daimler should consider resurrecting Orion bus Industries as they were a serious player up until they closed down almost 11 years ago. Neoplan in Europe should also relaunch Neoplan USA and GMC should get back in the bus game too as they basically pioneered it for a long time.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:12 AM, octabusfan92 said:

Its not competitive, it's a damn near monopoly. Only 2 bus makers left really (I don't take BYD seriously and it's only a matter of time before it's US operations get canned anyway...) 

Maybe this could encourage Grand Vicinity to throw their hat in the ring too. 

• Thanks 1

VMC has had plans to make a 40ft heavy-duty transit bus since 2020 and Solaris plans to manufacture buses in North America so I hope they do well. The Proterra product line was bought Phoenix Motors and the mini school bus manufacturer under REV group was also sold to another company, I hope the ENC product line is bought. 

• Confused 1

On 2/3/2024 at 4:23 PM, Original_doll said:

VMC has had plans to make a 40ft heavy-duty transit bus since 2020 and Solaris plans to manufacture buses in North America so I hope they do well. The Proterra product line was bought Phoenix Motors and the mini school bus manufacturer under REV group was also sold to another company, I hope the ENC product line is bought. 

Solaris huh? They probably would need to make a whole new bus model that is America compliant.