Lion's Head Transit Authority

Joshuamumble

So I was searching on Facebook the other day and noticed that Lion's Head, a small town in the northern Bruce Peninsula has operated a transit route, which ran with one IC LC cutaway numbered 2146 and a former Canadian Forces Blue Bird. This service started in 2020 and according to local news articles, ran until summer 2021, where it was suspended for 2022 after the town refused to support the service (no idea if it will run in 2023); they were planning to provide zero-fare service within the town to better cater to residents

As of the last time their website was updated, they operated one route, being a park and ride service aimed at tourists within the town and Lion's Head Provincial Nature Reserve on weekends

Currently, the IC LC is for sale on Facebook Marketplace

Sources:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756443309538848/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Abf1516cf-f372-4f6d-9921-3424bba2952b

Lion’s Head Transit Authority Up and Running on Weekends | Bruce Peninsula Press (June 17, 2021)

Lion’s Head Transit Authority Suspends Operation For 2022 | Bruce Peninsula Press (June 2, 2022)

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2023 at 2:21 PM, Joshuamumble said:

So I was searching on Facebook the other day and noticed that Lion's Head, a small town in the northern Bruce Peninsula has operated a transit route, which ran with one IC LC cutaway numbered 2146 and a former Canadian Forces Blue Bird. This service started in 2020 and according to local news articles, ran until summer 2021, where it was suspended for 2022 after the town refused to support the service (no idea if it will run in 2023); they were planning to provide zero-fare service within the town to better cater to residents

As of the last time their website was updated, they operated one route, being a park and ride service aimed at tourists within the town and Lion's Head Provincial Nature Reserve on weekends

Currently, the IC LC is for sale on Facebook Marketplace

Sources:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/756443309538848/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Abf1516cf-f372-4f6d-9921-3424bba2952b

Lion’s Head Transit Authority Up and Running on Weekends | Bruce Peninsula Press (June 17, 2021)

Lion’s Head Transit Authority Suspends Operation For 2022 | Bruce Peninsula Press (June 2, 2022)

I was working up that way back in the summer of 2021, and saw that bus quite a few times. Didn't bother grabbing any pictures because cutaways never interested me that much.

2020-2021 were pretty much record years for tourism in the Bruce Peninsula, but as I understand it the number of visitors started to decline last year, and has only gone down further this summer. The sole purpose of that bus was to shuttle people to the Lion's Head Provincial Park, as the park's onsite parking lot was way too small to accommodate the number of visitors they were getting at the time. The route ran between the park entrance two other lots in the town (one at the school and one at the arena). I honestly doubt that they'll bring the service back for town residents, given that the year round population up there is relatively small.