ETS Service Vehicles

A. Wong

• Board Admin

For those interested in tracking city-owned vehicles used by ETS, here is a roster compiled by me with help from M. Parsons and mike from edmonton.

ets-e2902a.jpg

ETS Service Vehicle Roster

Note that Budget vehicles are also used, so it's useless to track those. Usually Crown Victorias, but I've heard about a Honda Odyssey as well.

Any additions/corrections would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

• Board Admin

I would guess Ford Excursion?

ets-f2008b.jpg

I mean, the bigger the better to them I bet. :P Ford Escape maybe.

I often wonder how much it costs them to rent out Budget vehicles all the time, and what we bought these "SECURITY" Excursions for if they are just going to rent. Though I did see one at the Ferrier MES fueling up.

I'm pretty sure the PSOs use marked police cars, but not 100% sure.

Yeah, you did have 4521. You still had it at 1801 at the Coliseum too ! A bit of a flip-flop, I was on Marty's bus this time when we went past you at the Col. TC. :P

That explains why he wouldn't look towards me then either... you distracted him!!! :P

He has to learn to keep that #5 on time.. the next #5 was early lol

And I got a ride home in that Ford Excursion tonight :o

That explains why he wouldn't look towards me then either... you distracted him!!! :P

He has to learn to keep that #5 on time.. the next #5 was early lol

And I got a ride home in that Ford Excursion tonight :P

Traffic on Jasper EB was just crawling that trip. He actually got back to Westmount on time (going home trip !)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Board Admin

I paid a visit to City Hall today, and they now have about 4 new Ford Crown Victorias with a PEACE OFFICER blue livery. On the door, there is sort of a crest, that I believe says EDMONTON TRANSIT. They have LED lightbars, so I can't tell what color they are, probably orange. They are numbered 0#. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Escape sitting there was in that scheme also (could it be H2316?).

I'll have to get some more information sometime - my windows were all fogging up from the cold.

I paid a visit to City Hall today, and they now have about 4 new Ford Crown Victorias with a PEACE OFFICER blue livery. On the door, there is sort of a crest, that I believe says EDMONTON TRANSIT. They have LED lightbars, so I can't tell what color they are, probably orange. They are numbered 0#. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Escape sitting there was in that scheme also (could it be H2316?).

What you describe matches the SUV I saw today. Indeed, it does say Edmonton Transit on the crest.

Specifically (on this SUV), the livery was a blue stripe with a thin grey stripe down the middle. It was actually rather nice looking. Better than regular supervisor/ security vehicles.

Happy mike, from edmonton that they seem to be going away from the big ass SUV's for security work? :huh:

• Board Admin

Makes me wonder if the Excursions are still around...

I thought they were two-tone blue stripes when I saw them (a lighter one in the middle), but you probably saw it in the daylight as opposed to my parkade lighting.

They bring a new meaning to "Car 3". :huh:

I'll have to get some more information sometime - my windows were all fogging up from the cold.

I saw a couple of those 'Peace Officer' cars at WTC today. Two of them in the old [128 University] stall. Their Red & Blue emergency lights were going too ! And yeah, about 3-4 PSO personel in and about the vehicles. I didn't see anything happening, they were probably waiting for a bus to pull in wth some 10-17 / 18 on board.

I saw a couple of those 'Peace Officer' cars at WTC today. Two of them in the old [128 University] stall. Their Red & Blue emergency lights were going too ! And yeah, about 3-4 PSO personel in and about the vehicles. I didn't see anything happening, they were probably waiting for a bus to pull in wth some 10-17 / 18 on board.

Red and Blues are only currently allowed on private property however they are getting emergency vehicle status. there are sirens in the new vehicles but currently disconnected.

Transit cops will be official peace officers soon too

• Board Admin

Yesterday I went there, and verified the license plate number on the Ford Escape to be ERT-941. That means that H2316 is now that Peace Officer vehicle (or has the plate from it...). Either way, it's a hybrid Escape and likely is the same one. Note the different lightbar.

ets-h2316r.jpg

Ford Escape: Wonder what ever became of this one...

Dodge Ram: H2368 (LRT work truck 6-0) was the only other vehicle parked near it.

Ford Excursions: F2008 was inside on the top level, and F2004 sat on 99 Street beside City Hall.

Crown Victoria: Peace Officer vehicle 02 was parked outside near Chancery Hall.

I've seen ETS Peace Officers at WEM almost every day this week, especially in the early evening hours. On numerous occasions taking people into custody, a lot of whom seemed to look rather underage.

Well if they are going to cause trouble I don't feel sorry for them. Let them all be rounded up and taken into custody. It's unfortunate that so many 'youth' don't have worthwhile pursuits and have to loiter and get into mischief. Individually, most are probably nice kids, but they gather into these little groups and get braver / stupider and start trouble. :lol:

• Board Admin

Not an ETS vehicle, but here is a picture of University Peace Officer Crown Victoria #93. I saw one with a non-LED light bar - it was strobe and had colored lenses - and as I looked in my mirror, I'm pretty sure it said PEACE OFFICER on the rear too, so maybe they just repainted their older cars.

peaceofficer93.jpg

Anyway, I got some more info on some of the service vehicles at D.L. today, so I'll have an updated roster soon. Some of the vehicles at DL (including locomotive 2010 and the Tampers) have "LRT Track Maintenance" now decalled onto them, on the grey stripe if they have one.

• 1 month later...
  • Board Admin

This post hasn't been updated for a while, so I'll update it with a spotting of H2372. I had extra time to spare downtown so I took a look in the parkade and found it.

H2372 2006 Ford Freestar blue/silver Bus Support Not a pusher vehicle Lightbar-LED

This post hasn't been updated for a while, so I'll update it with a spotting of H2372. I had extra time to spare downtown so I took a look in the parkade and found it.

H2372 2006 Ford Freestar blue/silver Bus Support Not a pusher vehicle Lightbar-LED

I think I saw that vehicle 2-3 times today. Once at the University, later parked outside of Paterson, and finally heading south passed Millgate (few minutes after seeing it at Paterson).