TTC Application Process

ericgu22

1 hour ago, RocketmanCC said:

What are the hours for the training days?

Usually Monday to Friday 7am-3pm but they usually want to be early around 6:30am and the number of days usually is depending on mode of transportation 

i just got the call last thurs and got streetcar in Russell division?..

Anyone got any advice on what to expect for streetcar and Russell division and thanks?

I ll do a timeline of my ttc application later on tonight cuz I'm out right now and can't believe I'm finally in ? After so long...

• Like 2

On 6/22/2017 at 6:07 PM, Wallace89 said:

Just got the training call this afternoon! Starting July 10th for subway (Yonge/ University/ Spadina line) 

Anything I should read up on before I start training? Any tips would be appreciated! :)

I was hoping for bus at first but I think I will get to like subway lol. 

Good luck to everyone waiting for their calls! 

Congrats :) !! Make sure to always be on time that is key, as well as pay attention to the information the instructors give you. It's going to be an information overload the first two weeks or so but it will become much easier for sure!! If you have any questions feel free to ask !! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JCA043090 said:

Usually Monday to Friday 7am-3pm but they usually want to be early around 6:30am and the number of days usually is depending on mode of transportation 

i just got the call last thurs and got streetcar in Russell division?..

Anyone got any advice on what to expect for streetcar and Russell division and thanks?

I ll do a timeline of my ttc application later on tonight cuz I'm out right now and can't believe I'm finally in ? After so long...

Training is 7-3 . 1 day is dedicated to night driving from like 4-11 or might be later now that it's light out longer. In class is until about 10 when vehicles become avail until 2 when they need to be back then 1 hour in class to finish the day! ( I'm speaking based on my experience with bus training )

My timeline of the journey:

•Applied: October 30th 2016

•Invite for Info Session: November 24th 2016

•Info Session: December 6 2016

•Email invite for interview: January 14th 2017

•Interview: February 6 2017

•References contacted: February 20th 2017

•Email confirming pass of interview: march 3rd 2017

•Signed conditional offer: March 4th 2017

•Medical: March 8th 2017

•Police clearance letter: March 15th 2017

•Documentation: April 26th 2017

•Call for training: June 29th 2017

•Training: July 17th 2017

Mode: Streetcar Russel Division 

Anyone in the same training as me and as excited as well ?

If anyone else has other help or advice plz don't be shy to say

2 hours ago, Mrsb2you said:

Training is 7-3 . 1 day is dedicated to night driving from like 4-11 or might be later now that it's light out longer. In class is until about 10 when vehicles become avail until 2 when they need to be back then 1 hour in class to finish the day! ( I'm speaking based on my experience with bus training )

Thanks!

Hey all, totally random question but is there any issues with facial piercings? I start training next week and have several piercings. They can be taken out no problem but is it something they take issue with?

2 hours ago, Mar10 said:

Hey all, totally random question but is there any issues with facial piercings? I start training next week and have several piercings. They can be taken out no problem but is it something they take issue with?

Would not sweat it at all.

1 hour ago, BBDRIVER said:

Is there any possibility for new hire to do overtime or come to work on a day off or you need more seniority for it ?

It's recommended that you wait till your probation (10 months) is over before you do OT. Remember your also working at a discount for the first 2 years. I didn't start doing OT till I hit full rate....but that doesn't mean you can't but having said that if the hiring keeps up then there will be any OT anyways.

49 minutes ago, andyman said:

It's recommended that you wait till your probation (10 months) is over before you do OT. Remember your also working at a discount for the first 2 years. I didn't start doing OT till I hit full rate....but that doesn't mean you can't but having said that if the hiring keeps up then there will be any OT anyways.

Is there any reason why it is recommended after probation? 

as I said previously, you are basically one accident away from being fired (during probabtion).  You will have an extra layer of protection after you pass your probation.  I am saying go have an accident after passing probation.  The more you drive, the chance of getting into an accident is higher.  

6 minutes ago, BBDRIVER said:

Is there any reason why it is recommended after probation? 

5 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

as I said previously, you are basically one accident away from being fired (during probabtion).  You will have an extra layer of protection after you pass your probation.  I am saying go have an accident after passing probation.  The more you drive, the chance of getting into an accident is higher.  

More time in seat = more time to have problems.