TTC Application Process

ericgu22

Hey Everyone!!

I'm a long time follower of this thread, first time poster.

I started my journey through the application process in February 2015. Since then I've made it all the way to the Police clearance stage. Here is my dilemma and where I'm hoping someone could maybe shed some light for me. I received my Toronto Police request form in the mail, asking for fingerprints back in November. I went the next day to have them electronically taken and sent to RCMP. Does anyone know why that is taking so long? I still haven't heard back and the company advised to wait until at least 120 days before calling RCMP and inquiring.

Any tips, suggestions, experiences are more then welcome...it's nice to meet you all!

Cranky Franky!

Apparently training is under a freeze so anyone expecting calls anytime soon should relax and sit tight. If you have passed the info session, only bad news is bad news. No news is good news. Give it time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Everyone!!

I'm a long time follower of this thread, first time poster.

I started my journey through the application process in February 2015. Since then I've made it all the way to the Police clearance stage. Here is my dilemma and where I'm hoping someone could maybe shed some light for me. I received my Toronto Police request form in the mail, asking for fingerprints back in November. I went the next day to have them electronically taken and sent to RCMP. Does anyone know why that is taking so long? I still haven't heard back and the company advised to wait until at least 120 days before calling RCMP and inquiring.

Any tips, suggestions, experiences are more then welcome...it's nice to meet you all!

Cranky Franky!

I had the same problem. It'll take a couple months the most. If you have any run ins with the police, if they have your fingerprints on file, they'll send you a letter back with what they have. Once you receive it, if it's charges you haven't been convicted of, you will submit a request for them to destroy your records and fingerprints. Once they approve your request and notify you of the completion of the task, they'll send you your clearance and you're hired.

Just a little snag. You'll be fine.

Apparently training is under a freeze so anyone expecting calls anytime soon should relax and sit tight. If you have passed the info session, only bad news is bad news. No news is good news. Give it time.

Thanks a lot for updating... Is there anyway to check our date for training call? I believe by knowing the last person medical's date we can guess how long does it take to get the training call... Correct me if I am wrong please.

I had the same problem. It'll take a couple months the most. If you have any run ins with the police, if they have your fingerprints on file, they'll send you a letter back with what they have. Once you receive it, if it's charges you haven't been convicted of, you will submit a request for them to destroy your records and fingerprints. Once they approve your request and notify you of the completion of the task, they'll send you your clearance and you're hired.

Just a little snag. You'll be fine.

I suspect the freeze is due to the upcoming possible master sign-up. Was actually shocked to see 4 training at Queensway currently....unfortunately their stay will be short lived.

I just got called my training has been moved from Wilson to Arrow which kind of sucks as its further from home but I'm glad to be finallly starting.

To those waiting be patient it is a long process took me just over a year, plus in my opinion I bombed the interview. So have faith, for comparison my timeline is as follows.

Information session - Feb 24 2015

Interview invitation - April 24 2015

Interview - August 13 2015

Conditional offer - Sept 18 2015

Medical - Sept 21 2015

Documentation - Oct 28 2015

Start - March 7 2016

I suspect the freeze is due to the upcoming possible master sign-up. Was actually shocked to see 4 training at Queensway currently....unfortunately their stay will be short lived.

I saw about 3 training buses near Birchmount last week, all within a span of 10 minutes. One guy was driving the bus alone, another bus had two instructors with the trainee.

Where was the notice of the freeze posted?!

There is no notice. What happened is that OTC has been asked to clear their schedule as to be available if a master is to happen. They don't want to be busy training new operators when they need to train existing operators who are changing division/mode.

There was no official notice for this, divisional trainers have told us.

Damn, just when some of us was in denial of this Master. lol What is the Master for? The temp garage hasn't been approved or anything.

The master is not confirmed at 100% till you see the notices in the different divisions. Till then it's not happening. The commission doesn't want a master. It's expensive and a mess for everyone. Fact remains that IF a master needs to occur, then trainers need to be available right away.

Either way, at this point if there has to be a master, it may as well happen already [emoji19]

So looks like we in the 74000s now. The Maintenance side usually is ahead of the game when it comes to badge numbers. They were in the 74000s early last year.

Looks as though new hires into subway has ease a bit.

Well maybe because they realized all those new hires in subway this past year will be driving streetcars soon after the master.

Yehoooo....Finally Got the Training Call...(Mode : Bus - that I wanted ).... So excited...Starting in 12 days... Best Wishes for all.

Congrats too. I'm wondering if you got Eglinton, but seems like everyone here goes to either Arrow or Wilson.

Congrats too. I'm wondering if you got Eglinton, but seems like everyone here goes to either Arrow or Wilson.

Wilson has lots due to retire and a bunch are transferring out next board not to mention the health benefit investigation there...Wilson may become very very junior soon.

The Health Benefit investigation is on the agenda for tomorrow. As far as I know, no one has been let go on the union side.

Wilson has lots due to retire and a bunch are transferring out next board not to mention the health benefit investigation there...Wilson may become very very junior soon.

There's only two last time I checked that want to leave YUS/BD.

http://ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Commission_reports_and_information/Commission_meetings/2016/February_25/Reports/Employee_Benefits_Verbal_Update.pdf

For the new board period there are 22 people transferring 12 are queensway and 2 to Malvern rest to birchmount or eglinton and Russell

Transfers next board are:

10 to Qway

6 to Birch

1 to Eg

2 to Arrow

2 to Malvern

1 to Russell

14 of those are 7#### badges. Thanks I didn't move down!