YRT Automated Announcement Error Tracker

vivablue5215

Well...they tried to fix the #5936 At Yorkton Blvd announcement. Except I can barely make out 16th Avenue now from the announcement.

I have to double check the stop number displayed, but on the 85 westbound approaching 9th Line, it is announced twice. However, the first announced 9th Line stop (nearside) does not exist.

I have to double check the stop number displayed, but on the 85 westbound approaching 9th Line, it is announced twice. However, the first announced 9th Line stop (nearside) does not exist.

It does/did exist... not sure where the sign went tho..

It does/did exist... not sure where the sign went tho..

Hmm...I remembered it did, but I also remembered the platform used to be paved (it's grassed up now).

Even if it does exist, what's the point of having the nearside stop anyway? It's not like anyone is gonna transfer from a northbound 9 to a westbound 85.

Hmm...I remembered it did, but I also remembered the platform used to be paved (it's grassed up now).

Even if it does exist, what's the point of having the nearside stop anyway? It's not like anyone is gonna transfer from a northbound 9 to a westbound 85.

Maybe to serve the development on the north-east side of 16th... the stop pad for the farside stop is fairly far away from 9th, and the next nearest stop is Country Glen, another fair hike east.

Maybe to serve the development on the north-east side of 16th... the stop pad for the farside stop is fairly far away from 9th, and the next nearest stop is Country Glen, another fair hike east.

Stop # is 5952.

According to the YRT website, the stop is gone from the list. Therefore it would be safe to assume that stop doesn't exist anymore. I'll put it in the tracker for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more to be added to the list:

Stop #1279 At Okanagan Rd on the 85+ should be pronounced "O-ka-na-gan and Carrville", not "O-kan-a-gan and Carrville".

Stop #1292 At Almira Ave is misspelled on the 18. It is currently showing "#1292 At Atmira Ave".

Stop #4718 On Highway 7 is incorrectly displayed "#4718 At Highway 7".

vivablue, Do me a favour? At the end of the month, any remaining outstanding and/or new AA issues, can you email them to me in a list? I am almost certain you have my email right... as for everyone else, if you have ANYTHING else INIT (AA) related, post them here.

vivablue, Do me a favour? At the end of the month, any remaining outstanding and/or new AA issues, can you email them to me in a list? I am almost certain you have my email right... as for everyone else, if you have ANYTHING else INIT (AA) related, post them here.

Alright, will do.

I'll send what I have right now to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Stop #2086 At Mccaffrey Rd should have the second c caplitalized for standardization. #2086 At McCaffrey Rd would be correct.

Stop #5254 At Wells St and #4749 At Wells St is displayed correctly, but is mistakenly announced "Victoria and Wellington".

• 1 month later...

Going to Finch Stn, the Yonge and Moore Park stop announcement says Yonge and Madawaska. Also with regard to the Savage Road stops on the Route 98/99, the first stop should be announced as Savage Road South and the next stop should say Savage Road. Finally at Richmond Hill Terminal, Viva Purple sounds like Viva 'Puple' over the announcement.

Viva Purple sounds like Viva 'Puple' over the announcement.

Probably because the announcement is so fast. The announcement needs to fit a lot of information in before it reaches the platform, but it is, indeed, too fast and should be slowed down while being announced earlier.

Probably because the announcement is so fast. The announcement needs to fit a lot of information in before it reaches the platform, but it is, indeed, too fast and should be slowed down while being announced earlier.

I understand. I'm being a little picky but if it can be fixed then great!

Im back from my 3 trips on Blue today, with some errors....

My bus (5205) would NOT announce Savage Rd or Jefferson Sideroad AT ALL.

I Doubt that it was just my bus, but tomorrow i will confirm...

Hmm.. that's usually a sign that something was changed in the AA system for that stop. If it still doesn't work in a few days... let me know and I'll advise the region.

1 Highway 7:

#3124 At Thomson Crt is displayed correctly, but is announced "Highway 7 and Main Markham Road". Should be "Thomson and Main Street Markham".

And as a side note, shouldn't the 9 and 18 have their INITs reprogrammed since they both don't turn into MSH anymore, and that the 18 uses Highway 7 to loop around?

Viva Blue A:

It seems awkward for stops approaching Richmond Hill Centre, it shows "Next Stop - *scroll*No service to R. Hill Term*scroll*", then it finally shows "Next Stop - Centre Street" as an example after the first announcement stating the bus will bypass RHC (normally halfway between two stops). If I had my way, I would put it as "Next Stop - Centre Street *scroll*No service to Richmond Hill Centre*scroll* ".

Viva Blue A:

It seems awkward for stops approaching Richmond Hill Centre, it shows "Next Stop - *scroll*No service to R. Hill Term*scroll*", then it finally shows "Next Stop - Centre Street" as an example after the first announcement stating the bus will bypass RHC (normally halfway between two stops). If I had my way, I would put it as "Next Stop - Centre Street *scroll*No service to Richmond Hill Centre*scroll* ".

There is a character limit of I believe 25.