Crossing the USA border.

detroitdiesel_motobike

How many times can I enter and leave the USA with a Canadian passport visa free?

I'm curious about this.

The last time I went to the US was a week trip in Feb 2008 and another week in Aug 2008. Would I have any trouble traveling in June 2009? I plan on spending a week there then coming back for 3 days and then another week there.

• Board Admin

I don't think there is a limit on how many times you can cross but I could be wrong. I don't think you would have any trouble though, I'm sure some people fly back and forth monthly and probably weekly.

A friend came up from the US to here, and the Canadian border agent only gave him a month to stay.

I used to cross the US border 1-2 per week as a trucker. Then when I was finished I crossed soon after in my car. No one said anything.

There is no limit, the only thing you may encounter is one of the agents asking why you are coming to the US so much.

I would say the problem is coming back to Canada. Do it too much and they may think that you are shopping down there alot, but this is if you go very, very often.

For the frequency you are going, I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

I was in the US in August and November 2008, and I am going in April and June 2009, and most likely again in November. I am not worried in the slightest.

Also if you hold a Canadian passport you don't need a visa.

I used to cross the US border 1-2 per week as a trucker. Then when I was finished I crossed soon after in my car. No one said anything.

There is no limit, the only thing you may encounter is one of the agents asking why you are coming to the US so much.

I would say the problem is coming back to Canada. Do it too much and they may think that you are shopping down there alot, but this is if you go very, very often.

For the frequency you are going, I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

I was in the US in August and November 2008, and I am going in April and June 2009, and most likely again in November. I am not worried in the slightest.

Also if you hold a Canadian passport you don't need a visa.

How many stamps would you have on your passport going 1-2 times a week?

Also, is it normal to get a CBSA stamp on your passport when coming back? I got one the second time but not the first time.

• Board Admin

Now that you mention stamps, I actually got hassled a bit for having stamps/visas from "communist China" in my passport when I was flying to Florida.

I'll have to see how many CBSA stamps are on mine when I get home tonight...

Now that you mention stamps, I actually got hassled a bit for having stamps/visas from "communist China" in my passport when I was flying to Florida.

I'll have to see how many CBSA stamps are on mine when I get home tonight...

The last two years I went to Taiwan to visit family and friends, the Taiwan customs officials hassled me about the Mainland China visas and stamps I have in my passport.

My passport never gets stamped when travelling to or from the States.

Yeah, my last stamp from Canada dates back to Dec 2003, they used to stamp when I land at Pearson Airport, but not anymore. Driving into Canada from the States never got my passport stamped. I go to Canada every year.