Transit Windsor

MaT

Hey, I was wondering if I posted some pics here, would one of the editors be able to add them to the wiki for me. Like, one pic of each bus(V, VI, VII ect). Cutaways too. Anyone willing to help me out? Also do I have to make them smaller before I post them here?

• Board Admin

I'm sure someone would be up for the challenge - as long as you aren't posting full resolution photos it would be fine probably. (Well, check the filesize, see if they are 300KB or under)

I would do it but might not be any time soon so if someone else wants to please go ahead.

Ok heres some pics for ya. I dont have good pics for all of them, but you know where they all go. I put 515 in there cuz i dont have 523 right now, but 5`5 should have its own category anyway, if you wanna change that while your at it. I think I have pics of the rest of them, but ill have to go through my pics more to find them.

IMG_0035.JPG

VI.JPG

428_on_standby.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

530_on_the_walkerville_8A_1_.JPG

548_on_the_crosstown_2_express.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_0015.JPG

Oops, I made a spelling mistake with that one lol. In the roster, it lists 523 on its own while 515 is included in the original TW classics without notice that its ex DDOT..so could you do the same for 515 as whats there for 523? Having it in its own category thing. And also could you remove "dougall 6 express(am peak)" from the route list, its discontinued now. Thanks again.

You're welcome Ash! I was reading one of the other wikis and got a little jealous at all the info(I think it was MTs or TTCs). So what I'm aiming at doing is giving the info to the wiki editors to improve Transit Windsor's wiki as much as posible. If I knew how to do that kind of stuff I'd do it myself lol. Some of the other ideas I have is making a page for every route in the city with at least a paragraph description for each. And maybe finding out as much info as I can and having one for all the former routes as well. Also I'd like to ask the owners of photos of Transit Windsor's earlier models of buses(like Orion 1s, 2s ect) if I can submit thier photos to the wiki to give the readers some sort of idea of what they looked like and how many they had ect. I just wanna keep making it better as we go along, only all I can give is info lol.

Ok so I have more info for the wiki, and some changes that can be made to the wiki as well(all in the retired fleet section). Ill start with the changes so that way itll be easier to fill in the information later. The changes that I think should be made, are in categorizing all the buses into different groups. I think we should have the 7XX buses in one group(one category), the 8XX, in another, 9XX in another, etc. So, for anyone that wants to do this, heres the info:

701-778 1962-1975 GMDD(771-778 Ex 815-922) (in one category)

801-822 1971-1975 GMDD(815-822 renumbered to 771-778) (in one category)

901-921 1979-1982 GMDD(all retired except for 907 and 912, which remain in service) (in one category)

I hope thats all clear enough for you guys. And if anyone has a good pic of the 7XX and 8XX, whoever posts on here first that they can put a pic up on the wiki for them, then they are the ones to do it..First come first serve. And if theres more than one pic up there right now for lets say the 9XX buses, pick the best one and use that pic for the whole series(9XX).

Now the next buses after that to work on(gathering info etc), will be the grummans, the Orion 1s(2XX), the Orion 2s and the other cutaways for the retired section. I think theres more buses there that I cant remember right now, so well see. And another section I wanted to do was a part called "Demo/Leased buses", for all the demo buses and the leased artics/etc and have the info there as well for them all. I think it would be a great section to include.

The changes that I think should be made, are in categorizing all the buses into different groups.

Something like this?

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=T...Windsor_555-564

And another section I wanted to do was a part called "Demo/Leased buses", for all the demo buses and the leased artics/etc and have the info there as well for them all. I think it would be a great section to include.

Agreed!

I actually meant something different, but you know what, I actually like that a lot better. But I dont know if that would be a lot of work to do that for 100 buses lol. We can do it that way if someone doesnt mind the work. You dont think that would make the wiki too long if you do it that way?

• Board Admin
I actually meant something different, but you know what, I actually like that a lot better. But I dont know if that would be a lot of work to do that for 100 buses lol. We can do it that way if someone doesnt mind the work. You dont think that would make the wiki too long if you do it that way?
Not too much work, I have a script that makes those tables, but only one person has taken me up on the offer so far. :o I can't fill it in though other than the fleet number though, as I don't know any of the information of course.

Not sure what you mean by "too long" - that page he linked is linked from the main roster, so it saves space on the main Transit Windsor page, and creates nice subsections. That type of layout is common all over the wiki. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've organized the way we're gonna improve the Transit Windsor Wiki(In order to make it complete). It's gonna be 2 long steps, each with its own "objectives" to complete it. Ex.Step one will have about 8 "objectives", and im in the process of working out step 2. Step is gonna be actually filling out all the info and is gonna be more work than step 1.

It's like this..Step one-Organizing it, getting it ready

Step two-Filling it in

Soooo, I'll post the stuff to do and someone can do it. And as it gets done I'll check itoff on my list and we can move on to the next things to do.

EDIT---------------

Ok the first things that can be done are:

1- Have all the current routes as dead links(since I didnt give you the info yet to go on the route pages) to be completed later on

2- Do a "former Routes" category with all the routes as dead links as well. Those routes are:

1B Transway

2 Crosstown Express

5A Dominion

5B Dominion

5B/C Dominion

6A Dougall

6B Dougall

6A/B Dougall

6 Dougall Express

7B South Windsor

7D South Windsor

8A Walkerville

8B Walkerville

9 Drouillard

11 Eastown

12 Roseland

13 Ojibway

3- Make a category called "Terminals". I'm gonna do a paragraph or 2 later on to be put under that category, so for now you can put dead links for every terminal, and ill do the info for them later on to be put on their pages. The terminals are Windsor International Transit Terminal(WITT), College Avenue Community Centre(CACC), Tecumseh Mall, Devonshire Mall, St. Clair College.

4-Make a category called"Possible Future Expansions", where it will talk about the surrounding towns wanting transit service, and how the residents of those towns have to pay for that service. It is possible that "if or when" an expansion of that nature happens, it is possible that Transit Windsor may or may not be contracted to do the service. If anyone wants to take a shot at filling in this section(Dave you'd be good for this), go for it. So just do the category name, and well fill it in later.

On the TTC's wiki at the bottom, theres an all in one area with red headings(and TTC in the middle) and a chart with links to all the routes, divisions, ect.. I wanted to do something like that for Transit Windsor's. And for the heading, is it possible to have the 3 TW stripes in one stripe and Transit Windsor in the middle of it(like on TTCs wiki)? I already worked out the categories etc. This was gonna be number 5 but I'll have you do it later so I can get the info together and so it's not too much work at once.

LOL not a bad idea Ashton, even though I've never done this kinda stuff before. I am an easy learner too. Is there a site that I can go to, to learn how to do that? It would be easier since I wouldnt have to wait, ahhh im up to it:D

• Board Admin

On any of the wiki pages, if you click on the "view source" button at the top, it will show the code for the page you are looking at. That's probably the best way to learn if you see something you like.

These pages are also handy:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents#For_editors

When you think you're ready, feel free to post your name in the editors thread. :wacko:

Hey can someone help me with the pic for 568? I have a pic uploaded already of it(TWIMG 0008.JPG) and it's on 568's own profile page. But it's a lot bigger than the other pics on the wiki(even though it's in line space wise). And can you also put the pic of 568 on the current roster too? I'm just having trouble cuz it's always too big when i do it, so I'll see what changes you made to it to see how to do it right. Thanks.