RTL cutting service because of unreliable busses!!!

2-8-2 Mike

I found this on the RTL website this morning: Annulation De Service ;)

This finally explains the unbearable situation at TCV at the PM rush-hour, when many departures are crush loaded, and others delayed by as many as 20 minutes! (yes personal experience). I'm just wondering why it took so long to acknowledge the problem.

I've been in situations where the last evening departure of the 47 has been 15-20 minutes late for 3 days straight ;) The third day everybody with a cell phone called the customer service number to complain, to the point where there was a busy signal instead of a "please hold" queue.

I am open to correction, but I am presuming that this shortage they are announcing is the reason for my previous experience, and not a new issue compounding an already bad problem.

Does anyone have any more info?

Mike

If this is indeed the case... STL and RTC ought to follow this trend, as well as any other corporation who bought a substantial amount of first generation LFS. Somehow, I don't think that OC Transpo would factor into this quagmire.

Turns out, from my source at the RTL, it's not first gen problems. The mechanics have had a hard time fixing buses on time - they've had a flood of work to accomplish as well. This is the reason for their shortage as well.

If this is indeed the case... STL and RTC ought to follow this trend, as well as any other corporation who bought a substantial amount of first generation LFS.

The STL has already been proactive on this issue, and most of their 1996 and 1997 LFS buses have already received major bodywork. I didn't go to or near Laval on my last trip to Montreal, so I didn't get a chance to see how many of each have been done, but I did see many of them last fall.

I've been studying the list that RTL put online regarding service cuts. The service reduction is leading to some truly *awful* intervals on a few lines. A few a.m. rush examples:

7:32 dep. from Tisserand/Toulon cancelled

Result: 40-minute headway

7:27 dep. from Lapinière/Provencher cancelled

Result: 40-minute headway

6:12 and 7:42 from St. Charles (Brossard) cancelled

Result: 60-minute headway (twice)

7:36 dep. from Fort St. Louis/de Montarville cancelled

Result: 60 minute headway

6:37 and 7:37 dep. from Lyon/Maréchal cancelled

Result: 60 minute headway for the entire rush hour

(Thanks goodness it runs parallel to the metro!)

I could go on ... but I imagine you got the picture!

If these are indeed advertised service cuts... I don't see why people would call en masse to complain... although I strongly empathise with their inconvenience. We can only hope that the garage guys get their act together. Meanwhile, this may also explain why there are more sightings of AG700s on the 45, as well as more late evening Classic service.

If these are indeed advertised service cuts... I don't see why people would call en masse to complain... although I strongly empathise with their inconvenience. We can only hope that the garage guys get their act together. Meanwhile, this may also explain why there are more sightings of AG700s on the 45, as well as more late evening Classic service.

My experience was before they made the announcement. Timekeeping was very poor on many of the TCV lines this summer. Perhaps all of the calls they got prompted them to make an official list of cancellations and advise passengers of the situation (rather than leave 60 people in line for 15 minutes past the departure time before sending a CO to explain things to us).

Mike

Is the 15 always LFS or does it get classics sometimes? or better yet at rush hour??

You can find Classics on the 15 mostly during rush hour. Once, I drove 9-068 on the last 15 from Panama (00h45) at the end of August. The deparature before (23h45) was also a made by a Classic which was 9-501