Hurontario LRT

jordan s

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 6:07 PM, Gil said:

Ford also confirmed today his government’s support to enhance GO train service along the Milton line, which includes a number of stops in Mississauga. Long-awaited two-way, all-day service on that key line is now a priority of the province, the premier said.

Off topic lol but I doubt CP will allow much more GO train service on the Milton line lol, they have already been extremely reluctant on much expansion and all that Metrolinx right now is more trains during rush hr but we'll see.

10 hours ago, jordan s said:

Off topic lol but I doubt CP will allow much more GO train service on the Milton line lol, they have already been extremely reluctant on much expansion and all that Metrolinx right now is more trains during rush hr but we'll see.

Sure they will if you give them the money to build 4 track's for the corridor as well build a fly under/over the tracks not to interfere with their trains.

There are locations where a 3rd track has been built close to 2 decades ago with missing sections between them. The cost to 4 track the corridor back in 2014 was just over $2 Billion. Other than Hurontario, Etobicoke Creek, all the bridges will support 4 tracks today. The fly over/under will happen at the Humber River that may need a 2 track bridge.

As of Feb 26, Matthew Gates intersection will be close until March 24 100% for building the guideway across it. From Burnhamthorpe to Fairview, the guideway area has been mill between intersections. All driveways are now right in/out. Intersections are been setup for left turn only on a green for them like the ones with the guideway in place now.

Trackwork in place for the first half of Robert Speck Intersection waiting for concrete to be pour to anchor the tracks in place along with the road.

The mild winter is allowing everyone to be a busy beaver to make up for lost time to try to get back on schedule with a opening of the line late 2025. Ford needs to cut the ribbon for the line for his run for reelection in 2026.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 10:16 PM, drum118 said:

Sure they will if you give them the money to build 4 track's for the corridor as well build a fly under/over the tracks not to interfere with their trains.

There are locations where a 3rd track has been built close to 2 decades ago with missing sections between them. The cost to 4 track the corridor back in 2014 was just over $2 Billion. Other than Hurontario, Etobicoke Creek, all the bridges will support 4 tracks today. The fly over/under will happen at the Humber River that may need a 2 track bridge.

As of Feb 26, Matthew Gates intersection will be close until March 24 100% for building the guideway across it. From Burnhamthorpe to Fairview, the guideway area has been mill between intersections. All driveways are now right in/out. Intersections are been setup for left turn only on a green for them like the ones with the guideway in place now.

Trackwork in place for the first half of Robert Speck Intersection waiting for concrete to be pour to anchor the tracks in place along with the road.

The mild winter is allowing everyone to be a busy beaver to make up for lost time to try to get back on schedule with a opening of the line late 2025. Ford needs to cut the ribbon for the line for his run for reelection in 2026.

It's crazy when you think about how they were genuinely hoping to open this in October of 2024. Q1/Q2 2026 seems like a much better timeline.

From what I understand, Brampton really wants to do cut and cover around Elgin / Main Street in Brampton, with 4 underground stops between there and downtown. If that's the case, I remember you mentioning 2030 for potential completion of that, and it sounds about right.

On 3/18/2024 at 11:17 AM, JJTheJetPln said:

It's crazy when you think about how they were genuinely hoping to open this in October of 2024. Q1/Q2 2026 seems like a much better timeline.

From what I understand, Brampton really wants to do cut and cover around Elgin / Main Street in Brampton, with 4 underground stops between there and downtown. If that's the case, I remember you mentioning 2030 for potential completion of that, and it sounds about right.

One reason Brampton wants to tear that block of business down to move the road to it to get around the station area or to mine under the road from there.

Elm Dr is the next intersection to be done after Matthew Gates is completed this month as they are preparing it now. Robert Speck will be done this month also and no indication which intersection will be next up there.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, Gil said:

From the MiWay thread...

I found the wayfinding report from August 2019.  It's huge (300 pages), but on page 86 (or 94 of the .pdf) it lists the provisional colours, subject to approval by Metrolinx.  The McCallion Line (or will people shorten it to the Hazel Line?) is supposed to be a dark turquoise per the quick screencap below (fourth row, third colour):

image.thumb.png.140159ca0c83736c90f381640c47327d.pngGO Lines at the top, TTC and other GTHA lines below.

If and when the line reaches downtown Brampton I wonder if they'll be a bit of opposition to having it bear McCallion's name?

On 2/11/2024 at 10:07 PM, drum118 said:

Feb 10

133A6601.JPG133A6603a.JPG

Given that the colours for the Ontario Line, Hurontario/Hazel McCallion Line and Hamilton Line were listed as provisional in the Metrolinx wayfinding guide it looks like they've switched up the allocations.  In light of the Scarborough RT being decommissioned, will they reassign its colour (and possibly number) to the Ontario Line instead of using one of the two remaining colours: teal/turquoise and light (what I'd call Metrolinx) green?  The pink and sea green the TTC had provisionally used for the Sheppard East and Jane LRT lines didn't make the list, perhaps as they were too far down the line?  The Eglinton East LRT may wind up taking the empty allocation or one of the provisional ones that didn't make the list.

Based on the detour notices for the 7 AIRPORT and 68 TERRY FOX, it seems track work has reached the Kingsbridge Garden/Elia intersection as left turns are currently banned until further notice, though the Metrolinx closure notice says April 22.  Is the Matthews Gate work expected to be completed by the posted date of March 25?

Have they announced the final layout of the Loop through downtown Mississauga?  There's plenty of speculation but few details.

4 underground stations along a small section of a street mostly lined with parkland and detached houses. Just madness.

All they need to do is convert Main St and George St into one-way streets between Wellington St and Nelson St and have the single tracks loop through there. Main Street along Gage Park can easily be widened to accommodate two-way operation.

Even with above ground option, you only need 2 stations north of Elgin at most: one downtown and one at Nanwood.

5 hours ago, Gil said:

In light of the Scarborough RT being decommissioned, will they reassign its colour (and possibly number) to the Ontario Line instead of using one of the two remaining colours: teal/turquoise and light (what I'd call Metrolinx) green? 

The July 2023 Metrolinx 60% wayfinding report for East Harbour Station used a purple colour for Line 3 - not dissimilar, but lighter to, the Elizabeth Line. Perhaps closer to violet.

image.thumb.png.351f5326e46d1073ab0c29a955b5e8ca.png

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

The July 2023 Metrolinx 60% wayfinding report for East Harbour Station used a purple colour for Line 3 - not dissimilar, but lighter to, the Elizabeth Line. Perhaps closer to violet.

image.thumb.png.351f5326e46d1073ab0c29a955b5e8ca.png

That purple looks a lot like the "under construction"/provisional colour Metrolinx uses for all of its recent projects.  If the Ontario Line gets extended as far as Sheppard it's going to run into the other "purple" route with Line 4.

I am currently in Pittsburgh and Mathew Gates is now schedule to open April 3. Robert Speck is now schedule to be completed April 5.

Kingsbridge intersection was to be closed and I had no date went I saw it last week nor would it be a full closure or partly like Eglinton. Full closure will have buses on detour by Eglinton

Elm Dr is being prepare to to be close once Mathew Gates is open. No idea if it is a full closure or partly. If full closure, routes 3 and 8 will be using Central Parkway to go east/south and north on Hurontario by Central Parkway to Burnhamthorpe