Palm Tran update

Big CJ

if you guys want, i can supply pics of the current PalmTran buses, since i live in Lake Worth Beach Florida, and i frequently use Palm Tran to go down to Boca Raton on Thursdays and Fridays every week and i occasionally take the 1 bus up to downtown west palm beach or to the intermodal center, id be more than happy to, since i practically take pics of them every day with my phone, and I'm very good at it too.

some point I'm going to try and become a bus driver for Palm Tran as well since they are having a driver shortage.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to the 6 2012 New Flyer D60LFR #1200-1205? Are they sent back to NFI Factory for 10 year warranty expiration date, another transit operator in Florida or to scrapyard? 

maxresdefault.jpg Photo credit belongs to Marcos A. R. 

On 5/26/2023 at 11:43 AM, atsf transit said:

if you guys want, i can supply pics of the current PalmTran buses, since i live in Lake Worth Beach Florida, and i frequently use Palm Tran to go down to Boca Raton on Thursdays and Fridays every week and i occasionally take the 1 bus up to downtown west palm beach or to the intermodal center, id be more than happy to, since i practically take pics of them every day with my phone, and I'm very good at it too.

some point I'm going to try and become a bus driver for Palm Tran as well since they are having a driver shortage.

When and how much bus drivers did Palm Tran lost during the Covid 19 lock downs? Did you learned anything from the internet or research yourself and are you doing standard shift driving lessons inside the transit bus with the sound system in it when you getting hired out of your own pocket after you getting your CDL and driver's license requirements in Florida yet? 

17 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

What happened to the 6 2012 New Flyer D60LFR #1200-1205? Are they sent back to NFI Factory for 10 year warranty expiration date, another transit operator in Florida or to scrapyard? 

When and how much bus drivers did Palm Tran lost during the Covid 19 lock downs? Did you learned anything from the internet or research yourself and are you doing standard shift driving lessons inside the transit bus with the sound system in it when you getting hired out of your own pocket after you getting your CDL and driver's license requirements in Florida yet? 

When those kinds of situations occur, the transit agency usually buys the buses once the warranty ends unless the bus maker offers good deals to trade them in. However, it turns out that Palm Tran retired the D60LFRs.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, HR2012TPA said:

I heard a lot of the operators disliked the artics. It doesn't surprise me that they were retired so quickly.

In other Palm Tran news, an express route to Port St. Lucie is being planned for a 2024 launch: https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/news/local/2023/06/03/fdot-grant-to-fund-express-service-from-port-st-lucie-to-west-palm/70269034007/

This sounds good to me and are they expanding the new routes to Martin County using I-95 Express lanes extension offered by FDOT? Hope they order Prevost, MCI or Volvo Commuter Coach later on this year. 

On 6/12/2023 at 11:42 PM, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

The 2012 New Flyer artics might haven’t been scrapped and can be seen in the garage in some of the auction pictures 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 1:16 PM, richard_carrera11 said:

The 2012 New Flyer artics might haven’t been scrapped and can be seen in the garage in some of the auction pictures 

Are these units listed for sale or nearest offer in good running condition and is this was happened last year due to clearance issues in Palm Beach County?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, richard_carrera11 said:

Question for anyone that works in Plam Tran. What happened to the 6 2012 New Flyer Artics 1200-1206?

My understanding is that they have been retired. I heard from one of my transit enthusiast friends that apparently, the artics were disliked by many bus operators. Not sure how true that was though. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HR2012TPA said:

My understanding is that they have been retired. I heard from one of my transit enthusiast friends that apparently, the artics were disliked by many bus operators. Not sure how true that was though. 

I know they were retired 3 years ago, but what happened to them? It’s strange they haven’t been auctioned off yet 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...