TTC Application Process

ericgu22

14 hours ago, ttcrecr said:

The last 2 times I applied. I literally applied the first day. I have a feeling that's not a good idea as that's literally when the floodgates open and when THOUSANDS probably apply at the same time. I will try again. :) 

Wen was your session?

May 26 :(, nothing so far sigh....

On 7/4/2016 at 0:19 AM, ttcrecr said:

To those who applied recently, did you apply at the beginning when the job was first posted or towards the middle / end?

Not sure. I applied on May 15 online and received confirmation that TTC received my application. Got invited on May 17 to attend the info session. Attended info session on May 26. I have an interview scheduled for later this month.

1 hour ago, ttcrecr said:

Will the TTC not be hiring any more operators because of the "non-essential hiring freeze" and cancellation of service improvements? Is the TTC still on track to replace retiring workers?

Or is the hiring freeze for 2017?

With all the unfilled crews this week at multiple divisions I would say the hiring would continue as well looks like the 60 hr max per week could be permanent.

On 2016-07-07 at 1:43 PM, Oscar101 said:

Looks like last week they were booking interviews for those who attended info sessions in May. 

Anybody from the June 21-22 sessions has an interview yet?

I went to June 21 session, no interview yet. Will keep everyone posted.

On June 27, 2016 at 9:55 PM, Bus girl said:

Hi everyone, 

I just had a question in regards to the police check. I emailed them and I was told that it was received but it is sent out in batches through the mail. But if Canada Post goes on strike, it will obviously delay the training for many of us. Is there there any way that I can pick it up somewhere? Not sure if it's possible? 

Thanks 

Busgirl 

The police services will call you for pick up and location time

7 hours ago, ValentineRH said:

I attended the information session on June 22nd and was invited to an interview in August. Everyone who was in that session expect a reply soon! 

Congratulations and all the best. I attended June 21st session but haven't received any reply yet :( , will see what happens.

Hello, 

i have a couple questions regarding the transit operator position. Are you generally guaranteed to have atleast 2 days off in the week when starting off? Id imagine somewhere between mon-fri due to seniority.. Is overtime forced or voluntary? Also, im probably over thinking this one but how hard is it to learn each route in your division when starting off? Thanks

Generally yes your looking at weekdays off, and yes 2 days.. They don't have to be consecutive tho depends on the crew, but mostly they are . Overtime is generally voluntary but can be forced depending on the situation  and depending on which division some have more routes then others ... Mine has the most at 41 and if you like spareboard ( random daily gamble ) you can learn them pretty quick as everyday is different. 

26 minutes ago, cronix_6649 said:

Thank you, do they provide a map with turn by turn instructions ? When starting off new, is it better to  be on spareboard in order to familiarize with all routes? If not on spareboard do you get just one route to focus on?

You get your divisions welcome guide with routes, emergency info, codes etc etc  spareboard is back up per say when someone books off calls in etc so you can get some good work from the senior ops that took the day, when you pick a crew you do the same thing depending on the crew ( some are swing where it changes ) yes you do the same thing every weekday, your sat work is pre closen based on your crew choice and Sunday you select it's easy once you get used to it .. Focus on the shadowing if you have not done that and the rest will follow