TTC Application Process

ericgu22

It's nearly impossible to finish all the questions. If your stuck on one leave it and comeback to it but most likely you won't have time. Just do your best.

It might help if you sneak a peak at the test before you start and keep answering questions after they tell you to stop.

Sorry disregard that......

1 minute ago, andyman said:

It's nearly impossible to finish all the questions. If your stuck on one leave it and comeback to it but most likely you won't have time. Just do your best.

It might help if you sneak a peak at the test before you start and keep answering questions after they tell you to stop.

Sorry disregard that......

LOL!

You're right though, it's quite hard to answer all 50 questions correctly within 12 minutes. I did about 30, favouring quality over quantity and I passed. They don't expect you to finish everything.

Most people won't finish it but the test has been beaten before... I did 44 of them got no more than a couple wrong....  

But the info that if you do too many you fail can be filed in the trash.  If you get too many wrong then sure. Right answers over gueses, make sure that's all or at least the majority of your answers and you'll pass 

A good friend dearly wants to be a TTC Operator. He attended the information session, did the job shadowing assignments, but unfortunately, showed up to the interview with a photocopy of his Ontario High School Diploma instead of the original as required. The interview was cancelled and he was devastated. My question: are interviews ever rescheduled in these circumstances? He has been trying to call and email but has received no response.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

19 minutes ago, Jan I Am said:

A good friend dearly wants to be a TTC Operator. He attended the information session, did the job shadowing assignments, but unfortunately, showed up to the interview with a photocopy of his Ontario High School Diploma instead of the original as required. The interview was cancelled and he was devastated. My question: are interviews ever rescheduled in these circumstances? He has been trying to call and email but has received no response.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Most likely not. They want to see if you can follow simple instructions and it that was one thing that was clearly stated.

15 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

given the sheer amount of applicants, they don't have time to go back.

That seems like such a shame. Is there anybody he can contact to at least request that he get rescheduled at the end of the regularly scheduled applicants? Does he really have to wait until the job is posted again (or re-apply now) and start the process over?

On 4/8/2016 at 11:49 AM, OperatorP said:

Nice, so exciting! Did you want bus and is Wilson close to home?

Funny enough I wanted Bus and either Wilson or Arrow, so I guess I got my wish! 

On 4/9/2016 at 9:40 AM, sicstang said:

Congratulations! Good luck in training.  I have my day 25 test on monday, feels like just yesterday I got the call.. time flies :)

Thank you!, time can't fly soon enough. :P

2 hours ago, abruptlybold said:

Funny enough I wanted Bus and either Wilson or Arrow, so I guess I got my wish! 

That's excellent :)

I really have my fingers crossed for streetcar at Russell but I understand the chances are probably slim since most postings are to bus.

8 hours ago, Jan I Am said:

That seems like such a shame. Is there anybody he can contact to at least request that he get rescheduled at the end of the regularly scheduled applicants? Does he really have to wait until the job is posted again (or re-apply now) and start the process over?

Doubtful but good luck. The whole process is jumping through hoops doing exactly what they tell you. You don't do something as requested, see Ya later! They have 10,000 people behind him that can and will follow their instructions to a tee. 

Very true. An HR rep told me recently it's impossible to look at every resume they receive so just to get the call to the info session and interview are an accomplishment. Usually during the info session one person is removed for not following instructions properly also. I'm told that is a planted TTC employee to set the example that if you don't or can't follow simple instructions your out.

3 hours ago, LMESSIAH said:

Doubtful but good luck. The whole process is jumping through hoops doing exactly what they tell you. You don't do something as requested, see Ya later! They have 10,000 people behind him that can and will follow their instructions to a tee. 

Even my instructor said think of it as you won the lottery- a friend of mine forgot her sin card had been applying since then and nada! That's over 2 years ago 

On 09/04/2016 at 9:40 AM, sicstang said:

Congratulations! Good luck in training.  I have my day 25 test on monday, feels like just yesterday I got the call.. time flies :)

How did your test go? Did you pass it?can you also tell me what date was your documentation? And when did you get the call for training? I am trying to figure out the time frame from documentation to training call?