STM 31-XXX Delivery watch

busfan0947

124 is an accessible line - and the classics are afraid of the hills on that line!

A lot of the 31-000 are being put on shorter runs this week to limit their mileage

Yes, but I was speaking of the 124X. It serves only as a shuttle for Marianopolis students so it does not have to be accessible, that's why we get Classics on it some times.

124 is an accessible line - and the classics are afraid of the hills on that line!

During a storm I heard the following detour for 124 to avoid the hills:

NB from Metro Vendome

Via Claremont

G. Sherbrooke

D. Décarie

D. Queen Mary

G. Victoria

Route regulière

How often does it need to do this?

Normally this detour is for when the hills are too slippery to go down. As far as the classics are concerned, many drivers don't care for them on the 124 since they are slower to go up the hills and many people use this line have mobility problems (they use this line instead of the western side of the orange line) and boarding is very long with a classic.

Also 31-051 was at SL on Friday

31-084,97 and 89 are on SL property. From what I hear some of the newer 31-000s will eventually be sent to Frontenac. This massive influx of 31-000s are unfortunately having a negative effect on the classics. 12-008 was retired, 15-064's destiny seems to have changed for the worse also.

Damn that sucks!

If Frontenac gets the 31s, don't the entire staff at Frontenac need to undergo training for the buses?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...