WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

MAJOR CRIME ALERT: A teenage boy suffered a gunshot wound at Glenmont Metro Station this past Friday at 4:15PM. Someone shot the boy on top of the station's parking garage (top level); after receiving a call, Montgomery County police spotted him with a wound to his lower body. He was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries; the gunman has not been arrested and is still at large.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/teen-shot-at-glenmont-metro-station-gunman-at-large

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2024/02/teen-hospitalized-after-shooting-at-glenmont-metro-station/

• Sad 2

NEWS ALERT: On February 8 at 8:30PM, a woman was trespassing in a restricted track area at Spring Hill Metro Station when a Silver Line train hit her in the front "intentionally". She was taken to the hospital for treatment, but the status of her injuries were not available at the time.

https://www.gazetteleader.com/fairfax/news/wmata-trespassing-woman-hit-by-metro-train-in-tysons-on-feb-8-8311355

• Sad 2

On 2/8/2024 at 10:18 PM, Er1ckRailfan6119 said:

@Metrobus1AĀ Do you know anything about the Blue LFAs (6454-6456-6460) and The LFRs? there at Mountgomery?

Update on 6454: Itā€™s officially marked as scrap. I noticed it as I brought my bus into the division. There were some other LFAs marked, but I didnā€™t see the numbers.

On another note, theyā€™re running six-car 7000 series trains on the Blue and Orange lines in addition to the Silver Line.

Edited by Metrobus1A
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Metrobus1A said:

Update on 6454: Itā€™s officially marked as scrap. I noticed it as I brought my bus into the division. There were some other LFAs marked, but I didnā€™t see the numbers.

On another note, theyā€™re running six-car 7000 series trains on the Blue and Orange lines in addition to the Silver Line.

I knew this is going systemwide. How many 2009 DE42LFA Hybrids are even left in service?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Metrobus1A said:

Theres been six-car 7000-series on every line lately. Now they're really pushing the 2000-series retirement.

40 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

I knew this is going systemwide. How many 2009 DE42LFA Hybrids are even left in service?

not a lot lately. Mostly Montgomery have been bringing them out. Not sure if Andrews still does on the top of my head.

• Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Theres been six-car 7000-series on every line lately. Now they're really pushing the 2000-series retirement.

not a lot lately. Mostly Montgomery have been bringing them out. Not sure if Andrews still does on the top of my head.

I know Cinder Bed still uses them too as I saw an LFA on the 17 line the other afternoon, but it seems they only come out for rush-hours only. Have that 75 Hybrid contract been awarded to anyone yet?

While we're on the topic, I know that WMATA will soon be due for another major multi-year bus contract (probably from New Flyer again). Here's what we got left to replace within the next 2-3 years (seeing that the Funding crisis has mostly been resolved, though we may still get hit with a few cuts):

- Remaining 2006 New Flyer D40LFRs

- Remaining 2009 New Flyer DE42LFA Hybrids

-2009 New Flyer DE37LFA Hybrids

- 2010 New Flyer DE42LFA Hybrids

-2012 Orion 7.503 EPA 3G BRTs (Clean Diesels and Hybrids, not getting overhauled)

-possibly 2014-2015 NABI BRT 42 Hybrids (these are also not getting overhauled last I heard)

Ā 

I have a feeling the 2011-2013 New Flyer XDE40 Hybrids will be sticking around until near the end of the decade (although the 2012 BAE units could and probably will go first).

As for Metro phasing out the 2000 series Bredas, I think they should honestly wait until the 8000 series arrive.

BTW, speaking of the 8Ks, I heard that WMATA had chosen to go ahead with the gangway style cars like MTA's R-211Ts.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

I know Cinder Bed still uses them too as I saw an LFA on the 17 line the other afternoon, but it seems they only come out for rush-hours only. Have that 75 Hybrid contract been awarded to anyone yet?

While we're on the topic, I know that WMATA will soon be due for another major multi-year bus contract (probably from New Flyer again). Here's what we got left to replace within the next 2-3 years (seeing that the Funding crisis has mostly been resolved, though we may still get hit with a few cuts):

- Remaining 2006 New Flyer D40LFRs

- Remaining 2009 New Flyer DE42LFA Hybrids

-2009 New Flyer DE37LFA Hybrids

- 2010 New Flyer DE42LFA Hybrids

-2012 Orion 7.503 EPA 3G BRTs (Clean Diesels and Hybrids, not getting overhauled)

-possibly 2014-2015 NABI BRT 42 Hybrids (these are also not getting overhauled last I heard)

Ā 

I have a feeling the 2011-2013 New Flyer XDE40 Hybrids will be sticking around until near the end of the decade (although the 2012 BAE units could and probably will go first).

DE42LFA DE37LFA? What's that? Ik what's the DE40LFA and DE35LFA... šŸ—暟—暟—暟—æ

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Er1ckRailfan6119 said:

DE42LFA DE37LFA? What's that? Ik what's the DE40LFA and DE35LFA... šŸ—暟—暟—暟—æ

That's what they used to be called when they first came out. I'm sticking to those monikers. It won't really matter for too much longer as these buses will probably be gone by late 2026.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

That's what they used to be called when they first came out. I'm sticking to those monikers. It won't really matter for too much longer as these buses will probably be gone by late 2026.

Sir, In the info of the Vehicle, clearly says DE40LFA and DE35LFA. Theres no info about 42 and 37 names. Thats what I meant...

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2024 at 8:51 PM, Er1ckRailfan6119 said:

Not a good sign....

Some more updates for yaā€¦.

6140, 6147 and 6460 are marked ā€œscrapā€. I just walked through all three buses and theyā€™ve had all reusable parts removed and whatnot.

6166 and 6172 are now officially ā€œReady Reserveā€ buses.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Metrobus1A said:

6140, 6147 and 6460 are marked ā€œscrapā€. I just walked through all three buses and theyā€™ve had all reusable parts removed and whatnot.

what blue LFAs are not scrapped?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Metrobus1A said:

Damn... 6140 and 47?... I was wanting those to come back into service and ofc Mountgomery killed them...

• Sad 1

On 2/23/2024 at 8:41 AM, Er1ckRailfan6119 said:

DE42LFA DE37LFA?

Ā 

Ā 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:59 PM, Er1ckRailfan6119 said:

Ā 

On 2/23/2024 at 8:43 AM, New Yorker 2001 said:

That's what they used to be called when they first came out. I'm sticking to those monikers.Ā 

Correct, TransiTalk Transportation Media Group by Trevor Logan, Jr used the name DE37LFA and DE42LFA on their website since late 2000s.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Ā 

Ā 

Correct, TransiTalk Transportation Media Group by Trevor Logan, Jr used the name DE37LFA and DE42LFA on their website since late 2000s.

Yep, and the artics went by DE62LFAs.

Ā 

13 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Hearing XN40 3350 was delivered to CET. Need more conformation though.

About....Damn...Time!!! These new units will no doubt be 2024 CNGs and will have all the specs of the 2023 New Flyer XD40s and 2023 New Flyer XE60s (including the bigger taillights). I do wonder where these last XN40s will be assigned to? Personally, I would guess Four Mile Run depot would get them, displacing most of their 2020 New Flyer XN40 CNGs to Bladensburg depot.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 6:48 AM, New Yorker 2001 said:

Yep, and the artics went by DE62LFAs.

Ā 

About....Damn...Time!!! These new units will no doubt be 2024 CNGs and will have all the specs of the 2023 New Flyer XD40s and 2023 New Flyer XE60s (including the bigger taillights). I do wonder where these last XN40s will be assigned to? Personally, I would guess Four Mile Run depot would get them, displacing most of their 2020 New Flyer XN40 CNGs to Bladensburg depot.

I think they gonna do

3350-3362 FMR

3363-3374 to Blade.

Like the 2019-2020 XD40s tho. thjats my guess

• Thanks 1

NEWS ALERT: A teenage girl is dead after riding on the outside of a railcar to Silver Spring Metro Station yesterday (03/01) at 10:30AM. I saw this heartbreaking news about the 'train-surfing incident' when it was first reported during Fox 5's Live Zone at that time.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2024/03/teen-girl-dies-in-train-surfing-incident-near-silver-spring-metro-station/

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/metro-responds-to-medical-emergency-causing-delays-on-the-red-line

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, BusTraveler96 said:

NEWS ALERT: A teenage girl is dead after riding on the outside of a railcar to Silver Spring Metro Station yesterday (03/01) at 10:30AM. I saw this heartbreaking news about the 'train-surfing incident' when it was first reported during Fox 5's Live Zone at that time.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2024/03/teen-girl-dies-in-train-surfing-incident-near-silver-spring-metro-station/

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/metro-responds-to-medical-emergency-causing-delays-on-the-red-line

i never understood the purposes of surfing. for clout?Ā 

• Confused 1