WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

1 hour ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Saw an OOS CUE bus 2015 Gillig Advantage BRT (#833) driving southbound on I-95 HOV yesterday in Springfield.

There's also ALOT of retired 2009 LFA hybrids still parked at Cinder Bed.

#4568 damaged already? It's always new buses getting into wrecks so soon, I never understood that.

Do those LFAs have the logos and numbers on them still?

18 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Do those LFAs have the logos and numbers on them still?

I don't know for sure since I only drove by the entrance, but from my vantage point, it looks like they all still have their decals on, including the REX units. However, they were all by the "scrap" side of the depot. I also saw the EX WMATA EPA10 3G O7 hybrids (TAGS) buses at FFC's Huntington garage.

Speaking of scrap, why are there D40LFRs at FMR?

5 hours ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

I don't know for sure since I only drove by the entrance, but from my vantage point, it looks like they all still have their decals on, including the REX units. However, they were all by the "scrap" side of the depot. I also saw the EX WMATA EPA10 3G O7 hybrids (TAGS) buses at FFC's Huntington garage.

Speaking of scrap, why are there D40LFRs at FMR?

Those D40LFRs were a reserve fleet for FMR but they never needed them. Plus 6142 I heard is scratched off now. Also those LFAs have a possibility of coming back but it seems unlikely.

3 hours ago, Rob S said:

Spotted 2830 and 2832 in Virginia this morning on the beltway going towards the mixing bowl.  

what were they doing in VA?

6 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Those D40LFRs were a reserve fleet for FMR but they never needed them. Plus 6142 I heard is scratched off now. Also those LFAs have a possibility of coming back but it seems unlikely.

what were they doing in VA?

Not sure.  They were traveling together near Telegraph Road.   I didn’t see any shuttles today.   The last time I saw one in VA was when they were road testing them after they kept stalling out.  2871 followed an Orion VII on the 29G am run.  Only time I ever saw the destination sign read “Not in service - route testing in progress”.

10 hours ago, Rob S said:

Not sure.  They were traveling together near Telegraph Road.   I didn’t see any shuttles today.   The last time I saw one in VA was when they were road testing them after they kept stalling out.  2871 followed an Orion VII on the 29G am run.  Only time I ever saw the destination sign read “Not in service - route testing in progress”.

That was probably when the original XN40s first got here, before FMR started to receive their allotment. As for those 2 2015 units that you saw, they could have been headed for Manassas or Fredericksburg for work that can't be done in-house.

8 hours ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

2018 New Flyer XN40 CNG #3100 was working the REX line earlier this evening. First time since 2014 a CNG was on the route.

Those "loans" are likely glitches and end up being another route it seems. Idk why tracking has been messed up for a while. Like 5474 was tracked on the F8 but it ended up being an R4. Still not sure what is 22449 though.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:25 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Those "loans" are likely glitches and end up being another route it seems. Idk why tracking has been messed up for a while. Like 5474 was tracked on the F8 but it ended up being an R4. Still not sure what is 22449 though.

This was actually not on WMATA's ETA site, but rather Transee. There was a Western Depot XDE40 (forgot which unit) on the 38B yesterday too at one point.

Also, Cinder Bed has a 2014-15 NABI BRT 42 hybrid out now, #8082 is currently on the REX. I rarely those.

10 hours ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

This was actually not on WMATA's ETA site, but rather Transee. There was a Western Depot XDE40 (forgot which unit) on the 38B yesterday too at one point.

Also, Cinder Bed has a 2014-15 NABI BRT 42 hybrid out now, #8082 is currently on the REX. I rarely those.

Yeah a lot of the so called loans are just glitches. They would usually disappear off the radar after a few minutes. Cinder Bed do sends their NABIs out but mainly during the weekday peak hours only. Everyone else sends them out here and there but mainly they're collecting dust at the back of garages.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:45 AM, DCTransitFilms said:

Looks like Andrews have scratched up some of their LFRs now. Not sure which ones though but at least 5 of them are now scratched. The following are still not scratched: 6175, 6197, 6202, 6134, 6193, 6186, 6198, and 6160. Not sure any others though.

So how many 2006 LFRs are left now? About 75 units?

6 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Looks like Landover and occasionally Western are the only two garages that brings out the LFRs now. Like 8 LFRs were on Landover routes this morning and a few from Western. 

Southern Ave lost all of theirs?

Also, I'm really starting to think that the remaining C40LFRs are all retired now... haven't seen one since last September.

4 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Southern Ave lost all of theirs?

Also, I'm really starting to think that the remaining C40LFRs are all retired now... haven't seen one since last September.

C40LFRs are still intact as a friend of mines that works at Blade said they're just reserves along with their LFRs. Not sure if any have been marked yet though. Southern Avenue still got their LFRs and occasionally brings them out but not as much.

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Seems a few FMR buses have been appearing on Shepard Parkway routes as of late. Not sure if this is in preparation of Shep handling CNG buses or they’re just being testing there.

Could just be school trippers. There aren't enough CNGs on order to allow Sheppard's Parkway to move to fulltime CNG operations unless Bladensburg transfer routes with them. Those 2022 New Flyer XN40 CNGs are to spell the end of the remaining 2007 New Flyer C40LFR CNGs.

The next part of the mystery is...whose going to end up getting #3350-3374? It's possible they could be Four Mile Run bound as a clue could be that Bladensburg recent took a couple of 2020 XN40s from FMR (#3315-3316). If that's the case, I'd expect #3350-3374 to bump off #3315-3339 to Bladensburg while Four Mile Run keeps #3340-3349 + gains #3350-3374. The XN40 fleet could thus be divided up like this: Bladensburg: 2015-16 XN40s: #2830-2910, 2019-2020 XN40s: #3200-3339, Four Mile Run 2016 XN40s: #2911-2993, 2018 XN40s: #3100-3199, 2020/2022 XN40s: #3340-3374. 

But everything is subject to change...

Additionally, it'd be nice to gain info on the remaining 2022-23 XD40 assignments #4630-4774.