WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

7 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Interesting.

More updates: a few 6300s have moved to Andrews. Likely its 6382-6395 as 6386, 6390, and 6395 have been on Andrews routes. Also some 35LFAs went to Bladensburg as 3768 was on the U4 yesterday and now the E2 now.

Any idea of any scrap bus moves coming from Cinder Bed Depot?

18 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

not yet. Two buses have returned from the Cinder Bed shitshow though: 6372 and 6376. Both were at Shep recently though but haven't been tracked in a while.

That's interesting. I wonder what they did with the supervisor SUVs that read "Metrobus" instead of "M"?

19 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

not yet. Two buses have returned from the Cinder Bed shitshow though: 6372 and 6376. Both were at Shep recently though but haven't been tracked in a while.

Apparently,  there are now dozens of OOS 7000 series cars parked along the phase 2 stretch of the Silver Line. Supposedly due to a lack of room in the Rail yards (presumably in the Northern Virginia side). Not sure if this will also effect the opening date of said stretch....

5 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Apparently,  there are now dozens of OOS 7000 series cars parked along the phase 2 stretch of the Silver Line. Supposedly due to a lack of room in the Rail yards (presumably in the Northern Virginia side). Not sure if this will also effect the opening date of said stretch....

Yup at least 40 OOS railcars there.

It seems Western will be getting the first set of 4600s as 4605, 4610, and 4611 were spotted there. Not sure how many they getting though.

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

That's interesting. I wonder what they did with the supervisor SUVs that read "Metrobus" instead of "M"?

Might be at Fairfax Connector.   Transdev owned them, had VA tags on them.   Hope some 4600s go to Cinder Bed.  Would like to see some in the REX paint.  7096 has a bad gps tracker.   Have watched it several days bounce all over the DC area!   Bounces from the VA routes to Bowie and northwest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Might be at Fairfax Connector.   Transdev owned them, had VA tags on them.   Hope some 4600s go to Cinder Bed.  Would like to see some in the REX paint.  7096 has a bad gps tracker.   Have watched it several days bounce all over the DC area!   Bounces from the VA routes to Bowie and northwest.

Speaking of Cinder Bed, they’re also Slanted to getting 4615-4629 per a Facebook group. So the first assignments will likely be 4600-4614 Western, and 4615-4629 Cinder Bed

47 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Speaking of Cinder Bed, they’re also Slanted to getting 4615-4629 per a Facebook group. So the first assignments will likely be 4600-4614 Western, and 4615-4629 Cinder Bed

But don't Western have some new #4500s? They're getting more new buses?

1 hour ago, Rob S said:

I don't think WMATA brands the buses anymore.  They haven't done that since since 2018 when they repainted several #6300s in the REX scheme. 

34 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Is it still assigned to Cinder Bed or is it our of Sheppard's Parkway now? Was it in service?

3 minutes ago, Rob S said:

It’s on the 17G block number CQ58.  I’ve seen several buses do Cinder Bed routes and then end up on the 90, 92, P6 etc.  

Shep and Cinder Bed are sharing buses rn after all. It'll all change after this weekend. Guessing the buses slanted to go to Cinder Bed are some 6300s, and 7065-7099 since the XDE40s are only on Cinder Bed routes.

46 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Shep and Cinder Bed are sharing buses rn after all. It'll all change after this weekend. Guessing the buses slanted to go to Cinder Bed are some 6300s, and 7065-7099 since the XDE40s are only on Cinder Bed routes.

There's a possibility that #8082-8105 may also be Virginia bound. Once Cinder Bed reopens fully,  any clue as to what other routes they will take in officially (besides the 29s, REX, 17s, and 18s)?

42 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I’ve tracked some 7000s on dc routes.  It’s rare though.

Yeah until now, the 7000 series (the buses, not the trains lol) were mainly on Maryland routes out of Maryland Depots.

11 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

There's a possibility that #8082-8105 may also be Virginia bound. Once Cinder Bed reopens fully,  any clue as to what other routes they will take in officially (besides the 29s, REX, 17s, and 18s)?

Yeah until now, the 7000 series (the buses, not the trains lol) were mainly on Maryland routes out of Maryland Depots.

I see them taking the 11C (hopefully 11Y route again soon), 8W,  10A/B, 21C, maybe some 28A routes.   When FMR goes through renovation they will probably get more.

Cinder Bed is a new garage so they will probably put it to good use.

49 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I’ve tracked some 7000s on dc routes.  It’s rare though.

9 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Just now, Rob S said:

I see them taking the 11C (hopefully 11Y route again soon), 8W,  10A/B, 21C, maybe some 28A routes.   When FMR goes through renovation they will probably get more.

Some 7000s were on DC routes at times, saw them mainly on Christmas and occasionally, but they're mainly on VA routes. Those higher 7000s have been everywhere atp.

5 2022 XD40s are now in service. 4605 D6, 4606 31, 4610 and 4611 33, and 4612 L2. Guessing I was right Western getting the first set of 4600s.

4 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Some 7000s were on DC routes at times, saw them mainly on Christmas and occasionally, but they're mainly on VA routes. Those higher 7000s have been everywhere atp.

5 2022 XD40s are now in service. 4605 D6, 4606 31, 4610 and 4611 33, and 4612 L2. Guessing I was right Western getting the first set of 4600s.

So won't that technically also make the #4600s 2021 models?

7 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Cinder Bed is a new garage so they will probably put it to good use.

West Ox is also still relatively new as well, but they certainly didn't put that depot to good use....

On that note, why did they build West Ox to be a Metrobus depot anyway? It makes sense for Fairfax Connector. 

1 minute ago, Chris.A said:

So won't that technically also make the #4600s 2021 models?

West Ox is also still relatively new as well, but they certainly didn't put that depot to good use....

4600s are 2022 models because of VINs, but they were built in 2021 so technically you're right, but considered a 2022 model. Also West Ox was planned, and approved before FFC took the 12 and 20 lines. Have we still have those lines, West Ox would be busy.

Honestly,  I think the main problem is that they built it so far away from the rest of the system. They probably would have been better off building a Depot around Tyson's Corner instead.  Atleast then they could have taken the 28A, 23A/23T, 5A, etc.

2 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Fairfax County owns West Ox.  It was a replacement for Arlington.   They have a 75 year lease there.

Yeah and for that very reason,  it should have been a full time/main overhaul maintenance facility for Fairfax Connector bus.

4 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

4600s are 2022 models because of VINs, but they were built in 2021 so technically you're right, but considered a 2022 model. Also West Ox was planned, and approved before FFC took the 12 and 20 lines. Have we still have those lines, West Ox would be busy.

Who had the 12 and 20 lines before? Arlington or Montgomery?

2 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Honestly,  I think the main problem is that they built it so far away from the rest of the system. They probably would have been better off building a Depot around Tyson's Corner instead.  Atleast then they could have taken the 28A, 23A/23T, 5A, etc.

4 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Fairfax County owns West Ox.  It was a replacement for Arlington.   They have a 75 year lease there. Wish they kept the 12s, and 20s.

What I'm saying too, but again, at the time it would've worked. Plus technically the 12s and 20s still exists but as FFC lines.

That was something that always made me wonder as those lines were very far from any Depot at the time, though technically Montgomery Depot was the closest in terms of Deadheads over the bridge on I-495.

2 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

What I'm saying too, but again, at the time it would've worked. Plus technically the 12s and 20s still exists but as FFC lines.

Almost makes me wish that I moved to the DMV from NY in 2001 instead of 2005. Almost...lmao

5 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Hypothetically,  a Tyson's Corner garage could also help out with some outer D.C. and Maryland routes. Montgomery and possibly Western could have gotten a huge load taken off. Not sure why this wasn't done.

4 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

That was something that always made me wonder as those lines were very far from any Depot at the time, though technically Montgomery Depot was the closest in terms of Deadheads over the bridge on I-495.

Almost makes me wish that I moved to the DMV from NY in 2001 instead of 2005. Almost...lmao

Nowadays it all just the major corridors WMATA does and the local neighborhoods and regions are done by other TAs.

The 7000 series are unsurprisingly... pulled from service again due to more issues. Shocker... https://www.wusa9.com/article/traffic/7000-series-metro-cars-pulled-service-again/65-ed791e2a-30d4-46d5-ad53-d57b43089afd

And WMATA announced they will begin an all-door boarding on buses next year. Fare evaders gonna have a field day. https://dcist.com/story/21/11/23/metro-buses-rear-boarding-wmata-smarttrip/

7 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Nowadays it all just the major corridors WMATA does and the local neighborhoods and regions are done by other TAs.

The 7000 series are unsurprisingly... pulled from service again due to more issues. Shocker... https://www.wusa9.com/article/traffic/7000-series-metro-cars-pulled-service-again/65-ed791e2a-30d4-46d5-ad53-d57b43089afd

And WMATA announced they will begin an all-door boarding on buses next year. Fare evaders gonna have a field day. https://dcist.com/story/21/11/23/metro-buses-rear-boarding-wmata-smarttrip/

All door boarding is going to be a disaster.  Aren’t they doing that in NYC?