WMATA Washington

DCAreaTransitFan

When the 7000 series return to service, it will be a phased entry as safety checks, inspections, and tests are being made. With these phase ins, train frequencies will be improved for every 8 minutes on the Red Line and 15 minutes on all other lines.

https://twitter.com/wmata/status/1468990333782568964?s=20

8 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

When the 7000 series return to service, it will be a phased entry as safety checks, inspections, and tests are being made. With these phase ins, train frequencies will be improved for every 8 minutes on the Red Line and 15 minutes on all other lines.

https://twitter.com/wmata/status/1468990333782568964?s=20

In January right?

WMATA has announced a gradual return of the 7000 series. A max of 336 cars will see service making it 42 trains. Metro will pause for 90 days without further release of additional cars until all aspects of the new inspection cycles are fully established and any needed adjustments are made under WMSC oversight. 
https://www.wmata.com/about/news/7K-Restoration-Plan.cfm?fbclid=IwAR3bK73KrK4PUy2Z2ZaIZbVpSu38hDWaEmCyY74a72owxZMvnMPwdo0MKq4

18 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

WMATA has announced a gradual return of the 7000 series. A max of 336 cars will see service making it 42 trains. Metro will pause for 90 days without further release of additional cars until all aspects of the new inspection cycles are fully established and any needed adjustments are made under WMSC oversight. 
https://www.wmata.com/about/news/7K-Restoration-Plan.cfm?fbclid=IwAR3bK73KrK4PUy2Z2ZaIZbVpSu38hDWaEmCyY74a72owxZMvnMPwdo0MKq4

Great to hear,  especially considering that the Silver Line will be fully functional by spring.  

Do you remember when WMATA is supposed to move into Cinder Bed Depot?

Expecting some major bus moves in the next few months...

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

Great to hear,  especially considering that the Silver Line will be fully functional by spring.  

Do you remember when WMATA is supposed to move into Cinder Bed Depot?

Expecting some major bus moves in the next few months...

Cinder Bed is suppose to be taken back by WMATA on Dec 26. Operators are being planned to be split between FMR and Shep for the time being until WMATA inspects the 6300s. Due to the conditions of some of the buses they might flat out be retired. It won't likely be until like March or summer when they'll do a full bus move again likely. Some of the former Transdev workers will also be move to WMATA I heard.

42 minutes ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Cinder Bed is suppose to be taken back by WMATA on Dec 26. Operators are being planned to be split between FMR and Shep for the time being until WMATA inspects the 6300s. Due to the conditions of some of the buses they might flat out be retired. It won't likely be until like March or summer when they'll do a full bus move again likely. Some of the former Transdev workers will also be move to WMATA I heard.

I thought they were going to FFC? I wonder if WMATA will sue Transdev for the damaged buses?

9 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Some who wanna stay will be relocated to WMATA garages I heard. Hopefully WMATA does sue for the damages.

Any updates on West Ox?

Four Mile Run is going to be overwhelmed as in addition of running their own routes along West Ox's, now they going to run Cinder Bed's too? Sheppard's Parkway probably won't be enough. They should get Montgomery depot to help out too with West Ox depot's routes.

8 minutes ago, Chris.A said:

Any updates on West Ox?

Four Mile Run is going to be overwhelmed as in addition of running their own routes along West Ox's, now they going to run Cinder Bed's too? Sheppard's Parkway probably won't be enough. They should get Montgomery depot to help out too with West Ox depot's routes.

I think they’ll do this too to see if West Ox needs to open yet. There are also rumors some 6100s will be moved to Cinder Bed but again, not 100% sure yet. 

1 hour ago, DCTransitFilms said:

I think they’ll do this too to see if West Ox needs to open yet. There are also rumors some 6100s will be moved to Cinder Bed but again, not 100% sure yet. 

I can see that happening honestly as when you think about it, the current fleet is being stretched thin and I don't think WMATA wants to activate the new #4600 series XD40s yet. Are they really getting only 75 this year? And are we really not going to have a #4599 going forward? Someone in WMATA must know what the story with that bus is as it is very bizarre how they skipped that number.

2 hours ago, Chris.A said:

I can see that happening honestly as when you think about it, the current fleet is being stretched thin and I don't think WMATA wants to activate the new #4600 series XD40s yet. Are they really getting only 75 this year? And are we really not going to have a #4599 going forward? Someone in WMATA must know what the story with that bus is as it is very bizarre how they skipped that number.

Only thing I can say about 4599 was it was likely rejected. And not sure about the 4600s yet as we suppose to get 25 XN40s but none have been built or delivered yet. Rn the 4600s have license plates and some VINs found while the rest are being delivered. And it’s likely either the 6100s will go to Cinder Bed or new XD40s will be delivered there instead. But who knows ??‍♂️

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

The first 7000 series train has re entered service on the Silver Line from Wiehle Reston. I heard there’s another one on the Blue line too but not sure.

https://twitter.com/wmata/status/1471833896492929034?s=21

Great news to hear!!! Much sooner than I thought it would be to bring them back. Keep your fingers crossed that they don't end up like the New but beleaguered R-179s.....

2 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Basically

Be that as it may, what I do find interesting about this update, is the implication that WMATA will test electric buses from more than one Manufacturer. 

So in addition to more XE40s, we're might also get Proterra ZX5s (especially since DASH recently took delivery of some), and/or possibly the Nova LFS e as well as the Gillig Advantage BRT Plus EV.

The Artics are assumed to be New Flyer XE60s unless WMATA looks to BYD for buses....I doubt this.

1 hour ago, Chris.A said:

Moments ago, I saw 2009 New Flyer DE42LFA hybrid #6402 training on the 29K bound for Kings Street,  followed immediately by #6346 actually working on the 29K. Moves are about to be made it seems...

About time!